Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:09:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The happy programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 279
Print
Author Topic: The happy programmer room  (Read 672955 times)
George Michaels
Level 0

I like big butts and I can not lie

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: March 04, 2013, 03:48:42 PM »

Fixed a bug where entities were able to push other entities through walls. My game's getting to a point where I can start a Devlog on it :D

Yeah, that.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3261 on: March 04, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »

I just uploaded a new version of my mini-app for Android, What The Flag. It's nothing fancy, but I'm double-happy since I actually managed to release something (it's been a while Smiley), and since Haxe+NME is really a cool toolkit Smiley Once I wrap up WTF I'll move on to some cooler project, which will make use of all that coolness.

Liosan

mmmm haxe, how i miss thee ... one day we shall be re-united!

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: March 04, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »

Finally got something working in OpenGL with LWJGL. Just a first person camera and a box but it's a step. Unfortunately the whole thing is rendered using immediate mode so now I need to convert it all to VBOs. Thankfully I started putting some thought into organizing the code so it shouldn't be too hard. Also got anti-aliasing working very easily, way easier than fullscreen which I still can't figure out. Oh well.
Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: March 04, 2013, 11:35:20 PM »

Finally got something working in OpenGL with LWJGL. Just a first person camera and a box but it's a step. Unfortunately the whole thing is rendered using immediate mode so now I need to convert it all to VBOs. Thankfully I started putting some thought into organizing the code so it shouldn't be too hard.
Watch out for those FloatBuffers Wink When I was doing VBOs in LWJGL, I regularly segfaulted the JVM. LWJGL checks are good, but... well, my bugs won Smiley

Liosan

pixhead
« Reply #3264 on: March 05, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »

Had to rewrite my level editor. The architecture was horrible, mainly cause I thought I would breeze through it, so I just wrote a bunch of spaghetti code.

I rewrote it all today and added a couple more features, there are still a few things I need to add, but it's really close to being ready Smiley
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: March 05, 2013, 08:01:20 AM »

That sweet feeling when your code allows you to easily add features later on in the development and find out what is causing bugs without going through too much code

I don't regret my choices at all!
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: March 06, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »

LINQ really makes C# shine.

I have a group of quads that are represented by nothing else than 4 vector3's that I have in a big list. I needed to abstract this list to separate the vertexes of each quad, then group the quads into lists based on their y-coordinate, then organize these y-coordinate slice lists by each quad's X value.

I couldn't imagine this taking less than 20-30 lines without linq, but with it I'm left with this beauty:

Code:
            //VertexPositionNormalTexture[] verts external code
            var groupedPanels = new List<IEnumerable<VertexPositionNormalTexture>>();
            for (int panelIdx = 0; panelIdx < verts.Length; panelIdx += 4){
                groupedPanels.Add(verts.Skip(panelIdx).Take(4));
            }

var sortedPanels = (from grp in groupedPanels
                                orderby grp.Min(vert => vert.Position.X) ascending
                                group grp by grp.ElementAt(0).Position.Y into layers
                                select layers.ToArray()).ToArray();
George Michaels
Level 0

I like big butts and I can not lie

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: March 06, 2013, 08:03:05 PM »

Managed to create a sort of continuous-discrete hybrid collision detection system Hand Metal Left Crazy Hand Metal Right

Yeah, that.
pixhead
« Reply #3268 on: March 06, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »

Just spent the last 6 hours getting luabind working.

Not even implementing it into my engine, just getting the fucking thing to compile.

This was easily the most frustrating time I've had with C++ in a very long time, but I've come out of it with a few new handy skills, one of them being that I'm finally comfortable with building static libraries.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: March 09, 2013, 10:52:29 AM »

I was dreading (and therefore putting off) converting my character controlling code to accept a generic input stream (instead of directly getting input from the user), but I decided to buckle down and change it.  It took me like 5 minutes and works perfectly.  I don't know why I was dreading it so much.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3270 on: March 09, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »

Getting back to graphic programming after months of purely console output is refreshing!

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3271 on: March 09, 2013, 03:45:14 PM »

Starting to see my months of hard work implementing STRIPS planning-based AI pay off as I used the same basic AI for two kinds of entities.  Beer!

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: March 10, 2013, 02:53:17 AM »

I finally got around and written A* pathfinding within C++!  Smiley

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: March 14, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »

Finally implemented dat integer wrap function

Aw yeeeeeeeeeeeeah
coAdjoint_Tom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »

Finally getting my skill modelling dll into Unity and threaded so we don't get the slowdowns, huzzah!

Working on skill modelling and adaptive AI systems in video games http://www.youtube.com/coAdjointTom

Game Ai blog:

http://coadjoint.wordpress.com/
TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3275 on: March 14, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

heh, i guess RL dungeon generation isn't so hard after all..

certainly not any trickier than wrapping prim's algorithm around a cube. Smiley

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: March 14, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »

Damn it's been a good week. I opted to rewrite some software at the company because the codebase was a shitstorm and they constantly wanted new features tacked on which inevitably caused regression bugs. There's always that risk that you underestimated the time for re-implementation but everything has been passing tests and programmed clean. So far everything has gone perfectly, implementing the last feature now.

Also been walking/jogging for 2 hours a day and hitting the gym often as well as stopped eating crap. Feel great and my mind is much clearer, programming goes a lot smoother too.

Also one of my favorite bands of all time is releasing a new album after 7 years and the first single is NOT A DISSAPPOIONTMENT! :D

goodtimes

Also I really recommend Qt for GUI applications. Now that I've really gotten deep into it I really like it. It's almost never been annoying.

nospoon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: March 15, 2013, 01:20:46 AM »

Also one of my favorite bands of all time is releasing a new album after 7 years and the first single is NOT A DISSAPPOIONTMENT! :D
Which band ? Just curious.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:04 AM »

Aw man, you got me excited for a Tool single Sad

EdgeOfProphecy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3279 on: March 15, 2013, 01:49:05 AM »

goodtimes

Justin Timberlake? Justin Timberlake.

Porting some controls for a balloon-trip sorta game over to work with touch, and it's going super well.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 279
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic