Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:10:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The happy programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 279
Print
Author Topic: The happy programmer room  (Read 678885 times)
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: October 28, 2017, 01:46:12 AM »

Completely slaughtered the node graph sample now but now properties are nicely drawn with link slots matching the labels they belong to. It also now uses the all new attribute system that I hacked together in like ten minutes and that is essentially just "properties can have properties now yay", so when drawing a node, I look for properties that have "IsInput" or "IsOutput" attributes set to true and generate a label with a matching link slot for them, and also if they have a "IsConstant" attribute set to true, I generate UI to allow to set the constant values in the node itself. Attributes aren't limited to booleans, they can be of any type any property can be so I can also have min/max values for specific properties, other metadata like "should not be visible in editor" or whatever.

The implementation is a bit meh atm but I'm actually quite happy with the functionality and I'm using this as a playground to see how easy more advanced features are to implement and what's feasible with this. I'll reboot my codebase when I figure out what I actually want to do as a project so while I'm working on figuring that out I'm considering it an R&D playground basically.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: October 28, 2017, 02:55:46 AM »

Nice!

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: November 02, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »

Working on a new example for my framework:

Still with some offset problem with the lines, but the bezier math is working.

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: November 02, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »

That's a bezier for ya:

I'm thinking about learning how to implement a PBR, so I can add to my framework in the future, as something optional.

I found this, and it seems like a good start: http://dominium.maksw.com/articles/physically-based-rendering-pbr/pbr-part-one/

qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5084 on: November 02, 2017, 09:10:50 PM »

Porting from GL to GLES was really easy. My tinygl header was successfully ported and only involved a few minor changes. The most annoying change was precision qualifiers for fragment shaders... Very annoying indeed. But! Now my project will be able to run on Windows, Linux, OSX, iOS and Android! Checkmark all the platforms  Wizard
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: November 02, 2017, 10:52:43 PM »

That's a bezier for ya
Nice!

I'm thinking about learning how to implement a PBR, so I can add to my framework in the future, as something optional.
Tell us if you do! c:

Porting from GL to GLES was really easy. My tinygl header was successfully ported and only involved a few minor changes. The most annoying change was precision qualifiers for fragment shaders... Very annoying indeed. But! Now my project will be able to run on Windows, Linux, OSX, iOS and Android! Checkmark all the platforms  Wizard
Yass! Welcome to the Portability Club™. Gomez

I've been doing the same the last few days. I just added the precision specifier either way since it's required in GLES and doesn't hurt elsewhere. Got to be careful about implicit conversions tho; I got an error trying to set a float to 1 instead of 1.0 in GLES but not elsewhere. But besides the version specifier my shaders can be identical in GLES/WebGL and regular OpenGL right now. ES3 and WebGL2 are great! I don't have anything pretty yet so I'll wait before posting here but there's stuff on Twitter.

Cool project. I really like one-header libraries. c:

powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5086 on: November 03, 2017, 12:57:45 AM »

What is a PBR? Only physically based rendering comes to mind and a quick google doesn’t give other ideas (probably due to over-fitting to my usual preferences...)
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: November 03, 2017, 04:30:14 AM »

What is a PBR? Only physically based rendering comes to mind and a quick google doesn’t give other ideas (probably due to over-fitting to my usual preferences...)

I think he means physically based rendering.

I found this, and it seems like a good start: http://dominium.maksw.com/articles/physically-based-rendering-pbr/pbr-part-one/

I can recommend this series as a good, practical intro:
https://learnopengl.com/#!PBR/Theory

I only skimmed the article you posted but the images look a bit odd, not like you'd expect them to look with PBR really.
ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: November 03, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »

Oh yeah! Coffee I don't know why I didn't get a notification on github

Thanks! :D

It is physically based rendering Smiley

I can recommend this series as a good, practical intro:
https://learnopengl.com/#!PBR/Theory

I only skimmed the article you posted but the images look a bit odd, not like you'd expect them to look with PBR really.

Uh, good to know! And I didn't know learnopengl.com had a PBR section, so I will start from there! Thanks!

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: November 04, 2017, 12:50:42 AM »

Time to prototype the battle arena Cool

Btw, these are 32x32 lines, which means 1024 lines, 2048 vertices. It doesn't seem much when it's not your game, but you feel a bit sad when you see this cost in the VBO space

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: November 05, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

Been working hard on my rendering code the last week or so and today I got animations working for the first time ever!

Also lots of monkey heads.

JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: November 05, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »

Been working hard on my rendering code the last week or so and today I got animations working for the first time ever!

Followed your fight on twitter, good job getting it working! I will also have to get animations to work for the first time sometime soon (I've written skinning shaders before but not done the whole CPU side stuff), can I bother you with glTF questions when it comes to it?
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: November 05, 2017, 02:21:30 PM »

Followed your fight on twitter, good job getting it working! I will also have to get animations to work for the first time sometime soon (I've written skinning shaders before but not done the whole CPU side stuff), can I bother you with glTF questions when it comes to it?
Sure! You shouldn't have to go through the same headaches! Wizard

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: November 05, 2017, 03:28:51 PM »

That's a lotta Suzannes O_o

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: November 05, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »

That's a lotta Suzannes O_o
Only a fraction of what's actually there tho!

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: November 08, 2017, 01:48:22 PM »

The one in the middle won't stop staring... Shocked
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: November 08, 2017, 02:03:24 PM »

Check out this not so good LOD from the background of a later screenshot…

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: November 08, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »

Presented without comments

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: November 08, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »

it's a very photomemic monkey

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: November 08, 2017, 03:28:17 PM »

Prinsessa... Crazy

What kind of game are you making anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 279
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic