Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:19:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The happy programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 279
Print
Author Topic: The happy programmer room  (Read 677830 times)
qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5040 on: October 03, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »

Got a SAT collision resolution working, which I was testing with a triangle and a box. Had been bugging me more than it should've. The collider on the character is the same size as the sprite in this case, so it's colliding on the lower left corner there. Also, I haven't even tested rotated sprites yet, but should work Tongue

Now, to build some prototype gameplay Tongue

EDIT: that printf from shader code is awesome  Shocked

If it remains buggy, maybe you could give this a try: https://github.com/RandyGaul/tinyheaders/blob/master/tinyc2.h
ZebraInFlames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: October 03, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »

Got a SAT collision resolution working, which I was testing with a triangle and a box. Had been bugging me more than it should've. The collider on the character is the same size as the sprite in this case, so it's colliding on the lower left corner there. Also, I haven't even tested rotated sprites yet, but should work Tongue

Now, to build some prototype gameplay Tongue

EDIT: that printf from shader code is awesome  Shocked

If it remains buggy, maybe you could give this a try: https://github.com/RandyGaul/tinyheaders/blob/master/tinyc2.h

Yeah, I saw that earlier, nice stuff. Smiley
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: October 04, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »

How's everyone's progress?

JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »

Shitty. Lost direction and got pretty much nothing done in the last two weeks. Also have to prioritise working on, well, work stuff and uni is starting again so will probably not be very productive in the next few weeks either. All in all not a very happy programmer.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: October 04, 2017, 04:36:58 PM »

the last 5% is 95% I'm stuck too in that planet generator lol, going back soon to it and restart on unity from blitz ...

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: October 04, 2017, 04:40:14 PM »

blehhhh Sad

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 04, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »

:/ that sucks

the last 5% is 95% I'm stuck too in that planet generator lol, going back soon to it and restart on unity from blitz ...

They say that the last 10% is like other 90%, so you just need to finish the other 45%

Edit: oh, now i see your statement says that the last 5% is 95%, i got it wrong the first time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:13:00 PM by ferreiradaselva » Logged

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: October 04, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »

I decoupled my math source from my engine and made a separated pure C lib with it:

https://github.com/ferreiradaselva/mathc

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: October 04, 2017, 09:01:29 PM »

Got a little commission, so bye C++ for a mo' and hello JavaScript with Vue.js and Firebase. Seems I picked good tools! Modern in the good way (reactive and so on) and don't need to worry about user safety myself but also lightweight and without all that NPM stuff of nightmares (modern in the bad way); both of them are just includes. Everything is going very smoothly so far!

powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5049 on: October 04, 2017, 10:46:46 PM »

something's cookin', not sure if it'll be cool in the end or not. at least another idea finally (somewhat) tested out

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: October 05, 2017, 06:14:44 AM »

something's cookin', not sure if it'll be cool in the end or not. at least another idea finally (somewhat) tested out

That is hecking cool. How are you doing it? Geometry/tessellation shader?

----

I got 16 stars on github, that's the most stars I got ever.

powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5051 on: October 05, 2017, 06:38:16 AM »

That is hecking cool. How are you doing it? Geometry/tessellation shader?

----

I got 16 stars on github, that's the most stars I got ever.

Two passes of compute and a trivial “paste this on screen” vert+frag pair. The geometry is just a ray marched sdf with a single diffuse bounce per pixel, reconstructing a somewhat okay AO from that data is the interesting thing here.

Which project? Let’s make that 17 :9
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: October 05, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »

A math C lib https://github.com/ferreiradaselva/mathc

Two passes of compute and a trivial “paste this on screen” vert+frag pair. The geometry is just a ray marched sdf with a single diffuse bounce per pixel, reconstructing a somewhat okay AO from that data is the interesting thing here.

I never used a compute shader. I will give a try soon.

powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5053 on: October 05, 2017, 03:04:53 PM »

A math C lib https://github.com/ferreiradaselva/mathc

I never used a compute shader. I will give a try soon.
Cool! There are a lot of alternatives but this looks relatively different so there might be actual use cases.

You definitely should, compute is the best. It opens lots of possibilities for more efficient implementations with the possibility to do persistent threading and shared memory operations. As a potentially helpful pointer/shameless self plug, I recently released a thing that implements printf in glsl. It's proven personally quite useful for debugging more complex stuff where outputting a single state doesn't quite cut it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:24:24 PM by powly » Logged
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5054 on: October 06, 2017, 11:48:57 PM »

This week I was full of work, but the next one I will resume my 3rd person action game, made in Unreal Engine 4. If my task plan is correct, I should release my first "trailer" video after my 15th working hour from now.

Games:

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: October 07, 2017, 11:34:08 PM »

I recently released a thing that implements printf in glsl. It's proven personally quite useful for debugging more complex stuff where outputting a single state doesn't quite cut it.
Oh, I cloned that repo, hahhaa. I didn't know you made it. Beer!

This week I was full of work, but the next one I will resume my 3rd person action game, made in Unreal Engine 4. If my task plan is correct, I should release my first "trailer" video after my 15th working hour from now.

Waaagh! Let us know.

I'm happy bc I'm at a point I'm only polishing my gamedev framework.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:34:58 AM by ferreiradaselva » Logged

qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5056 on: October 08, 2017, 01:42:45 AM »

c strings to integers, very satisfying  Hand Any KeyWaaagh! Hand Shake Right

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: October 08, 2017, 06:09:33 AM »

Happy because I finally got the car AI weaving less after 1,5 days of poking about (I have one function that is basically "car on rails" and one other which makes it more realistic (i.e. not stuck to the rails).

Next step, I guess I'll work on offsetting the found path so that it's in the middle of my lane, because then it'll stop crossing the lanes sometimes. (Which is fine for a racer, but not so much for traffic)
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: October 08, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »

c strings to integers, very satisfying  Hand Any KeyWaaagh! Hand Shake Right

Niiiiice!

Happy because I finally got the car AI weaving less after 1,5 days of poking about (I have one function that is basically "car on rails" and one other which makes it more realistic (i.e. not stuck to the rails).

Next step, I guess I'll work on offsetting the found path so that it's in the middle of my lane, because then it'll stop crossing the lanes sometimes. (Which is fine for a racer, but not so much for traffic)

Heck yeah! What are you using for physics? Also, is it 2D or 3D?

I was just working on that menu again, and I added some animation using easing functions, moon going up using cubic_ease_out() and stars distance from the moon using back_ease_out():

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: October 09, 2017, 10:54:21 PM »

Heck yeah! What are you using for physics? Also, is it 2D or 3D?

I'm using Godot, which comes with their own physics for now (although vehicle code is almost a direct copy of Bullet's). It's 3D and the only reason why I haven't started a thread is, it doesn't look nice so far. Waiting for Godot 3.0. on that count.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 279
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic