Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:46:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Winter Child [VIDEO]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Child [VIDEO]  (Read 6415 times)
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »

Thanks! By the way, I love the look and idea of Script Kiddies. I'll be sure to check out the demo later.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »

I paused work on this for a bit while I came up with something for the Nar8 jam (Memoriam - a text-heavy game about a bohemian Victorian girl which I now think is unlikely to appeal to anyone who is not themselves a bohemian Victorian girl). Also, we managed to get Spirits of Xanadu greenlit which was kind of exciting!

Anyway, I'm back on The Winter Child now and experimenting with some 'woodcuts' for the book pages. This is the sort of thing I have so far but I'm not certain how well it works.

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 11:03:01 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am the aforementioned Benjamin Belinska - just thought I'd share some of the music I'm writing for this game...

https://soundcloud.com/belinska/the-winter-child-titles

https://soundcloud.com/belinska/the-winter-child-ambient-1

There is a gentle side to being godly after all.

- b

Just listened to this Benjamin and it is super chill I like it. @Panurge thanks for looking at the game I hope it turns out well!

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 12:41:01 PM »

@NinthPower - I downloaded the demo of Script Kiddies but couldn't figure out the controls. It seemed that I couldn't open the settings menu and when I tried the multiplayer, only the A key did anything (jump). Am I missing something obvious?

I've finished all the curses for The Winter Child and it's something of a relief, after describing every horrible thing you might wish on somebody, to move on to blessings. Here's a nice one:

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »

When the rooster crows, everything must be put back the way it was:

Each level of the game is supposed to be 12 nights after the previous level and I'm trying to think of a way to suggest a long period of time passing between levels without actually boring the player. At the moment it seems a bit too hectic. Suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.

DrabWeb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »

I love that art style! Very nice
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:55 PM »

Thanks! I think my art skills are gradually improving but I have to admit that I go for a minimalist approach mostly because it hides my shortcomings. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:44:54 AM by Panurge » Logged

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 08:20:23 AM »

When the rooster crows, everything must be put back the way it was:

Each level of the game is supposed to be 12 nights after the previous level and I'm trying to think of a way to suggest a long period of time passing between levels without actually boring the player. At the moment it seems a bit too hectic. Suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.

Do you have a build soon? I'd love to give some feedback!

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 12:49:45 AM »

Yep, I can get a decent playable build ready in the next few days and I'd love some feedback. I'll PM you a link if that's okay. All the basic gameplay is in so it would be the first few levels more or less complete. Thanks!

If anyone else is interested in trying it out and giving a bit of feedback then please let me know.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 05:57:44 AM »

Worked on this on and off through the summer and I'm on the home stretch now. Hopefully it will done within the next couple of months, depending on how much time I get in between other things.

There's now a gameplay video up here:

It gives a pretty good idea of how the game will work.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic