Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:51:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The happy programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 279
Print
Author Topic: The happy programmer room  (Read 677807 times)
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: April 21, 2017, 12:29:12 AM »

edit (replaced the horrible youtube video with a less horrible gif:
http://i.imgur.com/z0YFTI4.gif

I added some components to the interface of the program for painting that I'm working on. I'm satisfied with the result.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:26:37 PM by felipefsdev » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: April 21, 2017, 02:50:49 AM »

Very sleek!

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: April 23, 2017, 03:39:39 AM »

Very sleek!

Thanks! ^^

Took a while polishing the color selector, but I like it. Now I will return to my game engine.

cherry_monster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: April 23, 2017, 11:41:18 AM »

Wohooo! Emscripten is on my plans too. Converting all the OpenGL stuff will probably be annoying, tho.
The support is more decent than I thought, actually! Even when I specify GLES2 (whatever that means when it's actually WebGL which is it's own subset if I've understood correctly?) it supports more stuff than, say, an Android device on Jellybean with strict GLES2 does. And there's actually a "GLES3 emulation" flag that I haven't tried yet.
Yeah, that was my experience. Choosing ES 2.0 for Web is more akin to ES 3.0 on Android. To actually support the ES 2.0 spec would be rewriting a heck of a lot of GL3+, whereas ES 3.0 and the Emscripten 2.0 just require some minor tweaks here and there.
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: April 24, 2017, 03:32:02 PM »

Sidebar on left is the "tools sidebar"
Second sidebar on left is the sidebar to configure presets (tools).

Sidebar on right is for color picker and layers.
There will be another sidebar on the right, for layer properties/filters.

Even though the sidebars ocupy a good amount of space, they are not intended to be visible all the time, that's why the toggle option. Everything will be on a single window, even new/open/save dialogs (that won't be dialogs, they will fade in/out on the whole window).

Also, those two presets "Pencil 2B" and "Hard Eraser" are being loaded from disk!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4725 on: April 24, 2017, 04:21:27 PM »

What is the gui framework you are using? Electron?

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: April 24, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »

Looks like GTK3.

After much faffing about I got session layout restoration working properly for top-level windows, MDI subwindows and docks:

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: April 24, 2017, 11:03:02 PM »

yup, it's gtk3 (i'm not even sure I will port this for windows. Windows users have photoshop already, not to mention all the work it would be :p)

@surt:

did you implement already all those paint tools or is it still WIP? also, is that windows?

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: April 24, 2017, 11:40:10 PM »

No all just empty actions. But do have bits and pieces of code for them lying about the place.
Desktop environment is KDE Plasma.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: April 25, 2017, 03:07:56 AM »

Windows users have photoshop already

Those with deep pockets do yeah.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: April 25, 2017, 04:03:42 AM »

whoa GTK is looking really nice these days!

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: April 26, 2017, 10:21:55 AM »

Reached 200 commits on my game engine public repo!

I got a lot done. Mainly related with 2D collisions: tiles in the tilemaps can contain static shapes, and 2D spaces have cells, to optimize with which shape to test overlap/collision.

My only problem (and that's a grumpy part) is that I have no inspiration, and when I do, it's too big. I've started some games before (here and here), but never finished Sad I wish I had a fun but simple idea

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: April 27, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »

Made some solid progress on my 2D fantasy game. Also I think I've figured out how to handle buffs/debuffs after 3 days of experimenting and googling.
Also discovered Godot so using it for yet another attempt at a 3D racer (proc-gen experiment to be frank).
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: April 28, 2017, 05:19:17 AM »

Working on improving a Telegram chatbot for a group chat. The author tought it'd be fun to have it execute arbitary python code and implemented a quick version of that. After we used that to crawl through his files and password hashes and had some fun with creating and removing directories on his server to establish why it's a bad idea, I went and started to sandbox it a bit.
Right now you just can't call functions anymore except for functions from a whitelist - this was fairly straightforward to do using the ast module to parse the input code and replace all function calls with calls to a dummy function that checks if the function to call is in the whitelist and calls it if it is, otherwise just does nothing. All on the AST level which is nice.
Now working on protecting the whitelist. It's all fun and games now because the bot only runs in our local CS:GO group chat which isn't public but it's a nice lightweight thing to do as a change. Never really did any Python before as well so that's nice.
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: April 29, 2017, 06:21:35 AM »

Following up my last happy post about Python, today I spend some time trying to write a one-button-build script in it.
Works rather nicely together with premake - it runs my premake file to generate project files, then builds from those project files. Works on Windows and Linux atm, with Linux being untested tho so maybe not. On Windows I use MSBuild to compile from project files, on Linux I just assume make works.
Next step would be do declare and download dependencies automatically I guess.
Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: April 29, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »

I managed to solve an offset problem in my 2D game after a whole day of debugging and experimenting.

Things learned today: UNIT TESTING.
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: April 29, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »

I'm making a new program for torrent (using transmission-daemon to deal with torrents):

JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: April 30, 2017, 03:23:31 AM »

MOAR PYTHON BUILD SCRIPTS

The workflow to get my test project running is now as simple as it gets - clone the repo, execute a python script, happiness.
The script downloads all dependencies, unzips them, copies relevant files out, gets rid of the downloads afterwards, generates project/solution/make- files, builds the projects and finally executes the program if the user wants to.

EDIT: adding dependencies is also painless now:

I can simply add to a .json file and that'll add the dependency to the build with dependency meant as in package, not build internal.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:38:43 AM by JWki » Logged
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: May 01, 2017, 01:09:40 AM »

Nice!

shellbot
« Reply #4739 on: May 02, 2017, 07:08:40 AM »

Finally releasing my python framework this week Grin

It's called Peachy and I've been using it for the past year and a bit to develop my side-projects. This is gonna be my first open-source project and I'm excited to see what it takes to make it in the scene
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 279
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic