Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:53:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTobias and the Dark Sceptres - Released after 13 years
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Tobias and the Dark Sceptres - Released after 13 years  (Read 36350 times)
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »

i just wanted to say that is a brilliant and awesomely directed movie. i feel motivated and inspired and i need to find a windows machine to play this game
nnn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »

I can't get past the font installation prompt - and the font is already installed!
Just press any key to make the prompt disappear. Then you'll have to boot up "Tobias and the Dark Sceptres.exe" again. Is it still coming back?

Yep, I tried that. But it's working now... strange!
radiokenny
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »

How can I pay for this game? I know that it's free, but I would like to pay. Thanks
vlaube
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »

Great game. Works fine on a Mac using Wineskin.

Finished: Working on:
vvvplanet
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »

I'm playing on Windows 8 with compatibility Windows XP Service Pack 3 and found impossible to even jump down from the first platform: the game keeps freezing every couple of seconds for around three seconds. Could it be a bug or there is something wrong with the system?
Need more info on the computer? [weirdly it worked without too but I switched to the compatibility in an attempt to fix the problem]

Can't wait to solve the problem. . . hope it's possible. . .
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »

i need to find a windows machine to play this game
I'm told that this works on Mac with WineBottler and Linux with WINE 1.7. Hoorah! Beer!

How can I pay for this game? I know that it's free, but I would like to pay. Thanks
Yay! Hand Money Left Smiley Hand Money Right The easiest way to give donations is to buy the soundtrack. Name your price! Whatever you can give is very much appreciated.

Lastly I just added a TORRENT link here:
http://www.tobiasgame.co.uk/download.php
Can people let me know it works? Thanks.

HomeStarRunnerTron
Level 0

"Death by JELLO is highly unlikely."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »

i need to find a windows machine to play this game
I'm told that this works on Mac with WineBottler and Linux with WINE 1.7. Hoorah! Beer!

It sure does! I just created a pre-packaged application of Tobias for Mac, if you want to share it with anybody! :  )
DOWNLOAD (MAC OS X) FROM MEGA HERE

Also, while I haven't played it quite yet because I was too busy learning how to emulate it so I could play it properly (spent aaaall morning on it!), I'd just like to tell you what an inspiration this story is, how gorgeous the gameplay looks (sprite flipping & general laziness has always annoyed me, too) and how ingenious -- and totally obsessive!-- everything about this game is. As someone who's currently trying to make a game and had a very similar past with making ridiculous games for myself, I can't tell you how much I respect your vision and how completely profound your video was to me! Gomez This is, without a doubt, the Thief and the Cobbler of games, with you as Richard Williams, and thank goodness you didn't have a team working on it, or I think they would've ruined it. Ain't nothing like a real honest-to-goodness one-person effort, and this is exactly the sort of game I want to play. Thank you very, very much and have a fantastic day and beyond!
One-bit Punch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 05:43:26 PM »

I watched the video yesterday through Gamasutra and thoroughly enjoyed it, just want to say CONGRATULATIONS on finally getting the game out there!! The sheer dedication of sticking with the game for all those years.. I can't even begin to imagine. Your game will appreciate you for it  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

NoodleChow
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »

Just saw the promo/docu video on Gamasutra and it was adorable, amazing, and inspiring. Will give the game a try out of sheer principle. Congrats!! :D
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 11:13:46 PM »

Congrats! ('v ')

AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:37 AM »

Kiss Thanks for all the support guys!

You know, I'd love to get The Game That Time Forgot onto the TIGSource front page. Anyone know the best way to do that? I just think that Derek Yu and gang might get a kick out of it.

agingminotaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 01:25:28 AM »

Very impressive! Persistence pays off. I just tried it out on Linux (using Wine and the downloadable installer), and it seems to work fine. Hope to find the time to try it out properly soon.

As always,
Minotauros

homeTIGSourceitch.io
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 03:55:09 AM »

Congrats for sticking with it so long!!

How did you feel by the end with stuff like Game Maker looking so useful nowadays?

Lord_Santa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 04:50:27 AM »

just signed up, only to tell you that I'm thoroughly enjoying your game.
watched the video of it and figured I'd give it a go.

it feels genuinely fresh and has a nice sense of flow to it.
of course the controls bugged me as well; but that was easily remedied by using X-padder and my USB-arcade-stick (just bound the various keys in-game to various buttons on my stick).

now it plays just wonderfully.

congratulations on release and I do hope this gets more attention; it's a well-crafted game (within its limitations) and I've found no major bugs thus far.
bitterjack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 06:16:38 AM »

Hey Adam! Your game is really addicting. I'm playing the game on hard and is difficulty Harkens back to the days of when I played megaman 2, butt even megaman felt more forgiving than your game lol (or maybe I'm not remembering correctly).

I posted my review on r/IndieGaming on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/comments/28lxdn/did_anyone_actually_play_the_game_that_time/

I am stuck however. I've gotten to the cathedral and I can go and get the lens just fine, but the game keeps crashing on me when I get to the room with the mouse. I'm running on Windows 7, full-screen, direct X disabled.

Edit; I found that doing the talisman mission first works and doesn't crash. I've gone on to sentinor.

Please tell me what I can do to finish the game.

Thank you for all your effort!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:10:47 AM by bitterjack » Logged
rikfuzz
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 07:23:39 AM »

Have you thought about importing it to a later version of MMF?  MMF2 and Fusion 2.5 have been released since, and could maybe generate a less buggy build?

(Edit:  Not suggesting it's especially buggy, just stuff like the paste-into-background type errors have presumably been solved)
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »

So I just looked at my amazon server bill and it's way too much... Cry

If anyone can recommend a mirror site I'd be grateful...

Also torrent here.

tharuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 11:55:31 AM »

"Cannot load volume. COX. This objet might need an external program or library  not yet installed."

This is a error message I'm having at 7 chapter. Any idea how to fix it?
pr4nq
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »

So I think its only fair a man who worked 13 years on something (i'm a fellow developer) and stuck with it.. its only fair I give it a chance! Smiley so I did.. and I can already say I'm kinda stuck at level 5 right now (no worries), but dude your game is awesome I know its a pain in the butt and not recommended to have so much different content per level like you have but I really appreciate that you did this..

Also I can't even fathom how you released your game for free lol!! after that much work it would make me cry to do so but this shows your more of a man than most of us and I guess that completes the awesomeness that is this game..

From the video I was like well im not 100% sure about the art but i'll try it anyways.. once I started playing the game I was actually impressed with some of your work it all felt good.. Of course DirectX did exactly what you said it would and once I unchecked it I didnt even notice it missing anymore lol.. but the game run perfectly so far on my Windows 7 machine.. If you need anything in particular tested or want to ask me something in specific since im a consumer then go for it I don't mind to answer or help you in any way!

Thank you again for allowing us to play this for free.. so far its awesome man and your boss fights and puzzles are well planned.. The only thing I don't like so far is the fact that every level seems like a puzzle and I'm not a puzzle guy I prefer straight forward action like the old metroid, crystalis, zelda, ninja gaiden.. but I can look past that because thats just my preference!

AWESOME GAME SO FAR MAN !! Smiley Hope that helps give back to the 13 years you put into this atleast knowing people like it!
Snow
Level 0

experienced gamer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »

Adam, just from the trailer alone this game feels original and the puzzles look creative. Definitely giving this a go.Smiley I'll post again, after I've wrapped it.

A pencil, blank paper and an empty room is all you need.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic