Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:03:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVane
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Vane  (Read 37992 times)
agingminotaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »

Intriguing, indeed. Are you planning a Linux release?

As always,
Minotauros

homeTIGSourceitch.io
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »

*long drag from cigarette*

looks alright

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »

*long drag from cigarette*

looks alright
Okay that really made me laugh.

Yes nice visuals - looking to see where it's all headed.

Kiritsu Games
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »

Hell yeah, been waiting for something like this since Ico!
I'm sensing an unforgettable gaming session on the way  Wink

Força nisso, mestre Rui! Ninja
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »

I really want to re-make your run cycle! but other than that, this looks really cool!

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »

I really want to re-make your run cycle! but other than that, this looks really cool!

but its got that snappy jerky ico sotc run goin on

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 05:48:51 AM »

run cycle looks good imo

blackarm
Level 0

VALHALLA

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 05:58:44 AM »

please don't touch it, you'll make it look bad...
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 06:21:33 AM »

Great to see some more devs from Japan over here (Lucas Pope is another with Obra Dinn - http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40832.135;topicseen ).

Any details on the overall game structure as it relates to pacing, narrative, mechanics development, etc.?

play hydlide 2
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 07:04:15 AM »

Any details on the overall game structure as it relates to pacing, narrative, mechanics development, etc.?

Cmon now. You know devlogs here are just for posting gifs and nothing else.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 08:47:32 AM »

Great to see some more devs from Japan over here (Lucas Pope is another with Obra Dinn - http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40832.135;topicseen ).

Lucas Pope lives in Japan? I always thought he was Arstotzkan...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:04:14 AM by Slader16 » Logged

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2014, 08:50:29 AM »

Waoh, saw this in a bunch of websites, wasn't expecting it here. Looks pretty good and I hope you keep this devlog updated Smiley

Despite the lack of info, a lot of people are already comparing it to Ico and The Last Guardian, since 2 of the devs came from Team ICO. How are you guys handling that?]

Also, did you also worked on SotC/ICO or just The Last Guardian? Just out of curiosity...

acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 07:30:29 AM »

I would Kickstart this in a heartbeat, based on the artwork alone, but your Team Ico pedigree helps immensely Wink

Can we see any bigger screenshots?  These would make perfect wallpaper.

Amazing work - good luck!

RasmusDeguchi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 08:12:11 PM »

Hey folks!

So, what's going on? After we were sort of caught with our pants down having our website discovered by intrepid NeoGAF:ers last week just as we were gearing up to unveil it ourselves, we've had a mad scramble answering the press, getting the website atleast functional, not to mention start this whole devlog thingy to get things going. It's been a totally crazy but fun first week. Obviously we couldn't have dreamt up a better response to this if we tried, so again, we're really happy to see people getting excited about Vane. Now all we have to do is deliver Smiley Hint: It's terrifying.

I wanted to do a little breakdown of how we see this devlog going forward, so without further ado:

DEVLOG UPDATES:
We see us doing some more in-depth breakdowns of different features or aspects of the game rather than posting continuously about every bit of progress we make. Being a story-based game that relies on discovery & mystery, this probably makes the most sense, and hopefully still gives people interesting stuff to look at in a reasonably non-spoilery way. Making these devlog features will take a bit of time, but it's the kinda thing that gets us excited about other people's devlogs in a nerdy developer way, so we definitely want to take the time to make 'em. In between that we want to answer as many questions as we can, and sneak in some more of those gifs all the kids are talking about these days. If there are already specific things you'd like to see featured, by all means let us know! We know we are being obnoxiously mysterious right now, but we want to try to avoid spoiling features at least until they can be shown off properly in the devlog.

WHERE WE ARE AT:
We have a prototype up and running after a few months of work, and while we're happy with what we managed to create in that time, the prototype is pretty basic. In moving towards tying the gameplay to the story we want to tell, some of the things on the first order of business are:

• Creating the interaction & puzzle system proper
  • Improving the player interactions & visual feedback
  • Making a proper camera system for both indoor & outdoor environments
  • Creating a larger puzzle segment that ties into the overall goal of the game
  • Putting these together in a build more representative of the final product

As these systems and features come together we'll be sure to post about 'em. For other future posts we're thinking of doing something about how we create environment assets, sound creation, a post about effects and maybe talk a little about the art direction in general.

Questions? Thoughts? Suggestions? Let us know!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:39:56 PM by RasmusDeguchi » Logged

Backseat Driver at Friend & Foe. Vane Devlog
bocil_mania
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 11:30:05 PM »

wow.. nice art. Hope this isn't console exclusive.  Cheesy

RasmusDeguchi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »

KingNewbs: Thanks Smiley

agingminotaur: We're not set on platforms beyond PC at this stage but of course we want to be on as many as we can. Using Unity that shouldn't be the biggest hurdle.

Rabbit: Smiley

Tuba: We hope that as the game grows and people learn more about it the comparisons will die down a little and let it stand on its own two legs. Rui and I did not work on any other titles at Sony, no.

acatalept: Thanks! We will get some bigger screens together soon.

rifai: It's PC first.

Backseat Driver at Friend & Foe. Vane Devlog
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »

whats the price range going to look like? 10? 15?
id pay like 5-10x more for something this beautiful.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
mft-dev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2014, 10:13:47 PM »

Looks very, very good. I'm always impressed when developers can make Unity look this good Smiley
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2014, 10:53:29 PM »

I simply cannot wait for this game! Looking forward to any and every update. The visuals are simply stunning - love the atmosphere you guys are creating!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:46 AM »

I think more games should have a distinct, unique look. Well done on that account!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic