Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:14:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAragami
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Aragami  (Read 37941 times)
xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:36 PM »

You are Aragami, undead warrior with the power to control the shadows. Summoned by a mysterious girl trapped in an occupied city, Aragami must engage in a dark journey to free Yamiko from her prison. As Aragami, you have the power of 'Shadow Control'. As you advance you will need to sneak past guards, teleport between shadows, create your own areas of darkness and strategically assassinate your targets.

Aragami is a 3rd person Stealth Game that combines the essence of stealth classics like the Tenchu series with the modern approach of recent gems like Mark of the Ninja and Dishonored. We envision Aragami as the lost child between Tenchu and Portal. You must plan ahead, survey your environment, make a tactical use of your shadows (your dark portals), and use them to assassinate your enemies from unsuspecting angles.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:57:04 PM by xdavidleon » Logged

oleomingus
Level 1

Oleomingus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »

Th game looks wonderful, especially the art ! Though wasn't this game called path of shadows before ?

xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »

Th game looks wonderful, especially the art ! Though wasn't this game called path of shadows before ?

Thank you. Path of Shadows will stay as a free student project. We are evolving the game concept into a full length commercial game with Twin Souls.

EverydayDreamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »

Love the look, great sense of style. Prompts Journey, Spawn and Assassin's Creed to varying degrees lol

xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »

Update 2 - 2014/05/25

The Kickstarter campaign for Twin Souls is planned for the 12th of June. That's a really difficult month, with all game news sites covering the E3 (9th-12th) and the Steam Summer Sale probably happening in late June/July; but if we get closer to August then people is out on vacations and the KS could probably fail, so it's a rough choice. For the moment we'll stick to June, and if something goes wrong we'll try to launch before August.

To help plan for the next few weeks we made some space at the office and built a post-it planning board following SCRUM Agile methodologies. At the moment it has helped tremendously for organizing the team and knowing what's everybody doing.

About the Kickstarter campaign. The campaign draft is finished and we just lack some gameplay footage and the Kickstarter video to send the campaign for review. The team is hard at work editing the camera shots for the video, the audio composers (TwoFeathers) are already working on the video music, and we already ordered some of the KS rewards (3D printed figurine and T-Shirt some of them) to review them.

Game development is not forgotten. Edu is reviewing the physic colliders for the whole prop library and improving the character controller; meanwhile, Pere and Ciro are working on player and enemy animations.

I spent the last few days working on an 'x-ray' shader for marking enemies. In Path of Shadows, the player could stay still in the shadows to see every enemy around. That mechanic pushes the player to play slowly and stop every few meters, so we wanted to redesign it. In Twin Souls we are using a 'mark' mechanic similar to the one used in Crysis or the latest Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid: when you see an enemy you can point at him and 'mark' him, so from now on you can see his whereabouts. In opposition to the Path of Shadows approach, this implementation forces the player to cautiously explore the surroundings, probably find some high ground, and then survey the scenario, aiding to the feeling of being the 'predator'.

Now, something more 'flashy'.. here's a first look at the concept art for our basic 'Alliance' grunts:

And here's a first look at the in-game 3D model while I tested the 'x-ray' shader!

Let's see if next time I can show you stuff related to AI or even the 3D pipeline in Unity3D Smiley

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 01:59:04 PM »

Damn, wish you could launch sooner, would hate to see this get overlooked.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
ACOM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 10:42:39 PM »

Nice plan! Really excited to see what are you doing Smiley
xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 11:16:48 PM »

Just posted on Twitter one of the Kickstarter rewards

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 02:50:11 AM »

I've played path of shadows (it was posted in the dark mod forums). This is really good stuff. I'll follow this devlog  Coffee

Krisjet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:53:30 AM »

Kickstarter launch on 12th of june is suicide IMO. I think it would be better to do it during Steam sale season, as the press won't be busy writing much about it. Launching a Kickstarter during E3 is just a recipe for getting ignored by everyone (especially the press), and from what I hear getting attention for a Kickstarter from press is hard enough as it is right now, unless your project is already pretty well known and widely anticipated (like SUPERHOT). Just my two cents!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 04:07:07 AM »

Path of Shadows did have a lot of press attention, but yeah, I think launching around E3 is only going to hurt your campaign.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:27:47 AM by Christian » Logged

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »

Kickstarter launch on 12th of june is suicide IMO. I think it would be better to do it during Steam sale season, as the press won't be busy writing much about it. Launching a Kickstarter during E3 is just a recipe for getting ignored by everyone (especially the press), and from what I hear getting attention for a Kickstarter from press is hard enough as it is right now, unless your project is already pretty well known and widely anticipated (like SUPERHOT). Just my two cents!
Path of Shadows did have a lot of press attention, but yeah, I thinking launching around E3 is only going to hurt your campaign.

I think you both are right.. but it's a hard choice anyway. If we launch at the same time as the Steam Summer Sale (or just after) then people might not want to spend money again. But that's probably preferable compared to no press coverage.

xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »

Testing out some blood particle effects. Just messing around with placeholder textures, but at least I got a first implementation of blood particles + collision per particle + decals.

We also created different models for 3D printing, but in the end we'll stick to the mid one. Also, Kickstarter backers can engrave their names on the base.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:11:09 AM by xdavidleon » Logged

xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 06:54:02 AM »

This past week I've been working on improving particle effects, optimization and some other stuff related to the Kickstarter.

There's a new skybox and moon, with moon shafts effect into place. You can click on the image to view them in-game (you can also see the waterfall particle system):

The Kickstarter campaign is almost ready and we are pushing to launch the 16th of June (next week!). Let's see if we can finish everything (and Kickstarter validates the campaign) soon enough.

As for the Kickstarter, we've been working on:

• Reward Graphics

• 3D Printed Figurine: Every backer can engrave his name onto the tomb.

• New concept art

That's as much as I can share for now; if we launch next week expect to see some really interesting stuff and some special announcements Smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:13:03 AM by xdavidleon » Logged

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 07:34:28 AM »

Now that's some nice wallpaper right there Wink

xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 07:45:25 AM »

Now that's some nice wallpaper right there Wink

And that's not even the final version.. it's just a draft Wink

xdavidleon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 02:27:41 AM »

Some new 1080p screenshots.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 02:37:22 AM »

amazing graphics!
Cakeypigdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:59 AM »

very exciting! love the look you have achieved in game!
brrrrr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 05:13:30 AM »

I like the style! Great work!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic