Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:53:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralRE: Games as Art Topic....
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: RE: Games as Art Topic....  (Read 4854 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2007, 09:22:56 AM »

Sorry guys, I hadn't realized that this topic was already done to death here... I wouldn't have posted it otherwise. I am still new here so I figured I'd start a descent topic off but alas, I should have realized that this would be a topic that was already brought up many times before. I apologize for repeating the topic.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »

Cool man, no problem!  But this is an even worse topic. :D
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »

lol...I am going to have to come up with something then....I don't want to be known as the "shitty topic" guy lol

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 09:37:20 AM »

Hmmm...Maybe that should be your new custom title! Grin

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 09:39:33 AM »

Sorry guys, I hadn't realized that this topic was already done to death here... I wouldn't have posted it otherwise. I am still new here so I figured I'd start a descent topic off but alas, I should have realized that this would be a topic that was already brought up many times before. I apologize for repeating the topic.

Let's turn this into a Descent topic, then. Wink

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 09:40:37 AM »

Hmmm...Maybe that should be your new custom title! Grin

And so it should be....I like it Smiley Better than being known as "that asshole that always says stuff everyone else already has said guy" lol
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 09:13:13 PM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 09:41:50 AM »

Let's turn this into a Descent topic, then. Wink

lol....that is what happens when you have been up all night, Decent turns into Descent lol

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 09:42:18 AM »

Yes I was waiting for a descent topic. I love that game. Descent 3 is the best one.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »

I haven't played it yet...I thought about buying it the other day based on a bunch of good reviews I had read but I didn't know if I should....how is it?

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 09:44:46 AM »

It's descent.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 09:47:38 AM »

It's descent.

lol...yeah I think I'll have to check it out...I have heard a lot about it....I am just apprehensive about buying new games sometimes but there probably is a demo right?

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »

Descent is absolutely awesome. So awesome. I did prefer the first game to the third though, even though I pretty much only had the demo of the first one and the full game of the third...

I also played some Descent 2 multiplayer - now that's an intense multiplayer experience. Absolutely amazing.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 09:49:37 AM »

Right on, I have heard tons of good stuff about it...I guess I am just lazy lol....I think later on I'll have to download the demo to my Windows 98 pc....it runs on Win98 right?

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »

Yep!

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »

Yep!

Sweet! I just got a new (ok, not new but new to me lol) desktop with a Win98 setup from my girlfriend's mom (she is a teacher and the school was offloading computers) so I'll have to download the demo to there and see what all of the fuss is about...

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 05:16:27 AM »

Share the wealth and link the demo when you find it Wink

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 05:19:45 AM »

Share the wealth and link the demo when you find it Wink

Descent Demo

Here you go:)

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 07:35:18 AM »

I found descent 2 to for $5. http://www.5dollarsoftware.com/descentii.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:01:34 AM by HandCraftedRadio » Logged

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 06:32:27 AM »

You might think I'm kinda gay for saying this...

When I was a young kid and I got Descent bundled in a CD-ROM with my first multimedia PC I got so much into the game. I remember that this game was like crack for me. But I also remember how the game scared the shit out of me in so many gay ways, like when an enemy got me from my back, when a respawn point suddenly materialized one of those small, pesky green robots of missile-doom, and, *gulp* when you started to hear the strange noise the Boss made. Descent is scarier than Doom IMHO XD I played Doom before and while it scared the shit out of me, Descent just made me pee in my pants XD (the pee part is a lie)

Good game, brings back a lot of memories!

Keops

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 06:34:53 AM »

You might think I'm kinda gay for saying this...

When I was a young kid and I got Descent bundled in a CD-ROM with my first multimedia PC I got so much into the game. I remember that this game was like crack for me. But I also remember how the game scared the shit out of me in so many gay ways, like when an enemy got me from my back, when a respawn point suddenly materialized one of those small, pesky green robots of missile-doom, and, *gulp* when you started to hear the strange noise the Boss made. Descent is scarier than Doom IMHO XD I played Doom before and while it scared the shit out of me, Descent just made me pee in my pants XD (the pee part is a lie)

Good game, brings back a lot of memories!

Keops

lol....that reminds me of playing Resident Evil at like 1am with all the lights off....good times, good times

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic