Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:43:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFallow Sense: Goldenfish Arts Edition
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fallow Sense: Goldenfish Arts Edition  (Read 2762 times)
Jolli
« on: January 01, 2009, 12:33:56 AM »

link: http://www.robosquid.com/projects/275
hiscore: http://fallowsense.awardspace.com/hscores.php

happy new years
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:38:50 PM by evelynn » Logged
increpare
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:08:03 AM »

Interesting.  The wrapping mechanic is nice, though I haven't been able to find much use for it except when I'm trapped and it's a possible escape route: it's too much of a risk to go near the top of the screen usually I think.  Left-right wrapping works better though, I guess.  Or, am I missing something?

Having the screen tilt about is very effective as a method of confusion  Apoplectic

Lack of sound effects is laaaaame. I trust you have plans to add some?

The main menu seems really...unresponsive...

The visual aesthetic is nice (I'm so-so on the music: it seems quite...loud...that's a personal opinion though that I wouldn't expect many others to necessarily share), though the size of the craft makes it feel a bit unwieldy and difficult to maneuver.  No doubt with practice you get used to this though, I'm guessing?
Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 04:35:37 AM »

Not bad, I really like the "powerups shoot from where the mouse is" mechanic. Needs more explosions... Also, a smaller player hitbox would probably make the game play a little better. Anyway, nice effort, good work etc.

Oh, the screen wrapping is pretty handy for escaping enemy shots, especially those that fire in the general direction of the player. The way the screen twists at some points is very off-putting, but interesting.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:47:18 AM by SlayerXL » Logged
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 07:52:13 PM »

Ahahha, you beat my high score SlayerXL If you are, in fact, Stargoat. But I also see you played it more times Wink

Cool as game Jolli though it has a lot of really little things that frustrate me, like enemy ship bullets being the same colour as your own  Huh?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic