Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:50:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs♜ Kingdom ♜
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: ♜ Kingdom ♜  (Read 80233 times)
noio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2015, 08:36:06 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad your expectations are close to what we're aiming for! That's reassuring!

Things I would like to see:
[CHECK!] additional buildings and professions, even some type of tech/building tree might be cool
[CHECK!] either some context (campaign/story) OR more procedurally generated world
[hmm interesting! location is still the only condition...] more things the coins (and lack of them) can do - depending not just on location but situation/context/time of day/year/economy/people present etc.
[we thought about it but this is a tricky one! wood would be an obvious candidate though.] other resources which would NOT be usable by the main character. in other words: economy should become more complex, but you still only influence it by collecting and throwing coins

Things I would NOT like to see:
[what about galloping? https://twitter.com/noionl/status/612000040211599360] any additional direct action of the main character beside tossing of coins
[indeed! We always joke about adding an RTS interface to decide on building placement heh] any kind of "menu" or similar with which you would directly choose what to do with coins.
[i'm afraid a little bit of this has happened. Adding more just for the sake of more] just adding tons of new enemies, weapons, defences and allies without making other aspects of the game more complex

I don't know why I prepended my replies haha Smiley

Check out twitter @noionl for regular updates
jovan.vesic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2015, 11:12:46 AM »

woohoo!

and galloping is fine with me :D (and looking good btw!)

site  |  devlog  |  twitter  |  facebook | indieDB
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2015, 08:19:02 AM »

Do you use Unity Pro for the technique of rendering the game view to a texture and zoom afterwards to create "true" pixels? It looks like Render Texture and Post-Processing Effects are free in the newest version. Smiley
noio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2015, 08:24:59 AM »

Do you use Unity Pro for the technique of rendering the game view to a texture and zoom afterwards to create "true" pixels? It looks like Render Texture and Post-Processing Effects are free in the newest version. Smiley

You said it! Smiley

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »

So, do you use Unity Pro? Is it possible to recreate your game in Unity 5 Free, theoretically?
Edit: I did not look at the features comparison table on the next page...

I read some tutorials which tried to combine Unity's physics and pixel perfection through pretty complicated workarounds. Render Texture seems to be a good solution for this issue.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:55:32 AM by zorg » Logged
noio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2015, 08:38:41 AM »

So, do you use Unity Pro? Is it possible to recreate your game in Unity 5 Free, theoretically?

There is no longer a feature difference between Unity Personal (free) and Professional. When you pay for a professional license, you get more meta/workflow tools.

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:19 AM »

Oh my God can I have this please?! This looks so dope! I can envision myself playing this on my Vita especially. Love the aesthetic and the vision behind this.  Beer!

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »

Thanks to your Render Texture input i was able to create this: http://zachau.info/krams/unity/rendertexturetest-u5/ Pixel perfect zoom in combination with Unity Physics in only a few lines of code. (Automatic zoom calculation depending on window size not implemented, yet. Box colliders are not optimized.)

Thanks a lot! Beer!
noio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2015, 05:46:31 AM »

Thanks to your Render Texture input i was able to create this: http://zachau.info/krams/unity/rendertexturetest-u5/
Thanks a lot! Beer!
Hey, good work! Page one has some info on how we scale the view depending on monitor size. But it basically comes down to setting the camera's zoom level depending on the screen resolution.

This is the actual code that we use for that.

lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2015, 02:08:56 PM »

I've seen your game twice at gamescom today. Once in the restricted area and once in the public area. Players seemed to enjoy it! I just watched for 5 minutes which is more time then i spend on many AAA games. Grats on that kind of visibility! Hope gamescom is a success for you! Wink

SunWuKong
Level 5

Help me, help you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2015, 04:00:42 PM »

Just wanted to drop in my support and congratulations for the new and upgraded version you are working on. Played the first one quite a bit so looking forward to this new one.

Do what you need to do and MAKE YOUR MAGIC!!

Best of luck!

-Tim

noio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2015, 03:06:00 AM »

Here's a little interview during PAX on Twitch.

Actionman
Level 0

ermm...

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2015, 02:53:01 AM »

Just saw a video of GenerikB on YouTube playing Kingdom, game looks amazing can't wait to pick up a copy myself.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2015, 05:05:38 AM »

Here's a little interview during PAX on Twitch.

You did pretty well on the interview.
PS: That chick is gorgeous

Biv
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »

This game looks great (Thank IGN for showcasing it) but I don't know much where I can get it.  Will it be available for console?  Kindle Fire?

Orrrrrrr....I have a lame laptop that might be able to run it...but I hate Steam.  Is there another way to get it?

Thanks!!!
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2015, 06:40:41 PM »

This game looks great (Thank IGN for showcasing it) but I don't know much where I can get it.  Will it be available for console?  Kindle Fire?

Orrrrrrr....I have a lame laptop that might be able to run it...but I hate Steam.  Is there another way to get it?

Thanks!!!
I'm curious as to why noio hasn't said on here that you can pre-order Kingdom on Steam right now.
I bought it last week when he tweeted it out. Though I would think people here would like to know too.

Comes out tomorrow (Wednesday)!

Neuneu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2015, 04:07:51 AM »

hey all,

Congratulations Noio,  your game is really great,  i bought it just yesterday...

it's my second try at this time and i'm experimenting a strange thing.   

beyond a point ( both sides ) my character refuse to go forward,  and it's not so far from my main camp.  I don't know why,  i didn't see any portals,  nor shrine.   

So i'm stucked in wood age and worried for the rest of my game.

can someone had already this too ?   did i miss something ?

Neuneu
travisofarabia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2015, 04:28:27 AM »

Congrats on the release! I saw this on the front page of IGN for what thats worth!
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:08 AM »

hey all,

Congratulations Noio,  your game is really great,  i bought it just yesterday...

it's my second try at this time and i'm experimenting a strange thing.   

beyond a point ( both sides ) my character refuse to go forward,  and it's not so far from my main camp.  I don't know why,  i didn't see any portals,  nor shrine.   

So i'm stucked in wood age and worried for the rest of my game.

can someone had already this too ?   did i miss something ?

Neuneu
You have a limited range when you first start. Some "natural" obstructions occur for the first few days. Incrementally they open up, and you can travel more and more as the game progresses.

Btw, apparently we're supposed to be able to last 100 days (according to achievement list). Got to 32. Holy cow is it stressful! Super rewarding though, I'm hooked ^_^

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2015, 06:21:43 AM »

It seems to be selling like mad! Front page on steam and all. Congrats on that! Gonna pick it up myself, too.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic