Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:04:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJotun, a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Jotun, a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology  (Read 13247 times)
will72
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »

Thanks to your feedback and support we're finally on Kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682108903/jotun

Check it out and tell us what you think! We'd also love to hear of any marketing ideas you may have, no matter how crazy they may seem!

Wish us luck and thanks for being such an awesome community!  Toast Left Grin Toast Right
will72
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »

Hey everyone!

Here is a piece on how Alex hand-animates all of our sprites!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682108903/jotun/posts/926950

What is your animation process/pipeline like?

Coffee
PicklesIIDX
Level 0

Follow your heart!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2014, 07:47:38 AM »

Freaking nailed that kickstarter. The music, the visuals, and the way you present yourself and your vision are great. Congrats on putting that together, and also in getting so far so soon. Keep that train running; if you do, I'm sure you all will get overfunded :D

There's a lot of great stuff here, so it's hard to give feedback, but in the walk cycles, I don't feel the axe's weight. There is a bit of a bob on that axe...but this is an axe that is taking down titans. It's an axe worthy of a Norse Warrior! Only Thora's strength should be barely enough to wield such power. If I'm playing a character capable of taking down mountains with raw power, then I want each step I take to shake the earth!

Of course, that's the vibe I get from Thora. The wanderer's animations in Shadow of the Colossus were wiry, because that's who he was.

will72
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 06:06:12 AM »

If I'm playing a character capable of taking down mountains with raw power, then I want each step I take to shake the earth!

!!! That's such a perfect way of putting it into words! Very good point.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic