Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:37:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-GamesB-game Competition!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: B-game Competition!  (Read 140110 times)
ProgZmax
Level 0

I'm gonna get that kid!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2007, 12:56:53 PM »

I would totally have been up for this if I'd known about it sooner ;\.
Headmade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2007, 03:40:15 PM »

Tower, anyone?
Damn and I thought my idea was silly enough, that no one would actually realise it.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2007, 07:24:39 AM »

This whole competition has created one of the most concentrated sources of awesome on the Internet. It's bewildering, in a good way.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2007, 11:52:09 AM »

This whole competition has created one of the most concentrated sources of awesome on the Internet. It's bewildering, in a good way.

It's greeeaaat! (Damn Frosted Flakes argh)

I mean, yeah this is definitely where it's at...I can't wait to see what all of the finished games play like (hell, I can't wait till what my finished game plays like ...I don't even know yet lol)

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2007, 09:46:49 PM »

Yeah, it's totally rocking my socks off, too.  I'm convinced this competition will yield better games than a more serious competition would because people can be more relaxed and therefore have more fun making the game.  That fun leads to awesomeness.

I am slightly disappointed that there aren't any lolcats, though...  If I wasn't broke and needing to do some last minute contract work, I'd submit a game centered around lolcats, or a game where every art asset was taken from a video capture of the movie Commando.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 09:50:36 PM by torncanvas » Logged

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »

...or a game where every art asset was taken from a video capture of the movie Commando.
Remember when I said I'd program you last? ...I LIED.
Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2007, 02:18:32 AM »

I think the guys from DoubleFine entering this competition too...

Epic Fighter!

Last release: sync::routine
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2007, 05:35:21 AM »

I finished save the president.

Good luck!Q

Oh I forgot to add "Good job"when you finish it. bye  Cool

Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2007, 02:55:55 PM »

I think the guys from DoubleFine entering this competition too...

Epic Fighter!

Heh. There's a comic based off of it too.
Coyote
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »

i suppose ill enter if i manage to make something in time
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2007, 02:24:49 PM »

Allright, I'm in. Rover Race is in an unpresentable state already (and thus submittable). See the seperate thread about the game for details and development version.

The idea behind this game was inspired by the talk on Braid, and a bit by Sexy Hiking as well, but I don't think this will come across well in the game. As I already said, this is going to be the first game I've ever released, so it might just be bad instead of B-Game-ish. I'll have to work on it with some coarse sand paper in the next days and add some more levels, and we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:54:05 PM by MedO » Logged
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58:42 PM »

Good Job Everyone!!

...but its not over yet...

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2007, 12:49:03 AM »

It better not be! I've had a huge assignment at school that I think I might even fail because I spent so much time working on my B-Game instead.

This is definitely the best contest I've ever taken part in. It's like, "No pressure! It's supposed to be bad!" which is a big difference to most contests which strive for perfection. And it's pretty original.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2007, 02:32:02 AM »

Sames haha, I got some serious strain on my relationship saying 2pacalypse lines around the mrs, she understands it now, she thought I was a crack head at first.  Clearly the best comp ever, thanks for organizing it Smiley

Cant wait to see all the entries!

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2007, 07:29:10 PM »

I agree, it's been nice to shake off the honor/pride/whatever and make some stupid games just for fun. No pressure. Here you are not even sure if winning would be a good or a bad thing. :D

We all win, we are having fun! well, not me, I still have to work 'till very late for the next couple of days to make the deadline...  Huh?

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2007, 12:40:14 AM »

I just finished (ie I refuse to work anymore on this project untill next month). I look forward to seeing what every one else created. I hope our sponsor puts all our entried into an easy to access page so we don't have to comb through the forum posts to find the latest version of every one's game (hint hint).

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2007, 06:36:33 AM »

I hope our sponsor puts all our entried into an easy to access page so we don't have to comb through the forum posts to find the latest version of every one's game

I second that. Also check if all entries are actually downloadable, as I've had problems with one or two.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2007, 06:57:57 AM »

I hope our sponsor puts all our entried into an easy to access page so we don't have to comb through the forum posts to find the latest version of every one's game

I second that. Also check if all entries are actually downloadable, as I've had problems with one or two.

I third that.  Wait... Huh?
Madgarden
Level 1

C=

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2007, 11:32:47 AM »

I may posthumously "enter" a B-game idea I've had kicking around, if I get a free moment or two. Tongue
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2007, 12:11:38 PM »

Kay, my game's done.

Go check.

Now.  Lips Sealed

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic