Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:46:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsClive 'N' Wrench - 3D Action Platformer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Clive 'N' Wrench - 3D Action Platformer  (Read 20796 times)
_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:01 AM »

I love the hole for the backpack in the cape.

wtf tho
windows and linux and wii u but not mac
wtf r u doin
pls fix

The skeletons look a bit floaty (lack of sound effect when their feet hit the ground, too? – I think that would help) but otherwise it looks great.

Savick, you should look at the video. I found it slightly generic just from pictures too, but in motion, with the fitting sounds and music, it's so very different. Really nice.

The flower is really hard to notice before the skeleton suddenly appears, btw. Even knowing they had a flower on their head and guessing it would stick out of the ground, I had to pause the video to actually see them. Maybe you should make the flowers bigger, or make them rumble a bit before the skeleton jumps out. Or both.
Smiley
The platforms are simply due to the fact I don't currently have a Mac with which to test it on, it's definitely a platform I'm aiming for, but I wouldn't want to over-promise!

The skeletons do now have footsteps, so thank you for catching that!

That's a fair point about the flower, I will have to look into that, thanks! Glad you're liking it so far though!

In other news, I'm considering the next video I do to be a voiced over devlog, explaining specific changes and cutting in relevant clips; is that something any of you guys would be interested in?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:59:24 PM by _Rob_ » Logged

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 06:28:32 AM »

New video time, a voiced-over devlog (development log) commenting and showcasing a bunch of stuff I've been working on the past couple of weeks! It's easier to explain a lot of this stuff in a video as opposed to a wall of text!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:18:46 PM by _Rob_ » Logged

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »

Clive's now up on Steam Greenlight so please vote away!

For those who don't know, this is a process that allows the large community of Steam users vote on which games they want available on the service it's be a great help if you could add your vote and get Clive some virtual shelf space!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357164010

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »

It's finally time! (see what I did there...)

As promised, here is the first playable alpha demo for Clive!

http://-rob-.itch.io/clive-the-stones-of-the-ancient-bunnies

Notes -

The game is in alpha, which means there are bugs and glitches galore, we are aware of many of them, but please feel free to let us know of any you find.

The HUD only works correctly and 720p (1280x720), the game will run in other resolutions but may not function correctly.

The setting "Ideal" has higher resolution textures and dynamic shadows, if these cause slowdown and frame drops please run it in "fast".

Only controllers are supported at the moment, this will not work with a Keyboard! (Although keyboard support will be available in the final game).

Have Fun!

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 03:51:40 AM »

So with the run up to our Kickstarter, we're considering a slight rebrand. When I first started Clive he was a lone bunny on a mission, so that became the name. Now we're much further down the road, and know exactly what the game is, it only makes sense that Wrench becomes a titular characters as well, thus the logo below was born.

I'd love to hear what you guys think of both the logo and the slight title change!

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »

You know what? After seeing the in-game footage it really reminded me of this game called Bugs Bunny Lost in Time on Playstation!

The pics you're posting are generally over-sized for this forum btw. Smiley

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »

Yeah I love that game, very much part of my inspiration. Yeah I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess I should shrink down the pics in future.

Also odd that you'd mention playstation, as I created this for a laugh earlier today!

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 12:50:07 PM »

Ahah funny that wouldn't be the first creepy circumstances of the day for me :D

To be honest I could never finish the game, was too hard and a trifle repetitive. Furthermore there was something a bit spooky that was setting in in the game after a while. I remember the level design was quite empty at that time, that didn't help.

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »

Exciting stuff, our Kickstarter just launched! Plenty of extra info on the game plus a spanking new trailer, playable demo and a bunch of cool rewards!

Read more on the game and back us here -

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 09:24:28 AM »

Been a busy week! But CnW will now be playable racers in the awesome Super Indie Karts!

I've also been working on level concepts including names, logo's and clothing artwork.

Join Clive 'n' Wrench in their journey to London in the year 1888! This world see's our daring pair venture into the heart of the foggy city in the dead of night. Solve the case of Roo the Ripper, a Kangaroo with a reputation for tearing up newspapers and as a result stop the flow of news!

Mechanically speaking there are a couple of unique elements to this level. The first of which makes use of light and dark. Wrench carries a Lantern which allows you to illuminate the foggy alleys and sewers that make up London's landscape. However the mutant GrassCoppers also carry lanterns, so be sure to stay out of their line of sight, or else!

The second of these elements are the underground sewers. These contain some rather unfriendly residents but allow alternate routes throughout the city, will you be taking your chances!?

Featuring various London landmarks and plenty of nods to real historical events The Great Wen is sure to offer a unique experience for our daring pair!

And that about wraps it up for The Great Wen, there's a ton more in the pipeline, but you'll have to wait for that!

And finally some concept art for our Ancient Egyptian themed level Tempus Tomb!

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 10:52:49 AM »

A quick video showing how the hub world's music will be structured. In brief each unlockable section will be themed to the time zone it contains due to the leaking effect of time travel.

There is a central hub theme which dynamically transitions to 10 era-themed variants as Clive 'n' Wrench pass into different zones.

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »

Here's the first proper shot of our Victorian London level, probably the most atmospheric one yet!

MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 09:03:25 AM »

Looking more and more awesome everytime I drop by!

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 02:04:04 PM »

Glad you think so!

Here's Maudlin Molloy's Pub. They have a bit of a rat problem, but I get the feeling it won't last!

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 12:37:11 PM »

Been working some more on our Victorian London level, getting there with the atmosphere now too!  My Word!

Oh and to go with their thematic costumes is a replacement to Wrench's banana leaf!

And here's a couple more shots of London's sewer system.

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2015, 11:24:26 PM »

It's been far too long!

So with the amazing help (and artwork) of the talented Luigi Lucarelli, Clive and Wrench are now looking cuter than ever!

With this change of course comes updated in-game models! As it turns out, my skills have much improved since I first modelled Clive back in the day, and as such this new model (even with the fur shader) actually weights less than the old one if you can believe it!

Of course to follow soon will be Wrech's new model as well.

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2015, 08:42:42 AM »

Progress continues with Clive and Wrench's furry new looks, about 70% of the animation is now done! Luckily I was able to base a lot of it off of their old looks (thanks to 3DS max's biped system).

I've been studying a lot of Pixar animation, in an effort to bring more life into the characters and find the balance between realistic and cartoony. Focusing especially on subtle eye movements.

Animation test video here!

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 06:11:48 AM »

Update time, showing off the finished new models for Clive and Wrench, some new fur and grass shaders, dynamic body parts and even some tweaked character controls!

jiitype
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 06:21:20 AM »

Nice, really like those new furry models, a big leap from the old ones!
_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2015, 12:36:24 AM »

Glad you think so!

Here's a few more screens of the latest level "Middle Age Crisis". Clive's armour has low res cubemaps of each room, and so appears to properly reflect. Plus I'm really focusing on getting things like reverb, lighting and particles to help the atmosphere!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic