Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:10:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPXL, FREE MAC DPAINT-LIKE, v0.9
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PXL, FREE MAC DPAINT-LIKE, v0.9  (Read 17466 times)
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »

so did anyone use this to make some PXLS yet? Wink
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 05:00:06 AM »

i have a version 0.85!

- which fixes known crash bugsssssss (eg small custom brushes)
- the recent files menu works properly
- layer hiding works properly

if anyone is keen... mac only im afraid. building for pc involves opening my computer and removing a PCI card Sad  and then it doesn't work for most people!

PXL v0.85 for OSX

a friend of mine is using it for his new project which makes me happy!
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »

Get a Windows version yo!
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 04:08:37 AM »

i decided not to support windows as i dont have easy way to build it, and also there are many good progs on windows, such as Pro Motion / Graphics Gale, wheras on mac theres almost nothing...
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 10:58:58 AM »

finally got round to update this

PXLv0.9.zip

v0.90

- fixes random crash bug with small brushes.
- removes 'Pattern' mode which used to crash and didn't do anything.
- fixed recall of Recent Files.
- remembers the last folder you were working in.
- no longer overwrites tiling settings when adding another layer from a different file. combines any animations.
- fixed a bug where animations could be loaded twice, leading to long animation lists
- added a 'Show this layer only' by shift-double clickin the layer box right side. it hides all other layers.
- you can also hold control+shift and double click to 'Show this layer and the background layer'. useful for working on several costumes for a sprite for example.
- made the layer name edit area smaller and the layer visibility click area larger.
- fixed 'Ranged' palette mode so that the darkest colour is not replaced with the background colour, and left-clicking on the colour 0 (usually transparent) now produces the lowest colour in the range of the selected colour, unless the BG is set to solid (no checkers.) right clicking the background colour in range mode now has no effect. the idea is to paint the lowest colour of a range on the background colour, then manipulate the colour block within the range, optionally with the background then masked off using the 'solid' button. kind of hard to explain but give it a try with the built-in grey range in Range mode.
- made file requester sort files + directories by name.
- made file requester highlight .PXL files in blue.
- made animations sorted by name (on load at least.)
- fixed an issue which made it take ages to load on newer macs.

just some issues i've run into through extended use. i'm using it to work on a game for a few years now and i'm mostly happy with what it can do. also turns out it's also really good for glitch art with combo of blend modes, custom brush and realtime palettising.

(not good art, but this was done in 15s, to show the kind of thing it does)

if you have any questions please holler.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:31:35 PM by PRDXCL » Logged
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2019, 06:01:36 AM »

just updated with one bugfix, exporting multiple layers was sometimes leading to layers being merged. same link as previous post
Nova
Level 0

Redhead, Metalhead, Headyhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2019, 06:22:49 AM »

Cool that you came back to it after so long and updated it. Is the new version for windows as well?

Graphic Designer @ Logic Artists
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2019, 01:29:33 AM »

@Nova

thx! i updated it because even tho i'm probably the only person using it, its pretty tiring if it crashes and its your fault haha. seeming much more stable now and my workflow improved. doing animation work with multiple altarnate layers is much nicer in this build. also file handling is better! i've saved 15-20 minutes each day theough not having to faff with getting the right layers visible, 100x faster load times and recall of last working folder.

down the line id like to put in:

rotation of brush 90deg / maybe even arbitrary / series of rotations?
animation export to csv?
a tile test page, where u can lay out tiles and see if you liek the way they tile, maybe a switcheble palette on the main screen?

no windows build i'm afraid. i could try building on my W7 computer but i think last time a lot of people couldnt get it to run

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic