Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:07:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpelunky v1.1 (and Source)!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 228
Print
Author Topic: Spelunky v1.1 (and Source)!  (Read 1538080 times)
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2008, 05:58:51 AM »

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/res/6a0c7d5a-ceea-4d43-81d0-cd5d3bfaa0b1/c2221264f3aa2a89561ae6dbd86649e0.png

This was never going to end well, especially as I had no bombs... Sad

I went the other way to look for some sort of weapon, and he seemed to teleport over there, unless he has a twin on the same map.

When you steal from a shop, all the shopkeepers on every level will go after you, and there will be one waiting for you on the exit of the next level. That must have been it.

I wish I would stop dying in this way.  Concerned

Um, what did you use to record this?
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2008, 06:00:44 AM »

F10? Why F10?
Well, why not? It had to be some key, doesn't really make a difference to me which one is Droop
The F-keys are gimped on some PCs, like the new Dell netbook laptops (where they are missing) and all the new macs (where they are now 'FN' keys, secondary to volume, brightness, etc).

twitter: @docky
Ferretypie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2008, 06:05:52 AM »

Um, what did you use to record this?

I tried various ones, but they all seemedc to make Spelunky crash.

However, I eventually managed to find a program called 'Super Screen Capture' by Zeall Soft and it seems to work just fine.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »

Meh, no luck. I still get really low framerates on the video, even after setting the FPS option to max. Thanks anyway.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2008, 06:23:28 AM »

This suggestion has already been stated by others, but I hate having to press F10 to quit. What's wrong with pressing Esc twice?

Also... why can't I burn the rope on the title screen? I really want to burn that rope!

that rope is the solution to your f10 problem, climbing it is another way to quit the game, and i think it's great, so great that i ask to remove the other quittin' options.

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2008, 08:27:01 AM »

I meant to say, this works pretty nicely for me on the Mac in VMware fusion on best settings. Smiley It works better in fullscreen mode (like this) than windowed mode.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:14:19 AM by dock » Logged

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2008, 08:42:03 AM »

It's disorienting that esc doesn't always work. I've found myself hammering it when the game's telling me I've just died (I think), and nothing happens.

increpare
« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2008, 09:05:08 AM »

is anyone else not seeing dock's screenshots?
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2008, 09:10:45 AM »

Got an error bug for ya.

Turns out if you Climb a ladder and at the very top you get hit by an arrow, the game freezes and the music changes to some weird ass stuff.

Heres a screeny

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2008, 09:33:33 AM »

is anyone else not seeing dock's screenshots?
Yeah sorry about that, now fixed Smiley

edit: Saladan, yeah I had that same bug happen just now. Sad
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:37:49 PM by dock » Logged

Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2008, 10:03:18 AM »

rofl, I just had a boulder crash into a shop. Unfortunately it did not kill the shopkeeper, and I was immediately shot when I went to pickup the goodies.  Apoplectic
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2008, 10:53:18 AM »

rofl, I just had a boulder crash into a shop. Unfortunately it did not kill the shopkeeper, and I was immediately shot when I went to pickup the goodies.  Apoplectic

Shocked

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »

I've got another bug. When I die and want to quit the game I instinctively hit the esc button. BUT, when the money is being counter and the game over text is on the screen and I hit esc it freezes up and I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it. Is anybody else getting this? It's happened to me everytime. It's kinda frustrating  Cry
Devlin
« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »

Hit X. it takes you back to the title screen.

Derek : Is there a new version up yet?
PaleFox
« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »

Here's a bug, but a minor one:

Occasionally bats will spawn outside the screen, but you can still see the tips of their wings as they struggle to enter the area.

It's kind of sad, tbh. End their suffering!
Devlin
« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »

Here's a bug, but a minor one:

Occasionally bats will spawn outside the screen, but you can still see the tips of their wings as they struggle to enter the area.

It's kind of sad, tbh. End their suffering!
Same with golden bugs in dark areas.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »

Some of these may already have been mentioned:
- Once, I brought a damsel to the exit, but she didn't enter it. When I finally left the level, it included her in the treasure, but I didn't get any health.
- When I was carrying a damsel, and I tried to push a block. I got this error message:
Error in End Step event for oPlayer1
Line 3: holdItemType = holdItem.type;
position 30: unknown variable type.
Also, she exploded (I'm not kidding)
- The shop keepers are really trigger-happy. Once I was trying to put the item down, but I must have accidentally thrown it at the shop-keeper. Couldn't you just make them invincible. Dying to them is really unsatisfying.
- I like the ghosts, but I think there needs to be a bit of a warning before it appears. Otherwise, unless you're already next to the exit, you're dead.
- When paying the shortcut guy, it's really tedious to give him money in increments of 100. At the very least, you should be able to just hold the key down.
- When gems pop out of jugs, you can't collect them for a second or so. This had led me to accidentally miss a few of them.

Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2008, 02:44:15 PM »

- When paying the shortcut guy, it's really tedious to give him money in increments of 100. At the very least, you should be able to just hold the key down.

But you can hold the button down?

Also, please don't make the shopkeeper invincible. I must...destroy him... Hand Fork Left Screamy Hand Knife Right
Zaphos
« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2008, 02:49:49 PM »

You can, you just have to hold it down for longer than you'd expect before it really starts going up.  So yeah, some change in the timing might be good.

I have accidentally thrown stuff at the shopkeeper when trying to put it down as well.  Now I'm afraid of doing that, so when possible I put stuff down by pressing P ... which only works when you can't afford it.  So, perhaps some interface tweaking there would be good too?  Unsure what tweaking, exactly.  Putting the price up before you pick up the item would actually help quite a bit (because usually I pick it up just to see the price).
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: December 24, 2008, 02:53:28 PM »

New build:

http://www.derekyu.com/games/spelunky_0_97.rar

The full changes are in the readme.  I made an effort to hide the spoilerish changes, but they are still vaguely hinted at.  You have been warned.

The big improvements in this build:

- Native gamepad support (d-pad only, analog didn't make it in time)
- Key config for keyboard
- Tutorial now replayable from title screen (also no more bombs in Tutorial chest)
- Ghost now gives warning (spooky!), doesn't come in level one and comes a little later
- That "holdItemType" crash is fixed (I couldn't figure out why it was doing that for the longest time, then finally realized that code wasn't even necessary!)
- Shopkeepers shouldn't go ballistic over goods they aren't selling
- Close window button works now
- Can't put ropes into floor or walls anymore
- Can now run by holding down the attack button

And more!  Let me know how the gamepad thing works.  I know people have all different kinds - I'm testing with a Logitech Dual Action.  Not a big gamepad user normally, but it's actually pretty fun!

Hand Metal LeftDurr...?Hand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:57:03 PM by Derek » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 228
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic