Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:46:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[JRPG] Light Fairytale series (EDIT: physical release!)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: [JRPG] Light Fairytale series (EDIT: physical release!)  (Read 58702 times)
vigaman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2015, 12:44:18 PM »

Ah cool cool, yeah I'm just giving suggestions. Haha it seems like the trend for good games is to go back to the classics.  Coffee
Moonkis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »

Is the project still active? No updates in a while makes me a bit sad.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2015, 03:12:10 AM »

I'm currently working on Super Night Riders (check out my sig), which will be released around January 2016.

I'll return working on Project Light just after the release of SNR.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »

Hey guys Smiley

Didn't update this thread for a while. 7 months, to be precise Cheesy

As you might know, I've been working on Super Night Riders since 7 months. It is now available on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/444000

I'm still updating SNR, I've also a few ports in the work (currently for Xbox One and Android TV).

Anyway, I've recently restarted working on Project Light as my lead project, which is now called Light Fairytale, by the way Smiley

My current goal is to complete the first 30 minutes of the game, and release a playable demo, probably this month, to have early feedback on every aspect of the game.

I'm also considering crowdfunding. I probably won't ask for much, then again, asking too low might be more trouble than what it's worth. My current target is $50k, which should be enough for working on it fulltime for one year, and purchasing dev-kits and custom assets. What do you think guys? Too much? Not enough?

This is an ambitious project for a one guy studio, but the good news is that it will be episodic. So, I'm expecting to complete episode 1 this year!

Here's a screenshot on what I've been working on today!

click to zoom in

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:01:47 AM by neko.works » Logged

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2016, 08:38:18 AM »

Hey guys Smiley

I've been working on the battle system since a few days. I do have a working prototype, but I will need to make it interesting enough for the demo, though some systems won't be ready, such as Orbs and equipements customization.

The battles are currently turn-based, and the commands are selected before the actions. I think this Wait style for commands input is pretty good for handhelds, as you'll have all the time entering the commands, so no fast reflexes needed or high level of attention, but not for PCs / home consoles.

I'm considering switching to an Active battle system, similar to the PS1 Final Fantasy games, as I think this style is more exciting, and works well on PCs / home consoles which are my main target.

So, what do you prefer guys (and why)? Wait or Active?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:10:44 PM by neko.works » Logged

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »

Hey guys Smiley

I've been working on the first boss battle for the upcoming playable demo. I've designed this battle with a trick, as it was the case with the first boss battles of many Final Fantasy games (4, 6, 7, for instance). Here's a shot bellow.

By the way, did any of you guys got retweeted by @Unity3D on a #madewithunity Friday? I think that I've posted at least 10 times since more than a year, the best result I got was a like Cry

click to zoom in

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:56:04 AM by neko.works » Logged

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2016, 03:01:27 PM »

Pfft, don't sweat it. Your game is gorgeous and will definitely pick up, in terms of views, before you know it! Do you post/tweet frequently on Screenshot Saturdays? I'm excited for the demo and I know others would be, too.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »

Thanks! Yep, I usually post on #screenshotsaturday. Please check out my Twitter:
twitter.com/bakanekofr

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2016, 02:05:33 AM »

Hey guys Smiley

I've completed a first pass of the playable demo, which will be at least 15 minutes long, probably 30 minutes for a first play-through.

I'm currently iterating on the environments, improving both the look and the gameplay. Here's an example with one location, how it looks like now...

... and how it was not so long ago...

Any thought? Wink

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2016, 09:34:33 AM »

Not so hot on that neon...
But I guess it's a nice throwback to Midgar. Smiley

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »

Yep, I'm going for a sci-fi / cyber-punk look for this city, similarly to Midgar in Final Fantasy 7.

The old wooden assets were just place-holders, I'm starting to replace such assets as they don't fit the game.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:12:09 AM by neko.works » Logged

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2016, 09:56:59 AM »

Quick update: Here's a GIF from the same location, the first time you go there.

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2016, 08:36:01 AM »

Does that particular location have a name?

Slap the name of it in the middle of the screen, fading out as the image tilts down.
For testing purposes, homes.

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2016, 12:33:26 PM »

Actually, I have a similar cutscene when you go to the main city the first time (the big buildings you see in the background). But yeah, I will probably do the same here too. Thanks!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2016, 08:10:52 AM »

Hey guys Smiley

I've implemented a new gameplay system: The help goggles.

During the field gameplay, pressing the help button will make the lead player wear AR goggles that displays a few infos, such as input help, NPCs and exits locations, and battle zones.

Battle zones are locations where walking some random duration will trigger a battle. These zones are not visible initially, but after the first battle in each zone, you will be able to see them with the help goggles, along with a completion %.

As you can see, the random encounters are actually limited, so the max level you can get at a specific story moment is limited to the locations you had access to.

When a battle zone is active, you can trigger the next battle immediately with the help button pressed + the interact button. This should make leveling (if needed) less frustrating!

So, what do you think guys about this system?

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2016, 06:17:07 AM »

On demand battle, eh? It *might* work, but it is also a nice way to abuse the system.

Yeah.
TooKindStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2016, 06:23:15 AM »

Good luck for your game! It looks very good, so I'm hoping you will get through with it! I'm sending you all my encouragements! Smiley

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »

@eyeliner: The game's mechanics are really just at a prototype level currently, I'm still experimenting, and a lot of testing / feedback is required. Hopefully I'll have some from the coming soon playable demo.

@TooKindStudio: Thanks! I've also noticed your game Pankapu when it was on the Square-Enix Collective Smiley I'm also planning to go through the Collective, probably next month, in preparation for a KickStarter eventually!

Bluebutton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »

Looking very good. What I really like is that you seem to have quite a strong vision and direction on where this is going. Can't wait to play it.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2016, 03:44:41 AM »

Thanks! Yep, I've been planning this game for years... even before my first game, the original Night Riders. I hope I'll release it soon!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic