Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:33:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesUnpolished Gems
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Unpolished Gems  (Read 22407 times)
ChevyRay
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »

Acwabatiacs was absolutely ridiculous; loved it all the same though. Never played Crush or Monster
renkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 08:36:32 AM »

I would call Wandering Fighter a prime example of an unpolished gem. Some might call me unfair for calling it unpolished at all, but I think it is, mostly in technical and some design aspects. However, the pure and fun gameplay in combination with the "Wonder Boy in Monster Land"-esqe concept of progress is really enjoyable and makes me come back to it now and then.

Versus entry: Battle Mode
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »

Yay for Acwabiatacs! I was pretty good in it. I wonder if my highscores are still on the online list Grin.

C'mon, it's a game about a sheep-eating caterpillar with a bear attached to its arse... it can't get any better than that :D. Other CoolMoose's games are also great. I would love to Crush made in some really good graphics.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 01:53:29 AM »

http://www.interq.or.jp/tohoku/kenta/download/block/block.htm

Block gets my vote on the grounds that the damn thing doesn't work on my machine faster than 10fps. It looks pretty epic though, for a bat-and-ball game at least.
Tr00jg
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »

Oddwarg's Surphasm rocked. That was so awesome...
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 12:04:40 PM »

I would call Wandering Fighter a prime example of an unpolished gem. Some might call me unfair for calling it unpolished at all, but I think it is, mostly in technical and some design aspects. However, the pure and fun gameplay in combination with the "Wonder Boy in Monster Land"-esqe concept of progress is really enjoyable and makes me come back to it now and then.
Lost Valley looks pretty sweet too, but it's a huge download. (at least for me, and I have a fairly good connection.) I might try it some day when I have more pacience.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 07:06:19 AM »

Coolmooses games aren't unpolished. D:

jaredbloom
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »

I've racked up an embarrassing amount of hours playing Earth Defense Force for the XBOX 360. Everything about the game is just awesome. Now if only more companies would make B-Games for the "Next-Gen" systems. Video.
edenb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 03:24:03 AM »

A Game for Three Year Olds: http://gamemakergames.com/?a=view&id=6010
Essay/Non-Review of it here:http://eocommunity.co.uk/bloglink.php?id=54&blog=19241
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:27:59 AM by edenb » Logged
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 04:16:10 AM »

I wrote a large comment as a reply to that essay, and it took enough time for the security image to change at some point halfway through. When I hit post, it said my security image code was incorrect and deleted my large post.

Apparantly Firefox doesn't keep track of stuff like text when you hit back, either.

edenb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 04:44:54 AM »

Oh? What was the general gist of the comment?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »

I wrote a large comment as a reply to that essay, and it took enough time for the security image to change at some point halfway through. When I hit post, it said my security image code was incorrect and deleted my large post.

Apparantly Firefox doesn't keep track of stuff like text when you hit back, either.

I always copy/paste very large comments to Notepad before hitting those buttons.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic