Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:49:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations"CHARGE!!!" - "2048 meets Chess" - Mobile - 2 Months - Seeking 2D Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "CHARGE!!!" - "2048 meets Chess" - Mobile - 2 Months - Seeking 2D Artist  (Read 1233 times)
mhughson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:38 PM »

The Game

Take the beautifully simplistic strategy of 2048, twist it into a turn-based competitive multi-player game!

If you haven't played 2048 yet, it only takes 30 seconds to get a feeling for it, and can be played right in your browser. It will make the rest of this post easier to understand.

"Charge!!!" has the feeling of chess or checkers, but with the movement-set of 2048. Unlike 2048, every tile in "Charge!!!" is owned by either Player 1 or Player 2. Tiles are slid and combined similar to 2048; when two tiles of the same value are pushed into one another, they combine into 1 with their combined value being assigned to the new tile.

[4] >>> [4] = [8]

However, in "Charge!!!" the tiles aren't just combined, they are 'captured'! When 2 tiles combine, the player who moved that turn keeps the new tile, and the other player loses a tile.

The first player to have a combined total of 100 points worth of tiles wins.

What I Have

I have built a really rough prototype of the game already. It's ugly but I think it proves the fun of the concept.

What I Need

I am a programmer and I need a 2D artist. You should be able to dedicate a couple hours most days to the project. I will be doing the same. I expect the game to take about 2 months to make.

With the basic gameplay prototyped, I now need someone to help turn these boxes with numbers into something more interesting. Maybe these are roving hoards of barbarians, battling each other over land. Maybe it's zombies vs aliens. Who knows! I think there is a lot of room for creativity there.

For example, here is a simple paint-over I did of the prototype to turn it into a post-apocalyptic theme (using sprites found online).

Who am I

You can read my bio here but the short version is I've be a professional game programmer for 10 years, working on games such as: Prototype 1 & 2, Dying Light, and Gears of War. I recently released my own mobile game, Swipe Tap Smash so I have a clear understanding of what needs to be done here.

Platforms

Android to start (it is the one I am most familiar with) and hopefully branch out to iOS after that.

Revenue Share

Assuming you are putting in the same hours as me, I am happy to split the profits 50/50 after I have covered the licensing fees for the platforms we release on.

I don't expect to make money on this though; it's just for fun really.

Interested?

Shoot me an email: [email protected]

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic