Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 09:54:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations3D Artist for theme park simulation game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3D Artist for theme park simulation game  (Read 1141 times)
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:26:19 AM »

Hi!
I'm currently working on a theme park simulation game in the spirit of RollerCoaster Tycoon 1/2, for which I am looking for a 3D artist to collaborate with. You can check the progress so far in my Devlog, but here's a GIF to give you an idea:

Project
Although admittedly it currently looks a bit like it, my goal with this project is not to build a 1:1 RCT-recreation. Since I like RCT a lot though and think it's the best in this genre I'm seeing it as the base on which to expand on. I'd mainly like to add more business simulation elements - stuff inspired by games like The Settlers and Prison Architect, but that's open for debate.
As you can see the project is still in an early stage (started around the end of March). So far I worked on implementing the core features to make sure the project is actually doable and there won't be any major technological roadblocks. So now that I'm sure I'll be able to finish it, I'm looking for a partner.

The scale of the project is fairly flexible, it mostly depends on how many graphics you can create. The minimum required amount is moderatly low, for example it will be fine with only a handful of shops/attractions. Of course, the more you can provide the better it will be, but there's no pressure in the sense of "we NEED another 30 models or the game won't work".

The game is being developed in Unity, so it can potentially run on all of the big platforms. The main target is PC, but I could also see it working on mobile devices or Wii U. If there's any profit, it'll of course be split evenly.

You
You should have some presentable experience with creating 3D art for a game. You don't have to be an expert, but you shouldn't be a beginner either.
I'd love to discuss ideas with you and if you bring in your own ideas, but if you don't want to and only want to create some art I'm fine with that as well.
I don't mind how much or quick you work, as long as you're reliable and there is some continuous progress.
If you have some experience with animation that would be totally awesome, but since it's mostly the guests that need some animations and the rest is procedural it's not a must have.

Art style
I think textureless models without too much detail would work well for this game and should be quick to produce(?), but that's just my idea and you can convince me otherwise.

Me
My name is Sebastian (hi!), I'm 26 years old and live in the PST+9 timezone. I just finished my Master's degree in CS and have experience with working on some bigger projects (mostly non-gaming related, though).
You can contact me by PM or email (see the buttons at the left of this post), or simply reply here and I'll contact you.
Looking forward to hear from you!

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
garret559
Level 0

3D Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »

Hey! I sent you a PM but I have no idea if it reached you or not. This looks really cool! I'd love to work on the art for this

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic