Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:00:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAlive in the Grass
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Alive in the Grass  (Read 2819 times)
nikechure
« on: January 04, 2009, 12:09:14 AM »

Alive in the Grass

Description: Amidst the grass, you find a spider desperately tring to save its home, the forest, from the unfriendly nanobots. It will climb walls and walk on ceilings avoiding the nanobots' weapons and traps, to survive the deadly attack.
Can you help?

Category: Platform
Size: 2.02 MB
Version: Ver 6
Vista Compatible: yes
Resolution: 480x360
Changes Resolution: no
Mulitplayer: no

Download Link:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/66024
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=48245

Screenshots:

This game is entered in Yoyogames's competition.

EDIT:
I've noticed that the links don't work... seriously people, you should have told me.
Anyway, they are fixed now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:08:20 AM by nikechure » Logged
Zaphos
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 02:26:12 PM »

I like the idea of a spider platformer like this (with walking on walls and all) but the movement doesn't feel right, yet -- it seems I can't stick to walls when going around some corners, but can around others?  And there's this curious double jump ability but no webbing.  The walking animation is very stiff and looks more like sliding than walking.

Like I said, though, it's a neat idea -- hope you do something more with it, even though I guess the competition is over Smiley
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »

Finished it. The ending speech was pretty cheesy. Giggle

I like your level design for the most part. You did a good job with introducing new challenges as the game went on.

The collision detection seems a bit rough, with the collision boxes feeling larger than the sprites making some of the challenges a bit tougher than the seem.

The turrets firing randomly instead of in patterns is horribly, horribly annoying especially in the few levels where you need to drop past turrets in a small vertical tunnel.

It is not intuitive that you need to jump in order to round "outside" corners, especially after a stretch of "inside" corners that you can walk around with just the arrow keys. Pressing jump on a wall making you fall without jumping and only letting you actually "jump" in midair once after doing so is also not intuitive or consistent with the ground behavior.

The graphics work well functionally, apart from the active red spikes blending in with the background a bit.

Levin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:37 AM »

I tried to download it but if I press N in the main menu, it shows the command list instead to begin a new game.
Levin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »

Hey! It works Smiley thank you.
I really love the graphics and the atmosphere but I agree about the difficulty in movements (mainly on the walls). However, good job. Hoping you'll improve it Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic