Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:39:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[JRPG] Light Fairytale series (EDIT: physical release!)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: [JRPG] Light Fairytale series (EDIT: physical release!)  (Read 57529 times)
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »

Hey guys, long time no see Wink

I've been working on the main illustration of Light Fairytale recently and need advice Smiley

Which one of these two do you prefer?

The top is the old one. The illustration is a painting I did myself, and don't quite like it.

The new one is at the bottom. The illustration is from the Theme-song Anime and I think that it look beautiful and much more professional. I've also updated the title logo a little.

What do you think guys? Wink

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2018, 02:15:05 AM »

Is the light mask a foreboding symbol of sorts? I prefer the logo of the first. The bubbles and cut out I are hard to notice, and the petals in the second i are out of place.

Try to make her eyes look ahead towards the future instead of having that "oh so cliché anime melancholy" look for a try.

Despite the first one having weird art, the second one is just too generic.

Way too much blue saturation
The character seems to be in a funeral with those downed eyes.

I'd make her look a bit more serious, with a bit more resolve, if you will.

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2018, 06:17:03 AM »

@eyeliner:

Actually that's not bubbles but particles of light that looks like fireflies Sad and not petals but fairy wings Sad
I did the logo myself, and it shows Cheesy I'm currently looking for someone to make a new, more pro-like logo...

The second artwork is just one frame from the theme-song Anime - that looks great, but as you said it might not be enough for a main promo banner. I definitely need a new artwork Tongue

EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2018, 06:42:47 AM »

This game looks really cool!
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2018, 07:00:45 AM »

@eyeliner:

Actually that's not bubbles but particles of light that looks like fireflies Sad and not petals but fairy wings Sad
I did the logo myself, and it shows Cheesy I'm currently looking for someone to make a new, more pro-like logo...

The second artwork is just one frame from the theme-song Anime - that looks great, but as you said it might not be enough for a main promo banner. I definitely need a new artwork Tongue
The offputting thing here is that it's a bit generic. I (personally) like to see artwork that immediately tells me what am I looking at. Like it is, it's just a composition for anything. There's no backdrop, no life... You know what I mean?

Let's see an example of another anime-ish game:

It's extremely close to yours (or the other way around), but there's a story there. The main character is already being established, you know something about her right there. It's her story and she wields magic. Maybe she's bad, considering she has red and black magic in her hand. Let's not talk about her running around in skimpy clothing...

Your character just doesn't emanate any emotion. She's asleep, maybe in stasis?

Or maybe I'm just seeing too much...

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2018, 09:16:59 AM »

@EnderLost Studios: Thanks Wink

@eyeliner: That's a good point. I think I will commission a new custom artwork with another composition. I will also commission a new logo - as the one I made really feels amateurish Facepalm

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2018, 06:04:52 AM »

No, the first logo is just fine. Nice and simple, though I am a sucker for simplicity.

Yeah.
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2018, 05:57:07 AM »

The white would definitely stand out. Keep Steam's image sizes / pixel ratios in mind. I liked the simplicity of the first logo, too. Less is more. The balance between image and text in #1 is great. A coloration of image #2 in the vein of #1 would work.

Edit: I just saw you have a Steam page, d'oh!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:10:22 AM by Zorg » Logged
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2018, 06:37:51 AM »

@eyeliner: Well, I've already ordered the new logo Cheesy Though I'm sure that the artist I've commissioned will do an awesome job Smiley

@Zorg: Thanks for the preview! This is actually very similar to what is currently live on Steam. Check the image bellow.

I've not yet ordered the new illustration, but my plan is to go for something that fade to white, just like #1. If this new illustration is too detailed and complex, I might still use #1 for the small preview Wink

TebiFestival
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2018, 01:34:50 PM »

This game looks really good, it's been a while since I played a game like this or an anime-like game for that matter, will be waiting for the Episode 1 release in steam!

Was looking at the gameplay trailer and the combat in/out transition is really good, I like how it keeps you in the scene without breaking the immersion. Also I noticed you have the trailers at the end in steam, is this in purpose?

Finally, for some reason the gameplay look reminds me of the PS2 Full Metal Alchemist games, and that is a good thing for me

Caiam Piter and the Mushroom Kingdom TIGSource DevBlog || Twitter || Facebook
AlcyonGames
Level 0

Games for Gamers by Gamers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2018, 02:38:48 PM »

The animation looks really professional!

Nice job
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2018, 03:31:00 PM »

Thanks guys Wink

... I noticed you have the trailers at the end in steam, is this in purpose?

Yep. I'm updating the screenshots more often than the videos, which are a bit outdated now.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: June 28, 2018, 05:51:38 AM »

Hey guys Wink

Here's the new logo...

... and here's how it looks like on the main menu - this is the last part of the loop.

I've decided to use the Anime design for the main menu - mostly because it is animated, but will use a different - custom illustration for the main promotion art, not yet ordered.

Any thoughts? Smiley

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: June 28, 2018, 08:00:35 AM »

late to the party here but sheesh this looks fantatsic  Hand Money Right

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2018, 01:43:54 AM »

Could you just make the bubbles a more blueish and more transparent?

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2018, 07:13:57 AM »

@jamesprimate: Thanks Smiley

@eyeliner: I'll give it a try Wink

New gameplay video showcasing a minigame:

MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 03, 2018, 03:35:51 AM »

I like that, nice neat little twist on the classic JRPG stealth section. Simplifying it to an A/B press prevents it being hacky like, for example, Lost Odyssey's hideous stealth bit.

Obviously we're not shown it here, but for the sake of your players don't make them watch the whole stealth area introduction again if they fail. Just a quick reiteration of the 'Press A or B to move, pay attention to the guard's movements' box is plenty.

Game keeps looking awesome  Epileptic

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: July 03, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »

Thanks!

Actually, the dialogue is completely skipped when retrying the mini-game after getting caught. No need to repeat a tutorial for something as basic as this!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:07:42 PM by neko.works » Logged

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2018, 04:08:40 AM »

Hey guys Smiley

Here's a couple new screenshots...

... and here's a sneak peak of the new main artwork I've commissioned - here used in the built-in instruction manual cover.

Any thoughts? Wink

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »

Looks definitely good.
The manual cover made me remember the Master System manuals.

Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic