Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:23:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRazenroth - top-down game, randomly generated [STEAM]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Razenroth - top-down game, randomly generated [STEAM]  (Read 5484 times)
Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »

Razenroth is an action game with a dark atmosphere, and roguelike, RPG elements. Many important things in the game such as - all the levels, weather conditions, distribution and quantity of key elements, are randomly generated.  We want to create over 200 items, like spells, magic potions, skills and equipment. Additionally there will be dozens of monsters, and a few bosses to defeat.

The main character of the game – Charles Carter – is a young journalist who tries to solve the mystery of a curse put on his family. Because of the curse, every dream becomes a nightmare.  He decides to enter the world of nightmares, inhabited by frightening creatures, and get rid of this problem.

First gameplay (alpha version):

We are a small indie team - Enitvare, from Poland. So far we have created one game - Stonerid. It's a platformer, made in XNA. As some of you probably know, Microsoft does not plan to release future versions of XNA, so we decided to switch into Unity 2d. Razenroth will be issued in the fourth quarter of this year, for Windows, Mac and Linux. Today we are going to put Razenroth on Greenlight.

If you're interested in the game, you can also check these websites:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:55:56 PM by Zendalor » Logged

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 12:23:43 PM »

We've just put Razenroth on Steam Greenlight. Please vote and leave your comment:

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:43:41 AM »

We've just replaced old tiles textures with new, more detailed. Now, they look much better and it's easier to see a difference between them. Click the image to enlarge it.

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 05:21:39 AM »

2 short gifs:

Voley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 04:48:22 AM »

Why is it considered "cool" to not show most of the screen in shitty shadows?

Why don't you show more for player to actually see? Too much black shadows doesn't add anything.
Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 05:10:15 AM »

I agree with Voley.
Why is the camera/player view so far out? Its hard to see all those small creatures. You'd think such camera would give you lots of vision over the battlefield, but here it doesn't because all of it is hidden in shadows.  Ninja I know its night and its suppose to be dark, but still. The trees also don't have much contrast with the ground.
Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »

Why don't you show more for player to actually see? Too much black shadows doesn't add anything.

Thanks for your opinion. I know it's too dark in some locations now, but we will change it a little.

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 10:57:37 AM »

looks like "diablo with explosions" to me - which i'd say is very good.

all outdoor - no indoor dungeons? seems like that would go great with this game.

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 11:01:27 AM »

I agree with Voley.
Why is the camera/player view so far out? Its hard to see all those small creatures. You'd think such camera would give you lots of vision over the battlefield, but here it doesn't because all of it is hidden in shadows.  Ninja I know its night and its suppose to be dark, but still. The trees also don't have much contrast with the ground.

We'll give (probably) possibility to change the camera distance, so everyone will be able to set own settings.

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »

First screenshot of Desolation - third land in Razenroth. There is no lights yet, because it's not in-game screenshot.

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »

In November we've started to work much more on Razenroth, after a few really weak months. We've made a big progress with an interface, special environment elements, spells, pets, stats, sounds and many more.

A very cool thing is a fact that Razenroth got greenlit quite recently, so now we want to work even harder to complete it. Today I would like to show you a few interface screenshots.

Soon we'll show some more updates.

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »

The underground caves - one of the further location in Razenroth. Still unfinished, but even now it looks quite promising.

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »

Razenroth is almost completed. There are some minor things to do, however the release date is soon to be announced. Now take a look at 3 screenshots from 3 different locations.

Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »

Razenroth is finally completed and arrives on Steam next week! Release date: 28 Aug, 2015.
Check out the store page now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/340830/

There is also one new thing, which I would like to share with you - Official Game Trailer:

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 01:24:59 PM »

This looks awesome! Good luck with the game! :-) Looking forward to it.

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
Zendalor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 01:53:09 PM »

Razenroth is now available on Steam for $4.99!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/340830/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic