Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:45:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTobias and the Dark Sceptres - Released after 13 years
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Tobias and the Dark Sceptres - Released after 13 years  (Read 36252 times)
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 03:15:41 PM »

"Cannot load volume. COX. This objet might need an external program or library  not yet installed."
Damn - I use a volume changing tool from Chap 7 onwards, and it seems to be causing you problems.

The only solution I can think of - try downloading this volume.cox file. And then put it in every folder you can think of: The game's root folder, the Data folder, Windows folder, System folder. Let me know if that works Shrug

I've gotten to the cathedral and I can go and get the lens just fine, but the game keeps crashing on me when I get to the room with the mouse.
Edit; I found that doing the talisman mission first works and doesn't crash.
An odd bug that and one I couldn't recreate myself - when exactly did it crash? Were you holding the lens or had you left it on one of those holders in the other room? Which door are you coming in from? Glad you found a workaround in the meantime.

No 3D object on Chap 10 Room 1
I've got some reports of this on email. Here's the solution:

-Check in  C:/Windows/ and see if there's a file there called Tobias3Dfile.fdb
-If there isn't, you can find a copy of it back in your Tobias folder: Data/Tobias3Dfile.fdb . Just copy it over.
-The other problem would be if your Windows is mapped to a different letter than "C:/". If it is, make an empty C:/Windows/ folder and put Tobias3Dfile.fdb in there.

If that doesn't solve it, I made a cheatcode for this one level: Once the baddies are dead, press 5 on the Number Pad, and make sure Num Lock is on.

I can't solve x puzzle!
Do try the Puzzle Solver.exe in your Tobias folder. It's a great spoiler-minimal interactive walkthrough.

Thanks all the feedback and support forumers! Coffee

bitterjack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »

Quote from: AdamButcher link=topic=41361.msg1033191#msg1033191 33191#msg1033191 date=1403306141

An odd bug that and one I couldn't recreate myself - when exactly did it crash? Were you holding the lens Or had you left it on one of those holders in the other room? Which door are you coming in from? Glad you found a workaround in the meantime.

Thanks for the response Adam.

The problem happened when after I got the lens I went into the room with the mouse and as I was attacking the laser eye mage the framerate would drop to a halt maybe going 1 frame every 30 seconds or minute. I had the lens and the light gem things, because I thought I might need them in the next room. It's pretty unlikely that I left it in the holder. 

Another buggy thing is when you are fighting the king, in the second part, the arrows drop into the wings of the orbs and you can't retrieve them. Forcing you to restart the entire fight.
HomeStarRunnerTron
Level 0

"Death by JELLO is highly unlikely."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »

So I just looked at my amazon server bill and it's way too much... Cry

If anyone can recommend a mirror site I'd be grateful...

I use PowWeb for all my webhosting!

And, of course, if you just want a good place to download your big ol' game from, I highly suggest MEGA, or perhaps 4Shared. MEGA especially is super fast.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:55:19 PM by HomeStarRunnerTron » Logged
callidae
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »

It delights me when I see a labour of love such as this. I've started playing, of course I'm getting stuck, but I'll sure I'll work it all out. So far it seems to be working on my Windows8 rig, - time will tell. It's a charming game, and will be soaking up far to much of my time, methinks!.

Well done.

Callan
Alberto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 01:09:12 AM »

Very cool, congrats on the release! I just tried it on my Mac and it's definitely got a unique style and very creative. I just got to the second chapter so I'll have to try some more but I like how you don't quite know what to expect from one area to the next, keeps you on your toes. Like everyone mentioned, the key bindings are just awkward but they work and will probably get used to it after a while. Great job seeing this one through!

tharuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2014, 05:54:07 AM »

Let me know if that works
It doesn't works.  Cry
tommyxt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »

Awesome game.
I was playing it for the past 2 days.
I am now stuck at Chapter 6.
I'm not sure what to do after getting the feather.
Hopefully someone that got past this part can help me.

Update: Got up to Chapter 8, and now I'm stuck again!
I think I'm missing a new item to continue the quest, but I'm not sure where to find it. If anyone wanna give me a hint it would be nice
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 02:53:40 PM by tommyxt » Logged
pr4nq
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 08:25:49 PM »

Not to take away from this game any but your teletrooper game is pretty fricken awesome to man!! props Smiley (and somewhat hard but achievable haha)

now my broke leg bed ridden life isnt so boring! Smiley 2 games to dive into brb ! lol
bitterjack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2014, 11:31:57 PM »

Awesome game.
I was playing it for the past 2 days.
I am now stuck at Chapter 6.
I'm not sure what to do after getting the feather.
Hopefully someone that got past this part can help me.

I think I'm missing a new item to continue the quest, but I'm not sure where to find it. If anyone wanna give me a hint it would be nice

Hey can you be more specific about where you are lost?
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2014, 04:20:37 AM »

Let me know if that works
It doesn't works.  Cry
OK man - I made you a version of the game where there is no Volume.cox object. Download it here and put it in the "Data" folder (overwriting the original Tobias_P2.exe). Hopefully that'll work  Beg

Feel free to use the Puzzle Solver.exe that can be found in your game folder. It's a perfect spoiler-minimal tool for getting unstuck. Of course, asking the nice people on here will also work!

Louis Protano
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2014, 04:21:43 AM »

I'm loving playing this game so far (currently on chapter 6). It feels very good to play from a core-mechanical standpoint. The puzzles are satisfying and I think you've got some awesome ideas. You've inspired me to work a game I started a couple of years ago.
Congrats on finally finishing Tobias and the Dark Scepters =] Looking forward to finishing it myself =P
hin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2014, 04:55:04 AM »

Congratulations on finishing this game. I'm enjoying it so far (Chap. 5).

Nice job!
bitterjack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »

Hey Adam, I just wanted to let you know that you're blowing up on reddit. If I were you I would strike while the iron is hot and do a small AMA for r/gaming. I'm not sure if you need any more Internet fame, but I think you could do a lot to stoke the fires of Fandom.

People love a proactive author.

Anyways just letting you know.

Ps. I hate those blood sucking flying shadow minions. probably the worst part about chaos form.
richie33
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »

OK man - I made you a version of the game where there is no Volume.cox object. Download it here and put it in the "Data" folder (overwriting the original Tobias_P2.exe). Hopefully that'll work  Beg

Hey, I have been having issues with volume.COX as well. I have tried everything, from running as an admin, to trying the alternate version of the EXE. The game still isn't working for me. Any ideas?
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »

Hey, I have been having issues with volume.COX as well. I have tried everything, from running as an admin, to trying the alternate version of the EXE. The game still isn't working for me.
I just double-checked the file and it still had a trace of volume.cox in there. Just updated the file to fix it again - this should do the trick.  Embarrassed

Strike while the iron is hot and do a small AMA for r/gaming. I'm not sure if you need any more Internet fame, but I think you could do a lot to stoke the fires of Fandom.
Smiley A good idea - but I think the viral peak has passed now. Can't see it on r/gaming any more anyway. Or do I just not understand reddit? Shrug

Ps. I hate those blood sucking flying shadow minions. probably the worst part about chaos form.
Yeah sorry about them. They stress me out as well but I'm evil like that  Evil
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:34:02 PM by AdamButcher » Logged

richie33
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2014, 08:20:19 PM »

Hey, I have been having issues with volume.COX as well. I have tried everything, from running as an admin, to trying the alternate version of the EXE. The game still isn't working for me.
I just double-checked the file and it still had a trace of volume.cox in there. Just updated the file to fix it again - this should do the trick.

Well you fixed one problem, but now I'm getting another error for colourconv.cox.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:55:28 PM by richie33 » Logged
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2014, 11:55:03 PM »

Well you fixed one problem, but now I'm getting another error for colourconv.cox.
Ha ha, OK let me fix that tonight. Thanks for your patience.

AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »

OK here goes, updated the file once again HERE. Fingers crossed.

richie33
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »

OK here goes, updated the file once again HERE. Fingers crossed.

Nope, still got an error for ColourConv.cox.
tharuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »

Nope, still got an error for ColourConv.cox.

Me too, but you are close, I can feel it.  Beer!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic