Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:36:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDwarfs, Gold, Skeletons and Dragons, Goldbeard has it all
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dwarfs, Gold, Skeletons and Dragons, Goldbeard has it all  (Read 641 times)
DuckedAgain
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2014, 08:24:54 AM »

Hello everybody,

Our little group of developers, PunchScreen Games, has just released the app version of our first game on the play store. It is completely free so please give it a quick look see and we hope you enjoy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.punchscreen.goldbeard

When the Queen of the Dwarven kingdom discovers that the Dwarf Kings’ huge party has spent every last coin and drank every last drop of ale she goes to the one dwarf she knows she can trust, Goldbeard. Can he negotiate his way through the dwarven dungeon and fill his magic sack with gold and ale, saving the day for his Queen and the entire Dwarven kingdom!

It is up to you to help Goldbeard navigate the 40 halls of the dungeon, each more deadly then the last. Open the doors to travel deeper into the dungeon all the while collecting as much treasure and ale as you can carry. Be wary though, as Goldbeard can only see within the limits of his torchlight and many pitfalls can befall the unaware.

Features

Platformer game with 40 halls to explore – Timing and judgement is everything and Goldbeard carries no weapons with him on his journey. He must rely on speed, agility and cunning to survive.

Encroaching Darkness - Goldbeard’s torch can only keep the cavernous halls of the dungeon illuminated for so long. If the onscreen timer runs out, darkness descends and you will have to restart the level.

Locked Dungeon Doors - Doors are opened by dropping Ruined Blocks onto Pressure Switches.
Treasure and Ale - Do not forget your purpose in the dungeon is to get enough coin and ale to keep the kings party going long into the year…

Ancient Skeletons - The ancient remains of Dwarves long since passed, doomed to roam the dungeon for all eternity.

The Dragon - Nobody has ventured into the deepest hall of the dwarf’s dungeon in eons but the old stories say it is now the lair of the Dragon, and once the journey through the halls begins it is the only way out.

All original artwork and music – Created by the team at Punchscreen Games.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:08:50 AM by DuckedAgain » Logged
Ronsho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »

I'm enjoying it, the visuals and atmospheric sounds are really nice.  I wish you would vary the jumping sound, though, even if slightly in pitch.  Also it seems to kill you somewhat randomly—oh, I just realized level 7 has an insanely short timer.  So this is where I'm giving up, but it had a nice look and feel, and the opening cut scene was well done and amusing.  The jump felt a bit wobbly, not too smooth, but otherwise the movement felt solid.  There were mostly pretty standard videogame elements and I didn't feel like I had to think much about how things interacted, such as how to get the block to land on the trigger.  Maybe there are more puzzle-like elements after level 7, but it felt like the game traveled through mostly well-worn territory.  It would be nice to see more variation on the standard spikes and falling things and item collection. 
DuckedAgain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it. I will have a look at the times for the levels to make sure we havent made some of them unplayable
DuckedAgain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 06:05:32 AM »

Put together a short trailer just to give you an idea what the game looks like.

Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:48:47 AM »

Just played through the game and didn't notice any time issues, though you may have put up a new version since Ronsho posted.  The game is quite bare bones, but is certainly functionally playable.

DuckedAgain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »

Just played through the game and didn't notice any time issues, though you may have put up a new version since Ronsho posted.  The game is quite bare bones, but is certainly functionally playable.

We hope you enjoyed playing it,and your point about it being bare boned is fair. As it was our first project together we want to keep it simple, functional and enjoyable.
It is still the same version as Ronsho played, we were thinking of increasing the level times in places but felt as it is bare boned we would leave a little time pressure in the game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic