Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:57:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Onikira: Demon Killer
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Project Onikira: Demon Killer  (Read 11919 times)
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 02:49:45 AM »

Hi there

Sorry for the radio silence. We have been heads down working away. Also we got to Tokyo Game Show, that was really fun.

We have a new trailer and I thought I would show it here to see what you think :D

(I wanted to embed but it seems is not possible  Sad )

roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 04:18:17 AM »

Hey there, We are going live on Steam Early access this friday. If you are interested in reviewing the game you can request a key via distribute() here http://dodistribute.com/access/E8Bqzz3jo7/

all the best
Nilanjan
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »

Wow your art is really awesome. All the best with the game!!! Beer!
Adam_
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »

Awesome Smiley Finally some ninja-fueled 2D greatness! Beer!

roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »

Re posted from out Steam discussion forums :D

Onikira has just been updated with a couple of bug fixes:

Music restarts after dying.
Steam Leaderboards .
Fix certain types of launch crashes (hopefully most).
All weapons enabled on challenge arenas.
Set anti-aliasing from the menu.
Multi-resolution support.
Other small fixes.

Meanwhile we are working on the next level set in a city of ninjas. When we drop that update we will also include:

- level selection (for levels you have unlocked)
- Automatic error tracking (can opt out)

Anything you want? (reply here)

For those of you in the US and Canada we hope you are enjoying the festive season. Great time to play games surely Wink

All the best from the people at Digital Furnace Games
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:16 AM »

Hello. We wanted to let you know what is going on with the game right now. We are hoping to do an update in the coming weeks that will include level 3: The Tengu, which should be fun; a new level and a new enemy!

We've been doing a lot of work on a new level. Here is an early preview of Hirumo's Return, including a new move for Jiro: naginata aiming!

For the last 4 weeks on Thursdays we have been live streaming from our channel www.twitch.tv/digitalfurnace We generally stream on Thursdays at 2pm Irish time (at the moment that is GMT), so stop by and say hi!

We have some videos from the previous weeks' streams as a result on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoExYObYR4eqzTDTFvHMzOw/feed

You asked, we listened: the controls menus are nearly complete! Here are some screen-shots of the work in progress :simple_smile: .

We also have a trello board that we thought you might want to look at:

Finally, we're updating existing levels with a new texture tile system, resulting in lower memory usage, smaller file sizes and decreased stuttering and load times!

Thanks for all your support as always and hope you are enjoying the game!!
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 05:49:04 AM »

Wow, it has been a while since the last update here... however we have been updating the game on Steam and working so hard to finish the game.

This is a video that might give you a peak into what is going on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZoK5_Jx524&feature=youtu.be
tuglaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 07:42:34 AM »

It's looking amazing! Hadn't seen these new level layouts.

roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 07:44:56 AM »

Thanks, Smiley
We are less engaged than usual because we are trying to finish the game off :D
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 03:39:07 AM »

Wow!! we are getting very very very close to the end here
Basically fixing bugs and all the little problems that have accumulated over time.

For other devs, any advice on getting close to release? ( wereleased P-3 Biotic ages ago, but things change and , it is always good to hear about what other people do)

Basically any suggestions, comments, etc very welcome. Will update with screenshots later as well :D
ThilDuncan
Level 0

Indie Developer at Ghost Town Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:54 AM »

Final stretch guys :D

No advise other than that which a wise old hermit told me once:

"Players won't care if you have to cut features they never knew they were ever getting in the first place..." or something like that... it seemed wise and profound at the time... but I'm guessing you're past the adding/removing features stage now Smiley

All the best, it's looking great!

P.

roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 04:31:49 AM »

roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2015, 05:12:23 AM »

Hi, so the time has come to release the full game, the date is marked as the 30th of July... we are both incredibly happy and terrified to do this.
Our publishers Head Up Games and Merge Games have been super helpful Thanks.

Also everyone involved in making this game and supporting the making of this game, thanks so much Smiley [the list is long you know who you are].

I am sure you are wondering how the game is looking these days, some screenshots here:

f you have been playing the game via Early Access, Thanks so much!! we couldn't have done this without you. (cat tax as a thanks :D)

cat tax

If you are a member of the press looking to review the game please use this link to request it.

Press release http://onikira.com/press-release-2015-07-10
    Press Kithttp://bit.ly/OnikiraPress
    Screenshots http://imgur.com/a/tQzp2#0

The awesome Marlow Wiebe is currently working on our trailer, and we'll update this post with it as soon as it's ready.
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 03:06:53 AM »

We are also running a fanart competition www.onikira.com/art-competition/
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »

Hey fine gamers!!
In the months since early access we've been working our collective butt off to finish this game. Our final deadline for release was to be July 30th and while we've fixed countless bugs, and added 3 times the content, we feel that if we release tomorrow, the game will be missing that final layer of polish that will take it from being a fun game to being an amazing one. We know that the game in it’s current state far exceeds the early access version in every possible way, so we’re anxious to get it out there, but obviously everything needs to be running as smoothly as possible before that can happen.

So, we have decided to hold off on release for just a few more weeks while we put our final marks on the game. We hope you understand and that this doesn’t come as too much of a disappointment. We promise it will be worth the wait! All of us here are so excited for Onikra’s full release, and we’ve been working like crazy to get there. Thank you for all your reviews both good and bad. We read every one to help us push harder to make the game as good as it can be.

roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »

DEVPEEK #1!
Hello People!

As we had to postpone the release date, we wanted at least to give more information about the development process, how the things are going, which bugs we solved, how was the playthrough, what we had for the lunch, this kind of stuff....

So, welcome to the DEVPEEK #1!

Today, Sir Andrew, the Brave, (Andrew, programmer) is working relentlessly to defeat an evil crash that is making all of us bald since yesterday, when the hopeless loading screens were affected by a disease, that makes them throw up all the resources they ingest with serialization errors.

Meanwhile, Andrea (programmer) Is working in the keyboard mapping bugs! As we want the game to be as enjoyable when playing with the keyboard/mouse as it is when playing with the controller!

Dan (aka Daniel , level designer) is at home in the moment, sipping a tea and relaxing... But no!
He is working from home today, but he was changing the front end screen (that one where you can train your moves with a dumb Ashigaru), so it will use a different kind of asset than the ones we have today.
But why is he doing this if the current one is working? God, WHY???
Wait, I can answer that!
Is because with this changes we will be able to preload this scene and Jiro's moves quickly before letting you play. So, when you first execute a move, you don't get any spike from loading resources (and will look more cool, I'm sure!).

And finally, Ronan ( level designer)... He was complaining that his list is getting to an end, and was that maybe...
No, also not this again, I think I need to pay more attention!
He was working mostly in Tengu, as we had some stuff to polish there.
The dialogue sequence that we have there but you had no idea because is not in the current early access version was playing twice!
Who did this?
Well doesn't matter, the important part is that Ronan fixed! and tweaked it to have something more that I can't tell you, sorry (and this means a bit of work for Tom, or 'Tomomom, the animator')

I think those are the highlights for today,
See you in the next issue of DEVPEEK!

the guy who tests (Thiego, QA)
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 08:10:51 AM »

Hi there

So this is the new trailer :D

And the new press release http://www.onikira.com/press-release-14th-august-2015/
roundcrisis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 03:26:31 AM »

And we are released on steam!!!

Killing demons is hard. Making a game about killing demons is SO MUCH HARDER! If I was offered two jobs right now, and one of them was punching Satan's butt spawn in the face for eternity, and the other making a game, I'd have my bag packs for the underworld faster than you could say this is my boom stick!

But I digress:) We've been working on Onikira for pretty much three years, and now finally, unbelievably, it's done. Its been an amazing journey, with some amazing people, and like any creative endeavor, full of its ups and downs, but so so worth it. We'd like to thank everyone who had a hand in making the game what it is. That includes everyone who was kind enough to buy the game on early access and give us their feedback, our publishers, HeadUp and Merge Games, for putting their trust in us, and all of our estranged friends and families who we will now be re-introducing ourselves to in the hopes that they remember us. We will be all over the forums to help with any problems that come up in the next few days, but for now, this is the Onikira team signing off. You stay classy Steam-diego Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic