Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:02:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTobias and the Dark Sceptres - Released after 13 years
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Tobias and the Dark Sceptres - Released after 13 years  (Read 36337 times)
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »

Nope, still got an error for ColourConv.cox.
Me too, but you are close, I can feel it.  Beer!

FUUUUUUUUUUU Angry I found the culprit hidden in the game. Hopefully this will work HERE.

Please don't let there be another .cox...

richie33
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43:16 PM »

FUUUUUUUUUUU Angry I found the culprit hidden in the game. Hopefully this will work HERE.

Please don't let there be another .cox...
Aaaaand it works! Now I can finally die at the hands of tree people. Thanks!
vbarreiro
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I just finished your game. It was amazing! I mean, yes it's got rough edges here and there, but I think most of it adds to the game rather than takes away. It was an experience I was not expecting, something more creative than your avarage non-3D Zelda, and you had me SO tempted to use the guide SO MANY times! Can I expect a sequel when I'm 41? Haha just kidding. It'd be nice, though. I hope some big company finds you and you earn big bucks in the industry, because so many developers could take a page or two fro your book. Not to mention, you did the game practically by yourself! Seriously, that was probably the shortest credits screen I have seen in my lifetime, including all the characters/bosses/monsters! Which by the way, you took the time to name. The time you spent on this really shows, as this is not "one more game". It's a dream, a passion that was thoroughly worked. And boy was that final boss awesome! On my top 10 for sure! I defeated him with only a sliver of health, and then, BAM! Super final boss! Everything was really well thought out. Man, I don't know if you appreciate this, but know that one random Mexican around will rest easy knowing that developers like you exist, that you are not some dream we made up. Thank you for making this game.
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2014, 09:38:41 AM »

And boy was that final boss awesome! On my top 10 for sure! I defeated him with only a sliver of health, and then, BAM! Super final boss!
Kiss Hey man, I really appreciated your review. Particularly the quote above.

Two questions: any estimate how many hours it took you to complete? What difficulty did you play on?

Thanks for being a fan  Beer!

Venomlemon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2014, 11:24:58 AM »

I look forward playing this one once I've got some spare time Smiley I also make sure to spread  some word to friends of mine who might like it.

Yo, stalk me on Twittter
Evine
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »

This game, oh my.
I’ve finished the game, and I wanted to say it was an amazing experience. the puzzle design is mind blowing delicious, it’s basically a blueprint of perfect design.
The constant shifting of mechanics made me fall in awe.

I loved how the graphics grew from, effortful but crappy, to really great. Especially chapter 10 was polished.
Music wise it some of the tracks did get a little grinding on the ears. But most of it was decently good (Perchance to Dream, my ears nuuuu)
The story was epicly cliche, a true hero Tobias.

Thank you
I've sent some money your way
artician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »

I can't defeat Magmorarch's first form.  I get him to the point where there is smoke pouring from his mouth, and then I'm unable to figure out how to get the bombs to ignite.

Thanks in advance for any help!
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2014, 12:57:52 AM »

I can't defeat Magmorarch's first form.  I get him to the point where there is smoke pouring from his mouth, and then I'm unable to figure out how to get the bombs to ignite.
Here's a clue: The ground in this level is surprisingly fertile.

If you get stuck anywhere else, feel free to try the Puzzle Solver.exe that's in your game folder. It keeps spoilers to a minimal.

artician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2014, 04:12:11 AM »

Thanks Adam!
I love the puzzle solver also.  Great idea.  It just didn't hint at that solution I don't believe.
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »

Congratulations Adam!  Smiley
Lord_Chaos
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2014, 07:30:44 AM »

(I do not speak English, this is a translation) Commands (zxc and asx) do not work for me, I have to use Shift, Ctrl and Tab to play, have no idea what it could be?
Little Nando
Level 1

Working on Tough Coded Project

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2014, 09:01:02 AM »

This game rocks!!!  Big Laff

Little Nando / Twitter / Blog
izakkh
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2014, 07:09:50 AM »

Adam! What a fantastic game and beautiful, beautiful trailer you did, man.
 I can barely imagine the feelings of "oh my god its finished." when you realized that the work from 13 years was finally done. How much of willpower it might takes to untirelessly check and change over and over again all the project, staring its 'face' many times!

Is there any way we can either buy the game or send support money for the project? Or plans to make it possible in the future, idk.
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »

What a fantastic game and beautiful, beautiful trailer you did, man.
Is there any way we can either buy the game or send support money for the project?
Kiss Thank you! Yeah it's a real relief to have it finished.
If you'd like to support me and the game, you can pay-what-you want for the soundtrack. It's really the best way.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:27:57 AM by AdamButcher » Logged

TwiiK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2014, 11:32:24 AM »

I'm at chapter 11 now at what I assume is the last boss. I hate pattern recognition type bosses with a passion so I doubt I'll beat this one, but I must say that the game as a whole was excellent. Smiley

The intricacy of some of the puzzles made me wonder how much of this game is created by the older you and how much is by the younger you? I can't imagine myself creating or even thinking of such puzzles at the age of 14. :p

The combat was by far the weakest part of the game in my opinion. The puzzles were amazing and the story and soundtrack were fitting as well. Obviously the whole interface with the game, menus, controls etc. felt dated, but they got the job done. The puzzle solver was excellent. I had to resort to it at one point in the game.

I'm playing on medium difficulty and I started playing it when you released the initial trailer. Not sure how long it took me to reach this point, but I've played an hour or so every other day probably. I would feel like I got my money's worth if I had bought this for 10 bucks or what the usual asking price for indie games is on steam.

Your initial trailer got me more hyped for this game than any other game I've played recently. I've grown really bored of the AAA junk and even the popular indie games are not really interesting these days with so many jumping on the open world survival bandwagon.

I loved the "no bullshit" attitude of the puzzles in this game. They felt hard, but rewarding and even though you said that creating unique puzzles and game mechanics for some many areas of the game was one of the reasons for the long development time it was also the most fun part of the game. You really had no idea what to expect when playing.
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2014, 02:08:02 PM »

@TwiiK A good analysis, and I agree with a lot of it. Glad you got a kick out of the puzzles and unexpected dynamics - that was always my favourite part.

The intricacy of some of the puzzles made me wonder how much of this game is created by the older you and how much is by the younger you?
Unlike graphics/combat/playability, I never went back and updated the puzzles. So they're from young and old me! Chap 1's puzzles are from when I was 14, going up to the final chapter's puzzles when I was probably around 22.

I'm at chapter 11 now at what I assume is the last boss.
Who, Me? There's an amazing Chapter 12. If you're finding Chapter 11 hard, you could try it on Easy difficulty (select Previous Chapters --> Easy in the menu).

Thanks for the feedback again. Beer!

Tsagu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2014, 07:35:41 PM »

Got the game and I thoroughly enjoy it. Is there anyway I can record it with say Fraps?
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »

Got the game and I thoroughly enjoy it. Is there anyway I can record it with say Fraps?

I used Fraps myself to make the trailer, just had to turn on the Monitor Aero Desktop. Have fun! Hand Any KeySmiley

Limmu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2014, 03:42:43 AM »

Hey there, I've been playing the game and it's amazing, but I'm stuck on chapter 10, I've checked the puzzlesolver but it doesn't help much. After killing those shadow creatures I need to see a red sign above that portal thingy, however, I can't see it. with directX on or off, in fullscreen or in windowed. I only see the beam and not the figure. Can you help me?
TwiiK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2014, 04:13:00 AM »

Hey there, I've been playing the game and it's amazing, but I'm stuck on chapter 10, I've checked the puzzlesolver but it doesn't help much. After killing those shadow creatures I need to see a red sign above that portal thingy, however, I can't see it. with directX on or off, in fullscreen or in windowed. I only see the beam and not the figure. Can you help me?

I solved that puzzle by sheer luck the first time as the door opened before I understood what was going on so you could try just running on the treadmills on either side of the screen a couple of times and see if the door opens. Smiley The red sign is a 3d cube and you need to rotate it such that the side facing you resembles the symbol next to the door. The left treadmill roates the cube horizontally and the right one rotates it vertically if I remember correctly. Not that it really matters if you can't see the cube. Smiley

If there are more chapters I guess I'll put in the time and finish the game. :p
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic