Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:30:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsVideo: Making a treasure chest in GIMP
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Video: Making a treasure chest in GIMP  (Read 6164 times)
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2008, 08:31:29 AM »

I recorded myself (actually my screen :-P) making a treasure chest for my 3D Flash game in GIMP. Its something between timelapse (but only 2x speed - i would make it realtime, but it had to be under 10mins... also it would be a little boring i believe since i didn't thought out how to make it, i was just clicking here and there until it looked right :-P) and tutorial (since you can see what i'm doing, especially if you know GIMP's UI).

The video also shows placing the chest in the game using the map editor and the chest in-game (although in the final game it will appear smaller since i haven't added sprite scaling yet and currently it looks too big :-).

~bs~
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 11:38:31 AM »

That's an interesting technique, drawing something and then shrinking it to get the line art. For some reason I've never seen anyone do that before.

Nice video. Smiley

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:21:48 PM »

I thought it would be a boring vid, but decided to watch anyway.  I ended up really enjoying it. Good job Smiley

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »

Just a quick tip, although I mainly use graphicsgale now, for Gimp, you can set up an extra view that has the selected image at 100% zoom. So you don't need to keep zooming in and out.

edit: just noticed a weird typo.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:47:09 PM by Nitro Crate » Logged
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 02:35:22 AM »

Yeah, i know about that, but i find the window decorations to take too much space and i prefer to keep my eyes focused to a single point (center of the screen, where the image is) than moving left and right.

~bs~
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »

That game looks kickin' rad.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic