Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:36:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGlyphseeker (flame burst & bubble shield)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Glyphseeker (flame burst & bubble shield)  (Read 5744 times)
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »

I'd think about making your vertical dead zone for scrolling much smaller, and rework your vertical framing. In all the gifs you've posted, any jump to a platform below you is a "leap of faith" -- it's impossible to see what's below you to land on.

@doomlaser, mark johns
castled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »

I'd think about making your vertical dead zone for scrolling much smaller, and rework your vertical framing. In all the gifs you've posted, any jump to a platform below you is a "leap of faith" -- it's impossible to see what's below you to land on.

Thanks for the feedback! Can you check out the

though? The gifs are only showing a small portion of the game screen -- otherwise the filesize would be huge. But maybe I should revisit the framing anyway, let me know what you think.

One thing I certainly need the add is the ability to look down further manually, for moments like the 10s mark in the video where there's a large cliff.

noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 07:48:59 PM »

Colors are very juicy and I love the troll. His feet are unparalleled

castled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »

Colors are very juicy and I love the troll. His feet are unparalleled

Thank you! I think his feet were sort of a cop-out, so I'm glad it's funny. It's always easier to do walking animations when the legs are under robes / grass skirts.

Here's a new video that shows these new things:
- sound effects! (not all sounds are final)
- flame, bubble, and double jump spells
- additional combat effects
- flail troll enemy

castled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »

Wow, it's been a long time since updating here! It's mostly because I haven't been working on cool discrete features like new spells or enemies. Instead, I've been working on the menus, leveling/upgrade system, level goals, and various bits of polish.

But, after looking back on the old videos, I'm happy to see it appears much improved. Here's a new gameplay video:

(eh, this looks a bit weird since youtube isn't showing the small video anymore which happened to scale things crisply. If you watch the video at 720 everything should be crisp.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:36:30 PM by castled » Logged

ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »

I really like the style and what the game is about!
Blood ? Hmmm... What I personally think is that blood is overused these days and if I were you, I wouldn't do that.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic