Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:42:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSUPER III Mobile
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: SUPER III Mobile  (Read 92925 times)
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »

This looks fantastic! The teleporting effects and screen shake really had a great feel.

SUPER 91
Level 0

Make games, not enemies.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2014, 01:09:50 PM »

This looks fantastic! The teleporting effects and screen shake really had a great feel.

Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

It's a shark-dog-goomba-bro. What about it?

Krisjet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2014, 11:19:36 PM »

Just had to drop by this thread and say that this game looks really good! Excited for the finished product Smiley

jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 03:12:20 AM »

Heh. Frog Sord is on alphabetagamer. At least they mentioned that it's dead and linked here...
collider
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 05:59:36 AM »

Wow, this is really shaping up beautifully. I love the mechanic, and the artwork gets better every time I see it. Great work, can't wait to play it.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »

Looking lovely all around. I'm glad you folks are still working on stuff.

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »

Looking lovely all around. I'm glad you folks are still working on stuff.

Thanks, man! Delver art is looking as good as ever!
I saw your tweet about Seattle dev meetups. It's probably about time that I get out to at least a few of those...

SUPER 91
Level 0

Make games, not enemies.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2014, 01:17:33 PM »

You can destroy enemies by teleporting into them, as well as through them. All hail my lazy tiling job.  Cheesy

dek
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2014, 01:30:05 PM »

This looks great, nice to see you guys working on this  Smiley I like the mechanic as a base, surely theres a ton of stuff to implement that can screw with peoples heads. portals?

AleHitti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »

This looks great, nice to see you guys working on this  Smiley I like the mechanic as a base, surely theres a ton of stuff to implement that can screw with peoples heads. portals?

We thought about portals, but as of now I think it's one of the mechanics we cut, because we had too many already (2 per world, 5 worlds). If we have enough time/funding we might bring them back Smiley

dqhendricks
Level 1

There is a small mailbox here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »

Game is looking pretty rad. Any chance of moving horz/vert platforms? I was thinking in early screens that the levels could really use some motion. The later gifs with the moving fog and animations help a lot, but I can really see some moving obstacles/platforms adding some good fun to it if you aren't already planning on it. Keep up the awesome work!

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »

Game is looking pretty rad. Any chance of moving horz/vert platforms? I was thinking in early screens that the levels could really use some motion. The later gifs with the moving fog and animations help a lot, but I can really see some moving obstacles/platforms adding some good fun to it if you aren't already planning on it. Keep up the awesome work!

Vertically moving wall segments (platforms to wall jump off of) are in the game, yes Smiley

SUPER 91
Level 0

Make games, not enemies.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »

BRIEF UPDATE

Hey, guys. I'm working hard this weekend.

I'm wanting to release an open (at least semi-open) alpha build of SUPER III similar to how we did things with FROG SORD a few months back.

I think I'm just going to simplify the whole thing and drop the player in World 1, Level 1. I won't focus on menus or any of the other miscellaneous stuff that isn't quite done yet. It will be a brief preview of the game so that you guys can give feedback on how it looks, but more importantly, how it feels/plays.

As of now, it will probably just be like ten rooms. No alternate missions. Just the "get to the end" variation of each room. For those of you who don't know what I mean by that, don't worry about it.

ANYWAY...

tl;dr

I WANT TO RELEASE A BUILD NEXT WEEKEND.  Hand Metal Left WTF Hand Metal Right

THESE LINES ARE POINTLESS

Just a reminder, SUPER III is literally two weeks into development. Art, code, design. Everything. So it is VERY early, but things are moving fast.

Thanks for the support!  Kiss

Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2014, 01:11:24 AM »

Did anyone mention switching the direction of gravity?
I want to teleport up

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2014, 06:02:19 AM »

Did anyone mention switching the direction of gravity?
I want to teleport up

I've certainly tried it! The original build had 4-directional teleporting. It made for some interesting stuff, but overall just gave the player almost too much maneuverability. The level design just got less interesting and all of my ideas were so easy to break.

I now focus on teleporting for horizontal movement and wall jumping for the more complex vertical segments. However, there will be things like vertical conveyor belts and springs to propel the player upward. If nothing changes, you will start to see that stuff in World 3.

Gentleman

Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2014, 07:32:55 AM »

I didn't explain it right.
I was wondering if the overall direction of gravity would change, along with the directions you can teleport.

Normally, gravity goes down and you're able to teleport left/right.
I was thinking of gravity being switched to go right and you'd be limited to teleport up/down.

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2014, 07:39:07 AM »

I didn't explain it right.
I was wondering if the overall direction of gravity would change, along with the directions you can teleport.

Normally, gravity goes down and you're able to teleport left/right.
I was thinking of gravity being switched to go right and you'd be limited to teleport up/down.

OH. GOTCHA.  Shocked

That uh, hadn't crossed my mind, haha. However, that sounds neat. It would definitely make for some levels that are far more puzzley (I swear that's a word).

I might mess with that after I finish the first-playable. 

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »

a bunch of this is unfinished but also its been a few days since i've gotten something new in here

2nd world preview i guess! this world has a few unique block types so hopefully zack will have something to show w/ those today or tomorrow after i get everything finished up
SUPER 91
Level 0

Make games, not enemies.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2014, 02:12:17 PM »

Winter is coming.

olli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »

This looks super rad, always loved screen wrapping!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic