Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:18:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpelunky v1.1 (and Source)!
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228
Print
Author Topic: Spelunky v1.1 (and Source)!  (Read 1537924 times)
Blender8man
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »

I've downloaded the game, but when it starts there's no sound (effects, music). I can't think of anything I can do to fix it. Any ideas?

I had that problem and I found some of the sounds/music was not in the Spelunky_1_1 folder.  There should be about 70 or more sound/music files. (I found only 1/2 dozen in the Sound folder.  If you have more than one sound folder, copy all the sound/music files associated with Spelunky into the Sound folder in the Spelunky_1_1 folder which you are running the executable from.
RotateMe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: May 30, 2011, 11:31:25 AM »

Hi, maybe this has been asked before but I really can't go through 300+ pages right now  Roll Eyes

Is it possible to copy the Spelunky stats to a new computer? If so, how?

I have my stats file in the Spelunky folder but it doesn't seem to use it. Also it didn't keep my shortcuts that I bought from the digger (I care less about the shortcuts).

Thanks in advance!
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: May 30, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

It's a little bit complicated, as the data is stored in the registry. Check out this page for information on exporting the data and transferring it to a different computer: http://spelunky.wikia.com/wiki/Portable_Spelunky

Alternatively, you can use Spelunky Portable, a mod which stores all your scores onto a file which can be easily transferred between computers. You will have to import your scores from the registry when you first use it, but after that you won't have to fiddle with the registry ever again. http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

iffi
« Reply #4523 on: May 30, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »

Alternatively, you can use Spelunky Portable, a mod which stores all your scores onto a file which can be easily transferred between computers. You will have to import your scores from the registry when you first use it, but after that you won't have to fiddle with the registry ever again. http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0
Thanks for the link! I always wondered if there was a way to have the scores written to a file instead of the registry, and this mod is great!
L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4524 on: July 10, 2011, 06:03:05 AM »

I used Game Maker for Mac to make a Mac port of Spelunky 1.0.

http://l.j-factor.com/gamemaker/SpelunkyMac.zip

I've been working on this for a little while but it wasn't until the release of the Caster extension this June that I was able to fully replicate the Windows version's behaviour without the use of DLLs.

I had to use the 1.0 source because 1.1 is in Game Maker 8 format, which is not compatable with Game Maker for Mac at the moment. Yes, I tried using LateralGM to down-grade the 1.1 source file, but I ran into a number of problems (for one, the transparent pixels of GM8 sprites are converted to solid black, which would be very tedious to manually fix) and I decided it would be faster to just use 1.0's source.

One small thing: due to a bug in GM for Mac, fullscreen mode doesn't work the same as the Windows version. You only get one size (fill your entire screen) and you can't use F4 to toggle in and out of it without the surface-drawing routines no longer functioning correctly (which is why I had to remove that functionality).

Anyway, I hope it works on your system.
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4525 on: July 15, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »

I've been working on this for a little while but it wasn't until the release of the Caster extension this June that I was able to fully replicate the Windows version's behaviour without the use of DLLs.

I had to use the 1.0 source because 1.1 is in Game Maker 8 format, which is not compatable with Game Maker for Mac at the moment. Yes, I tried using LateralGM to down-grade the 1.1 source file, but I ran into a number of problems (for one, the transparent pixels of GM8 sprites are converted to solid black, which would be very tedious to manually fix) and I decided it would be faster to just use 1.0's source.

One small thing: due to a bug in GM for Mac, fullscreen mode doesn't work the same as the Windows version. You only get one size (fill your entire screen) and you can't use F4 to toggle in and out of it without the surface-drawing routines no longer functioning correctly (which is why I had to remove that functionality).

Cool, thank you for your efforts!

I'm definitely going to try this.

(Caught the news via RPS, by the way.)

zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4526 on: July 15, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »

Is is possible to produce PPC executables?

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: September 20, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »

Awwww YEAH mac port. thank you. thank you. thank you
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: February 19, 2012, 06:22:42 AM »

I really love this game. Spelunky is my favorite game for all times of gaming. Smiley Need to do multiplayer in Windows version!
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: July 12, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »

I like it alot, but there seems to be a strange thing where it runs really slow, and then seemingly random goes to full speed. Whenever I restart it, it is slow. Has this been noticed before?
AlwaysGeeky
Level 0

AlwaysGeeky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4530 on: July 12, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

So amazing. love it to bits!
st33d
« Reply #4531 on: July 13, 2012, 03:26:23 AM »

Awesome. Nice to play this on the mac. Good job with the port.
st33d
« Reply #4532 on: July 13, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »

Okay, someone linked me to a wineskin version of 1.1 for Mac: http://bit.ly/spelunkymac

It works but the wrapper is a bit kooky.

Can someone tell me what was added in the 0.1 without having to re-read the entire thread?
Jammo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: July 13, 2012, 06:58:42 PM »

Fantastic game. Somebody should get Derek's permission to update the PC version to include features of the xbox version.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: July 16, 2012, 05:07:05 AM »

Such permission has already been granted:
http://www.spelunkyworld.com/files/COPYING.txt

Quote from: Spelunky® User License v1.1b
-------------------
3. Rights Granted
-------------------

The rights granted under this license are granted for the duration of
the copyright.

You may modify and redistribute the Game and its Source Code under the following
conditions:

(1) This license and any appropriate copyright notices in the Source Code are
      kept intact.

(2) You may not sell Covered Works.

(3) You must display an appropriate copyright notice somewhere in the beginning
      of all Covered Works and in any documentation accompanying such
      Covered Works.

(4) If you share a modified version of either the Game or its Source Code with
      others, you must not present it as an unmodified, or official, version of
      the Game or the Source code.  Please make it apparent that it is a mod.

By accepting this license you are agreeing not to restrict or prevent Mossmouth
from modifying or adding to Spelunky in any way.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4535 on: July 16, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »

Gotta make that pug sprite.

Nix
« Reply #4536 on: July 16, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »

Such permission has already been granted:
http://www.spelunkyworld.com/files/COPYING.txt

Quote from: Spelunky® User License v1.1b
-------------------
3. Rights Granted
-------------------

The rights granted under this license are granted for the duration of
the copyright.

You may modify and redistribute the Game and its Source Code under the following
conditions:

(1) This license and any appropriate copyright notices in the Source Code are
      kept intact.

(2) You may not sell Covered Works.

(3) You must display an appropriate copyright notice somewhere in the beginning
      of all Covered Works and in any documentation accompanying such
      Covered Works.

(4) If you share a modified version of either the Game or its Source Code with
      others, you must not present it as an unmodified, or official, version of
      the Game or the Source code.  Please make it apparent that it is a mod.

By accepting this license you are agreeing not to restrict or prevent Mossmouth
from modifying or adding to Spelunky in any way.

But Derek still owns the rights to everything he did specifically for XBLA and he hasn't released that under a similar license.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: July 16, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »

Hm, that's true.

But new mechanics, level-themes and generic enemies can't be copyrighted. If someone makes new sprites 'inspired' by the XBLA version it's fine. The thing that could pose a problem is uniquely identifiable characters (if there are any new ones?)

At the same time, I'd say that it's close to impossible that Derek would have a problem with a demake Wink

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Nix
« Reply #4538 on: July 16, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »

I would love a demake or at least a PC release of Spelunky XBLA. I don't see myself getting an Xbox any time soon. Have they said anything about their contract and the likelihood of a PC release?
zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4539 on: July 16, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »

I would love a demake or at least a PC release of Spelunky XBLA. I don't see myself getting an Xbox any time soon. Have they said anything about their contract and the likelihood of a PC release?
I asked in the reddit Q&A, they said they were planning on it, but it wouldn't be this year

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic