Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:38:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsBalding's Quest (Moderator: BMcC)Balding's Quest: Milestone 3 Development
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Print
Author Topic: Balding's Quest: Milestone 3 Development  (Read 94958 times)
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »

It would be great if there was a speech bubble system.

Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »

• Implemeted proper foreground and background tile rendering.
  • Added accelerator keys or keyboard short cuts.
  • Changed the error dialog box from using a wxTreeCtrl to a wxListCtrl for better appearances.
  • Added BqEd shortcut to the installer.
  • Added tool tips for the tile type tool palette.
  • Added tool bar radio tools to allow you to view all tiles, foreground tiles and background tiles.

I like turtles.
Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »

• Rewrote the selection code. Display should now render selection boxes appropriately dependent on circumstances. Selecting something already selected will deselect it.
  • Rewrote move code. Scripts will now have a highlighted box indicating which ones will be moved. Cursor also changes to a move cursor.
  • Added foreground and background painting tools to allow the user to select which tiles are in the background or foreground layer.
  • Selection code is now implemented. Select All, Select All Tiles, Select All Scripts.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on this week, but somethings did get developed for the better.

I like turtles.
DugIt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »

So...What's up with our favorite project?

BMcC, I'm still highly interested in using this for my project. I can't wait to get started on it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:43:41 PM by DugIt » Logged
medieval
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:11 AM »

using this for my project.

That's what I'm planning to do as well Smiley
DugIt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2009, 06:59:12 PM »

Neat! What kind of project were you preposing to do?
medieval
« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:38 AM »

Neat! What kind of project were you preposing to do?
A collab game with sereneworx. That's all I'm telling. Smiley
Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2009, 06:14:14 AM »

• Changed tile type icons to coloured versions to match tile type images displayed within the map.
    • When closing the main frame with a dirty map, it will now ask if you would like to save it. Clicking on cancel will veto the close operation.
    • Fixed bug which would remove dirty status when you select 'New' and then 'No'.
    • Levels can now be dirtied.
    • Added foreground and background image icons. These are toggled when the user selects the 'Paint Background Tile' tool, or 'Paint Foreground Tile' tool.
    • Level screen shot rendering is now fixed and will no longer render incorrectly zoomed images, nor show editor specific images/icons.
    • Fixed potential memory leak when the editor fails to unload the current level. This is caught when the editor closes down now.
    • Added undo and redo for most of the current actions available to the user.
    • Added undo and redo accelerator keys.
    • When the frame closes, it will check if the map is dirty, and if so it will ask if the user wishes to save the map.
    • Tileset palette window can now open a preview window for the current tile set.
    • Added undo and redo toolbar buttons.

Downloads for version 07042009 is available here.[/list]

I like turtles.
    Corpus
    « Reply #248 on: April 07, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »

Really awesome, Snakey! I've been twiddling around in BQEd for a few nights now.

One question: is there any way to set a script's start value, yet?
    Snakey
    Level 2

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #249 on: April 08, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »

One question: is there any way to set a script's start value, yet?
    I know that scripts can have some value attached to them, and from memory that value does different things for different scripts? I can't remember... but I'll add it on my todo list.

I like turtles.
    Corpus
    « Reply #250 on: April 08, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »

Yeah. You use it to specify the orientation of lasers, direction of movement of platforms, which switches link to what etc.

In the in-game editor you set it by holding the object with your mouse and pressing a number, which is a bit fiddly, but with BQEd's selection system it should be a lot easier, user-interaction-wise.
    Snakey
    Level 2

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #251 on: April 09, 2009, 06:45:12 AM »

Here's what I ended up doing. When you double click on a script, or access a script's properties via other means (toolbar, main menu, context menu) a window will pop up like this. This will allow you to edit the position and attributes of the script(s).

I like turtles.
    Corpus
    « Reply #252 on: April 09, 2009, 08:33:12 AM »

Savage.

I finished my first BQ level last night, using your editor Grin I'll post it as soon as I think of a name for it.
    medieval
    « Reply #253 on: April 09, 2009, 08:41:12 AM »

Basing this on my mind's logic, but who knows if I'm wrong:
    BQed will also work for any games built on the BQ engine, am I right?
    Corpus
    « Reply #254 on: April 09, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »

Yup.

It'll be restricted to single-screen games for the time being, though, I guess.
    Snakey
    Level 2

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #255 on: April 09, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »

BQed will also work for any games built on the BQ engine, am I right?
    I think so. That last time I talked to BMcC he did mention if that was going to be the case and I said it would. It's very likely that I will release the source code to BqEd anyways, so people would probably be able to alter BqEd for their particular versions of the Bq engine.

I like turtles.
    Snakey
    Level 2

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #256 on: April 11, 2009, 06:20:08 PM »

• Added undo and redo for script adding.
    • Added undo and redo for script deletion.
    • Updated tile type icons so they are less bland by adding a slight overlay gradient to them.
    • Updated view foreground only and view all icons as these were causing problems when disabled.
    • Level panel will zoom in and zoom out when the user holds Control and uses the Mouse wheel.
    • Added most of the tool bar tools into the main menu.
    • Added accelerator short cut keys for the majority of the program.
    • Widgets will disable themselves if no level has been loaded, or enable themselves when a level has been loaded.
    • Added play level button, which launches Balding's Quest as a synchronous thread. BqEd will become unresponsive until Bq is closed.
    • Added editor path into BqEdPath.
    • When double clicking on a script, a script properties window will appear allowing the user to adjust the properties.

Downloads are located here.

I like turtles.
    Snakey
    Level 2

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #257 on: April 25, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »

Well I think the project is nearing the end of all development really. I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone. A few more features will be added and that's all. Last update scheduled for either next few days or in the end of May.

I like turtles.
    BMcC
    Senior Editor, Hero,
    Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #258 on: April 26, 2009, 09:44:05 AM »

Whoa, incredible.

Hey, um...  I actually added something to the map files.  Two new values per tile: Collision Mask and Mask Rotation.  You could just have them read in and save as 0 0, cuz I'll probably cripple the slope functionality until BQ is done.  But I've already updated all the map files if you need them.

Jotaf
    Level 0

View Profile
    « Reply #259 on: June 13, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm... just wondering... does summertime mean everyone's gonna contribute more or less to BQ?...

(EDIT: BTW BMcC the chicks totally dig your avatar, sorry but I had to steal it for a few days Smiley no hard feelings right? Gentleman )
    Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
    Print
    Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic