Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 08:07:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPuppy Jousting on Android and IPhone!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Puppy Jousting on Android and IPhone!  (Read 832 times)
YellzBellzDotCom
Level 0

YellzBellzDotCom

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2014, 03:24:41 AM »

Hello!
I recently joined the TIGForums and would love to announce the release of my first commercial game Puppy Jousting for Android and the Iphone!

It took me about 2 weeks to write the game in Java, then spent about 2 days porting it to Android before switching to MonkeyX to take advantage of the write once, deploy to mucho routine, which worked great!

I am currently the owner of a plumbing company looking to do game programming full time, someday, as soon as possible! I've been attempting programming for over 15 years, game programming for over 10 years and have used visual basic, java, dark basic, blitzbasic, blitz3d, blitzmax, actionscript, html, php and now MonkeyX and I have hard drives full of prototypes and failed games, a website that I use to host my games, blogs and forums. I've dabbled in every aspect of game developement including modeling with studiomax and blender to graphics with photoshop and gimp.

I would appreciate anyone caring to take the dive! If you would like, I would always love to hear any feedback, input or slapping!

You can see the video at Puppy Jousting on YouTube!

You can get the Android game at the Google Play Store!

You can get the game at the Apple App Store!

Thank you!
 Grin

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 03:43:00 AM »

when I read "puppy jousting" I never imagined they would be so ugly

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
YellzBellzDotCom
Level 0

YellzBellzDotCom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:46:38 AM »

Hahahaha!

I appreciate the input!
Cheesy

Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:38:07 AM »

If anything when I read the name I seriously had a few chuckles. Then when I saw the video I thought the whole concept was hilarious. Even more so considering I was actually expecting puppies jousting not wierd anthropomorphic dogs riding what seem like lionesses lol.

Nonetheless I actually think this game with some polish could actually be a hit. And im talking Angry Birds and Flappy Bird level of hit. I think you got all the right elements and with a name like Puppy Jousting, Id say its pretty memorable.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:48:03 AM by Nu-Type » Logged
YellzBellzDotCom
Level 0

YellzBellzDotCom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »

Big Laff Big Laff Big Laff Big Laff Big Laff Big Laff

I really appreciate you taking a look!

Of course I had to look up "anthropomorphic", I am, after all, just a plumber! It was nice to see the definition wasn't something vulgar or disgusting.

I definitely agree that the game could use some polish. The game was a poor victim of an over excited 42 year old acting like he was 12. In total, the game took me 2 weeks to complete, in off time, late nights etc, including the graphics.

I am trying out a new work flow for my new game and depending on how "polished" this game comes out, I may re-visit Puppy Jousting and apply some of the techniques to it.

I really, really appreciate the feedback, thank you!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic