Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:19:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFreaking Meatbags, the only RTS where you can mix Human with Alien DNA - V1.0
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Freaking Meatbags, the only RTS where you can mix Human with Alien DNA - V1.0  (Read 6715 times)
WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 12:35:35 AM »

Freaking meatbags is available on the https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly!
I'm continuing on working on DNA and made a new system with more DNA mixing possibility but that give the player harder/more fun choice to make.
But I might have bite more than I can chew because it breaks the balance of everything Smiley

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »

FREAKING MEATBAGS:
The next update of freaking meatbags has massive changes. I added a few things and changed many things.
I was probably over ambitius on this update, that’s why tt takes more time that it should, sorry !
DNA fusion was not fully exploited in the current version. And Players had to wait  few levels before he can enjoy them.
Firs there is a lot more DNA genes with new functionnalities.
But the biggest change:
– You will have to choose which DNA gene are transmit to your human child. You have a lot more choice, so now you will have to choose what kind of human you make.
You will choose between 3 DNA abilities for one human.
– You will boost your towers with your humans ! Each Human will add several special powers to your towers.  6 new tower abilities can be combined.
And many more things…

Everything is a little bit rough right now. So I need to polish them before releasing anything.
New DNA system:

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 06:20:43 AM »

Hello everyone.
We have to prepare for the Paris Games Week convention (biggest event in France on video games from October 28th to November 2nd), and we have a gigantic amount of work to do.
This is our first big show and we are still not ready.
About Freaking Meatbags: I only have 2 small weeks of work left to finish the next big update of Freaking Meatbags, but I just can’t crush it before the Paris Games Week.
I made the mistake of making a too much ambitious update. I should have cut it in small portion and release something every month. I won’t do it again, sorry !
So expect it to be relased at the begining of december. I promised!

The rest of the team is working on our next title, and we are going to show it for the first time at the Paris games Week. If you liked Freaking Meatbags, you will probably like our next title too ! We are going to start talking about it, so stay tune.

Like we probably know, we are small indie. We which to print some sign for the two games that we can re-use at each convention.
We though that sings of 1 meter X 1meter would do the trick… It cost us an arm, and a leggs.
We received them this morning, but they are gigantic ! Too big to just hang them somewhere, like we planned to.

So we had to sell our last arm,and redo these signs 2 time smaller.
Here is a picture of Freaking Meatbags Big sign in our living room:

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 11:45:53 PM »

Well I've hit the 100% !!
Release date February 4th Smiley

Greetings once again, fleshy life forms! WildFactor is proud to announce its futuristic real time strategy game Freaking Meatbags has defeated Steam Early Access and is now a full-fledged game! To celebrate the milestone, the team is pushing out a massive update that adds tons of new features, including a totally revamped DNA mixing system, a new boss, and new equipments for meatbags to use. The update is so groundbreaking it’s called “Philae“, named after the little robot currently sitting on a comet in outer space.

New features:
– Revamped DNA system with hundreds of alien/human combinations.
– Seven new genes to get all splice-happy with.
– Equip meatbags with jetpacks, hoverboards and… ROCKET LAUNCHERS!
– Stick humans in towers to power-up the buildings. Because of science.
– Overclocking ability lets you see the world in slow-mo.
– Brand new boss that jumps around a lot. Shhh, that’s all we can say!
– Hidden zombie planet. Go ahead, try to find it.
– Over 50 gameplay, sound and interface improvements.

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 11:48:45 PM »

Fixes:
- The First levels will show over 100% completion (140% or 120%)
- The Gun Drone has the name and Description of the Electric Drone
- After completing a level in a (harder) difficulty, not having a perfect base or robot will unlock the reward again
- Life bar fixed.

Video of Philae update:

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 12:07:52 AM »

I’ve fixed some last few bugs, playtesters/my girl friend found:
– Actions icon with black background (can be seen better) after the comment of the youtuber Akwartz.
– Change mining ability/gene text because player didn’t understand that the 4 arms are usefull only with the mining gene.
– Added 2 new arms to the 4 arms aliens sprite.

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 11:33:26 PM »

We have defeat the early access...

The V1.0 is out on Steam !
http://store.steampowered.com/app/297060/

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 01:48:43 AM »

This looks so good, congrats!