Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:06:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMobile Gaming
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Mobile Gaming  (Read 5920 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 09:57:45 AM »

True. Also, game design wise, it's quite interesting to be able to use a strong network such as the telephone. I'm pretty sure that numerous games will allow the player to communicate between them while playing a game. And I'm not even thinking about all the possibilities of using speech inside the actual game. We've seen how the DS can use a microphone, it's just a matter of time before cell phone game designers use this avenue.

Later!

Yeah, that'll definitely be interesting to see....remember Seaman? lol...I couldn't resist...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »

Don't they also have systems in Japan where you can save your coin-op settings/characters to your mobile? That sort of thing is where mobile phones could really take off; they're kinda unique on that front, because they have the chance to be really ubiquitous. Instead, we see all these varying standards and systems. I think if they were to become more of a standard platform, then we could (and would) see a lot more interesting uses for them. The problem is, this incredibly fast-moving market for newer, bigger, faster phones means that any standard would be obsolete in 6 months' time - so part of the challenge is to create a more future-proof platform specification for all (read: the mainstream majority of) phones to comform to. But then, people would begin to lose interest in the new-gadgety-ness of these big flashy things, I am sure.

(on a side note; I just bought Lumines for my phone. It's actually quite good, but not as replayable as I'd like, so far. Smiley )

olücæbelel
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic