Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:53:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopBlundis learns to draw
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blundis learns to draw  (Read 1145 times)
blundis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »

Took a long break from making half-finished games, feels like I'm ready to get stuck in. I want to learn more about drawing and animation so I'll try to make something every day and post it here.

First out are a couple of animations, trying to get the motion right so I didn't pay to much attention to keeping things the same size or, you now, prettiness Smiley

The archer turned out OK but I'd like to redo it with fewer frames. I felt good about the sword slash when I did it but now i feel like the motion lacks weight.
blundis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:05:53 PM »

An old walk cycle I did. Looks a bit wonky, like he's repeating the same step over and over.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:08:01 PM »

The archer animation's pretty good, but the sword one is too slow and uniform. The slash should be the quickest frame, and should probably cover the most distance (i.e. from high up to the ground, basically).

As for the little elevator game, you want to be sure that you pay attention to the perspective. Because of the perspective, his legs should appear shorter on one frame (i.e. 1, 2, 3, >4< 5 6), with 2 and 3 and 5 and 6 being frames that he's "recovering" from the strikes that he does with his feet. I like the colors in the example game. Nice work.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic