Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:31:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrest - Indirect God Game
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39
Print
Author Topic: Crest - Indirect God Game  (Read 96965 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 28, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »

Nice!

Cool render too
Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: May 03, 2017, 05:40:24 AM »

Thanks, Job! Smiley

---

Just wanted to give a heads-up that we'll try to be at as many expos we can during the summer and autumn, Gamescom for example. But here's the others we will apply to:

• Indie MEGABOOTH @ PAX West
  • Intel Level Up Game Developer Contest
  • INDIGO 2017
  • ReVersed Festival
  • Develop:Brighton Indie Showcase

No promise that we'll be at any of them (we might not get accepted, who knows?) but this is the plan anyway. Any tips for these are welcome. We've been at MEGABOOTH before though. Why we suddenly want to go to so many shows and cons are simply that we've found more investor money and want to make the launch of Crest as succesful as it can get.

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

Making Games Around the Globe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: May 03, 2017, 07:17:07 AM »

Good luck with the applications, Greipur. I'm also applying to MEGABOOTH later this week. If we both get in, I'll buy you a beer in Seattle Toast Right

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: May 04, 2017, 12:48:26 AM »

Good luck with the applications, Greipur. I'm also applying to MEGABOOTH later this week. If we both get in, I'll buy you a beer in Seattle Toast Right

Thanks Ben! I wish you good luck as well. I can't promise that I will be personally there though, I'm the CEO nowadays and do a lot of non-game stuff for the studio too (apart from art). We're actually hiring a community and PR manager during the Summer who will probably be much more public than I ever will have time for. But never say never. Wink

PatrickECS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #724 on: July 14, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »

Hello and here I am, the new PR & community manager Martin has been speaking off. ^^

I'm actually just on my way back to Sweden from Develop: Brighton, the third showcase we did with Crest within the last two weeks after INDIGO and ReVersed. It was cool to see how many people remembered the game from this almost ancient thread!

Who am I? I got a background in games journalism (like every pr person lol) and been generally very active within the indie scene for the better half of the last decade. Some of you might have heard of indiecouch, which I founded back in 2015.

But yeah, I'm super hyped for the final journey of Crest and everything that's coming after. The feedback I got at the past events for the preview build of the upcoming module was very positive and motivating, now we just need to finish it. Wink

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 14, 2017, 02:16:49 AM »

THE THREAD LIVES!
Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: July 21, 2017, 01:21:39 AM »

THE THREAD LIVES!

Yeah, praise the Crest god! Wink

I've been very busy with running the company and doing my normal creative/art direction tasks. But Patrick will take it from here, we're in capable hands. I will occasionally pop in here if you've specific questions. Thanks for sticking around.

PatrickECS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: July 24, 2017, 06:25:19 AM »

We've been working on a god currency called "Influence" last week. This will prevent players from spamming commandments and also add a more strategic (or conventional) feel to the game. Some players have felt a little bit lost by all the freedom we gave them. With this new element we hope they will at least find something familiar to grasp on. It will definitely need a decent amount of balancing, otherwise it will be just a tedious waiting game until you can shoot out another commandment, especially regarding that you'll be able to use Influence as well to bless or condemn associations made by your followers.

Blessing an association increases the following cities faith and they become very interested in spreading that one association. Condemning decreases it and can more easily lead to religious wars against cities who do not follow that specific association. It will also drastically shorten the commandment's lifespan.

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: July 24, 2017, 11:53:27 PM »

Hey all,

We're looking for a new producer here in Sweden, international talent is welcome. Smiley Read the details below!

http://eatcreatesleep.net/hiring

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 25, 2017, 02:28:56 AM »

Posted on my social media - got a few game dev friends who might know someone
Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #730 on: July 25, 2017, 02:52:37 AM »

Posted on my social media - got a few game dev friends who might know someone

Thanks, really appreciate it.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

Making Games Around the Globe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: July 25, 2017, 07:19:15 AM »

we will help you speak better than the Swedish Chef in two weeks.

Haha, I kind of wish I was looking for a job, because that's a great selling point right there!

Good luck guys Smiley

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: July 25, 2017, 09:07:37 AM »

we will help you speak better than the Swedish Chef in two weeks.

Haha, I kind of wish I was looking for a job, because that's a great selling point right there!

Good luck guys Smiley

I'm glad someone noticed the line, bork! Thanks, Ben. Smiley

---

Btw, this just in - I will have a talk about tough questions in video games at Devcom in Cologne in the end of August. Will be there with Patrick and Emma from our team the whole week, hope to see some of you there!

https://devcom2017.sched.com/event/BL8M/tough-questions-in-games-how-we-let-the-players-think

PatrickECS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: July 25, 2017, 10:18:02 PM »

They also speak English, sometimes. :D

I'm very much looking forward to the Gamescom madness. Best party week of the year! :D

Right now I'm hip deep in the trenches of updating our press list. It's such a tedious work to find email addresses for all relevant people and check if they're still actively writing for a website and if not, where they went. I'm basically stalking people all day long and organizing their professional life in a spreadsheet.  Who, Me?

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: July 31, 2017, 12:44:15 PM »

It's ahhliiive!   My Word!

The new update is live on the internet, and here's the new trailer. Tried to get closer to the actual gameplay with this cinematic trailer, you decide if we managed to do so. Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 31, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »

Kiss

Your trailers are getting prettier and prettier

Also, love the music!
Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: August 01, 2017, 12:28:10 AM »

Kiss

Your trailers are getting prettier and prettier

Also, love the music!

Thanks, Job!

The music is made by our new composer Tuomas Nikkinen, he did a great job. And I'm glad we're improving, I've looked a lot into shaders in Blender and it really helps to get that polished feel. Emma, our new artist did a lot of critical work as well, it's been a close collaboration really, we basically split up each scene into its own blend file and then went back and forth working on them together. In most cases that workflow would probably be chaotic, but it worked magic here.

The timing/editing could've been more tight, but I'm already excited to apply what we've learned here for the launch trailer. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:37:40 AM by Greipur » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 01, 2017, 07:09:04 AM »

Well, I don't see the timing issues - I'm sure you can point them out but don't bother Tongue

Is Nikkinen's music in the game too?

Also, I just watched it again and noticed the pictographical sentences. Very cool how the actions immediately make it obvious how to read them!
Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: August 01, 2017, 08:34:19 AM »

Is Nikkinen's music in the game too?

Yup, here's one of his tracks, a remake of one of our old composer's songs.

Also, I just watched it again and noticed the pictographical sentences. Very cool how the actions immediately make it obvious how to read them!

I'm glad that came through, I'm thinking of expanding on this idea for the next trailer since it's so hard to show with gameplay, and kind of abstract for a cinematic.

PatrickECS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: August 07, 2017, 03:40:17 AM »

We got coverage from around 25 websites about the Exploration Module so far, which is not the world, but regarding it's an update for a Steam Early Access game, I'm still positively surprised. I expect a lot more to trickle in over the coming weeks but I wanted to share how much of an impact it made on sales, when RPS published the news yesterday:

I did not focus too much on the big websites for this push, more on establishing new contacts. The past weeks I'd put together a list of around 2000 websites/youtubers, whom I all sent a key. I wrote a few different versions of the press release but other than the name it was not personalized at all. Only to people who had written about us in the past I'd sent a personalized email, which was still a ton of work (~75).

Opening rate was around 40% with a click-rate of 12% for the initial press release (cold contacts). The follow-up a few days later managed to achieve a whopping 72% with a 14% click rate.

All in all I got I much higher response rate from the "spam"-list than the personalized emails.

Tl;dr: Blasting out as many emails as possible is still effective but only the big websites will have a real impact.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic