Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:23:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTussToss
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TussToss  (Read 11708 times)
KelsoTI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2007, 06:05:14 PM »

Hi everyone. I just recently found the blog and I love it, as well as the new forums. My friend and I recently finished our first game ever. It's called TussToss and truth be told, it's a block drop game.  Before anyone groans, we tried to make it something alot more than a run-of-the-mill tetris clone. I hope you find that the game has enough character and life to make for it to stand on its own and be enjoyable.

The basic gameplay is simple. In each level there is an arrangment of "Sucks", which you learn through the opening story are taking over the world. Luckily Sucks happen to be allergic to delicious Tuss Soda. Each level has a Suckiness rating. This rating tells you how many sides of a Suck have to be surrounded by like-color TussSoda (the aformentioned falling blocks  Wink) in order for that Suck to be destroyed.

controls:

arrow keys = control Tuss
space = fast drop
esc = pause

special notes:

Lining up 3 like-colored Tuss's will give you back more time
The Cursed Shoe will destroy anything it touches
The Burger Block will switch the blocks adjacent to it
The silver Tuss is a wildcard
Also, the window for the game is draggable, even if it doesnt look it

The demo can be found  http://www.thinkingimpaired.com/tusstoss/demo/DemoSetup.exe

The website for the game is http://www.tusstoss.com
Flash 8 is required. There is more info of the game, including a trailer, up there.

required specs:

Windows 2000/XP
128MBs of Ram
Direct X 9.0c
videocard 

Again, I hope that you find the game fun and filled with character. It was purposefully made to be lighthearted and goofy. Any comments you can give on the presentation will be greatly appreciated. Also, any comments on gameplay (balance, controls, etc) or technical issues would also really help. Like I said before this is our first game and we are really looking for input on where we can improve. Thanks!

My friend Aaron and I produce games under the name TiStudios, you can see more stuff here if you are curious. http://www.tistudios.com

finally, here are some huge screenshots (Sorry for hugeness)

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 07:44:32 PM »

I saw the development of your game from the GDNet journals. It's always been one of my favourite GDNet projects, and I'm glad to see it's done!

Fantastic work.

SmittyTI
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »

Thanks for the comments ravuya (I still have Glow installed, it rocks).  Feel free to keep 'em coming.  Tuss Toss has been a great learning experience for both Kelsey and Me (Aaron) and we want to squeeze every bit of education out of it.
jostvise2d
Level 0

ю:

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 04:18:39 AM »

Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic