Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:59:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGUNROX - our boutique tactical MMO
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: GUNROX - our boutique tactical MMO  (Read 12862 times)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 11:22:15 PM »

Limited appearance are there due to the fact that we sell more diverse outfit in the Cash Shop and we had to make initial options limited so people will be more inclined to buy custom stuff.
Lips Sealed

he said it's casual, not indie, and that's one of the differences Concerned
This is a standard free to play model, and doesn't stand up to much criticism. It works, it's completely valid, there's nothing particularly amoral about it imo, so it's fine.

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

so whats so boutique about this?

berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 12:59:57 PM »

so whats so boutique about this?

Have you tried the game itself?

Cray
Level 0

can't upload an avatar :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »

FYI something fishy's going on with your site. Got this message here, claims it was from google:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.enkord.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 07:44:15 AM »

If it's not as complicated as X-com does not mean it has no depth.

i wasn't referring to the gameplay but to the complete lack of any game setting. I don't like games without any setting, maybe they can work without a plot, but not without environment that fit.. your game has random people gunshooting in random places from totally different settings, it looks like a monkey surfing over a keyboard while dodging missiles in disneyland to me

he said it's casual, not indie, and that's one of the differences Concerned
This is a standard free to play model, and doesn't stand up to much criticism. It works, it's completely valid, there's nothing particularly amoral about it imo, so it's fine.

where i said casual games are amoral? i think i said it's only not an indie game...

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »

FYI something fishy's going on with your site. Got this message here, claims it was from google:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.enkord.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Yeah I was going to ask you about that, firefox doesn't let me visit your site.  Undecided
berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that too.
Looks like clamav detects programs protected with old version of software passport/armadillo as Trojan.Dropper-16598 and google automatically bans us. Not very funny, considering that checking files at virustotal.com shows no signs of trojans or viruses. This really pisses me off.

berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 09:13:37 AM »

where i said casual games are amoral? i think i said it's only not an indie game...

So if we try to make money on the game automatically makes it non-indie?

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »

no, is the target audience of the game to make it a casual game or not, you're aiming to casual gamers, like all the browser games with pay-to-have-fancier stuff do, so maybe you're an indie software house but your game is not, like i shouldn't call habbo hotel indie for example...
But is that a bad thing?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »

please stop making this argument until you give people a chance to try the game.  for free.  it's a cop-out.

berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 09:58:38 AM »

please stop making this argument until you give people a chance to try the game.  for free.  it's a cop-out.

The game is absolutely free to play. You only pay if you want some extra features which are completely optional.
P.S. I've uploaded all files on gunrox.com so those who get warning from google on enkord.com won't be blocked from trying it out.

J.G. Martins
Level 2

AKA anvilfolk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »

Man, what it is with some of you guys? Why all the attacks? Some of the stuff you said could actually have been constructive feedback. So he's trying to make some money out of the game he developed, big deal.

I'm not really looking into playing online games, but most of what has been said is also true for me.

I do enjoy "alternate universes" in the sense that you can immerse yourself in another world with a background and a specific culture or whatever. I just had a (quick) look at your guide, and there's no mention of anything of the like, so for me, it's a turnoff.

I also have to agree on the sprites&background. While the different backgrounds do seem to provide some variety, for me (and like Caliber9 said), there doesn't seem to be any coherence between them. For someone who likes a well defined game theme, this isn't so good.

While I understand and see the viability of the pay-for-more model, it really irks me, maybe because I like to see things as black & white (pay or free) and this is in-between. This may also come from the fact that a lot of times the game seems free until you play awhile and then realize you're limited unless you pay (which means developers hide it). You're upfront with it, so it's cool Smiley

All this said, even though there are different styles for the art, each of them seems to be of pretty good quality Smiley I'm not an artist, but I like it.

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" cried the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But iron, cold iron, is the master of them all."
--- Rudyard Kipling
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »

no, is the target audience of the game to make it a casual game or not, you're aiming to casual gamers, like all the browser games with pay-to-have-fancier stuff do, so maybe you're an indie software house but your game is not, like i shouldn't call habbo hotel indie for example...
But is that a bad thing?

You're calling a turn-based tactics game casual? Really? Turn-based tactics is, if anything, the opposite of a casual genre. Needless to say, Habbo Hotel is not a good comparison.

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 09:44:38 PM »

The game is absolutely free to play. You only pay if you want some extra features which are completely optional.
P.S. I've uploaded all files on gunrox.com so those who get warning from google on enkord.com won't be blocked from trying it out.

whoops, sorry.

berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 06:32:07 AM »

Our website was removed from black list for quite some time now, that stupid issue was sorted out, so bump!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic