Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:51:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[WIP] IO - Reflection Puzzle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [WIP] IO - Reflection Puzzle  (Read 931 times)
oranebeast
Level 0

Head of Team Retronome

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 04:13:49 PM »

First i'd like to say hello to TIG for my first post.  Smiley
Second Im going to get straight to work.

Platform : Windows
Version : 0.8
Genre : Puzzle

I would like to introdcue you to a puzzle game, Which involves getting the bullet form the blue tank (player) to destroy the red tank (enemy).. I made this game in 13-ish hours for LD29  
a few months back and would like suggestions for a post compo version.

Links:

DOWNLOAD :
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-29/?action=preview&uid=33501
(Play LD29-A.exe)

ADDITIONAL SURVEY (please take) : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zbz3AYEqq6eXzu9YwNETKJw6PSiB06-_Itoag5gH0hY/viewform

Many thanks, orane.
(Made in GameMaker and proud of it!)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:40:31 PM by oranebeast » Logged
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »

I like it. It seems a bit easy, but I imagine it gets trickier later. I kinda like the music and the graphics are decent. They remind me of some old DOS games I used to play, but some of the colors are maybe a bit dark. I like the music in the B version better, but the A version is all right too.

Suggestions:

-Improve the mouse control. Clicking is only responsive on certain parts of each grid square. Also, when placing an object, the cursor was often in a very different place from the object I was carrying.
-Let players move objects that have already been placed.
-Change the rotation setup. Maybe use the mouse wheel, or just click and drag a line from the object in the direction you want it to face.
-Let portals work in both directions (preferred) OR put the blue portal on the left in the interface, so it seems more like the one to start with.
-Pause the timer between levels while the player is unable to do anything. I don't really like the timer at all, but that's just personal preference. I would prefer a timer for each level.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
oranebeast
Level 0

Head of Team Retronome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »

Hi Quicksand! Thanks for your review, I can see your issues but be aware that rclick removes objects (excluding the bomb due to a last minute glitch) I plan to turn the game into an app and understand the rotation suggestions... Thank you!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic