Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:18:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSimplePixel [Greenlight!]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SimplePixel [Greenlight!]  (Read 4768 times)
Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 03:09:13 AM »

The game title should be "The Square", since the big giant squares are made out of many pixels and even the bullets aren't a pixel. They all even have anti aliasing, so its even less pixly.  Smiley
Enemies are triangles. If they would be squares they would be less distinguishable of course, but you can make them different colors and sizes.
How do you plan to introduce different enemies, when you have the pixel limit going on? Just bigger squares/triangles/circles with different attack patterns?
Also, its kinda hard to see the small bullets fly at you, since triangles spit out bunch of particles that look the same. But then again, it seems the player can soak up lots of them before dieing.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 03:16:21 AM by Green Gospod » Logged
aaron524
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 04:39:51 AM »

The game title should be "The Square", since the big giant squares are made out of many pixels and even the bullets aren't a pixel. They all even have anti aliasing, so its even less pixly.  Smiley
Enemies are triangles. If they would be squares they would be less distinguishable of course, but you can make them different colors and sizes.
How do you plan to introduce different enemies, when you have the pixel limit going on? Just bigger squares/triangles/circles with different attack patterns?
Also, its kinda hard to see the small bullets fly at you, since triangles spit out bunch of particles that look the same. But then again, it seems the player can soak up lots of them before dieing.

Balancing is something I've been working on more recently, as well as making the bullets a bit more visible to the eye. The anti-aliasing is planned to be removed, I agree that the pixely look is a bit ruined. But I'm still on the fence about keeping it or not.

The plan for the game is to make it pretty much endless, with the goal to getting as far as you can. And yes there will be different attack patterns, completely random patterns of spawning, and the occasional random boss fights later in the game.

Thanks for the feedback!
aaron524
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 04:41:53 AM »

New enemy type, plus tracking missiles!
They detonate in proximity to the player. The pentagon will release missiles either when it's killed, or when it "expires" and has to be taken off screen.

Also, a new "shotgun" like weapon!

That playable demo is coming soon!
aaron524
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 10:10:18 AM »

You can now grab a demo Here!

Supported on OSX, Linux and Windows. If you are a musician, I am seeking exciting, driving and chip tune music for the game. As it is currently sound-less! If you're interested, send a demo my way  Smiley
Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »

Wow...intense little game you got there!  I love the fact that killing the enemy increases your life, so to stay alive you gotta shoot them down! Hand Any Key

As I said before, I love the simplicity in your game.  It forces you to focus purely on the gameplay.  Great little game!

aaron524
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2014, 11:49:38 AM »

A new version of the demo has been released!

You can now vote on greenlight!

Vote here!

More up to date videos and screenshots can be found there!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic