Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:17:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopPixelgents Workshop Thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixelgents Workshop Thread  (Read 1039 times)
Pixelgent
Level 1

Pixels and Polygons

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »

I want to improve and i'm working on things that i'm having trouble with. I am fairly happy with the character but would still like some feedback on ways to improve it. The animation however i'm not happy with at all and cant figure out a good looking way of doing it.

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:02:13 PM »

No wonder you're satisfied with it, because it looks decent. You could give us more information on what you were actually trying to show with the animation though. (but if it's not easy to tell atm then indeed it might not be the best)

I'm guesing it is supposed to show that idle breathing animation? It's more like sit ups at the moment. In general, the larger pixels are the harder it is to  do the breathing animation (or at least I think so). One way to escape your current situation would be animating less pixels in your image. For example just the arms or arms & face. Another way is not to do it at all. At certain resolutions it's better to drop some things (but it's just my opinion, nobody forbids trying it).

Anyway, you should add some environment! Smiley

Zanhuf
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »

I want to improve and i'm working on things that i'm having trouble with. I am fairly happy with the character but would still like some feedback on ways to improve it. The animation however i'm not happy with at all and cant figure out a good looking way of doing it.

I tried sprucing up the idle (?) animation:

What i did:

What made him(?) bigger.
Gave him longer legs.

I did this because when he bob's down he loses his legs, which makes it look odd, so with an extra pixel he keeps his feet at least.

I also made him a pixel longer, so when he bobs down the change isn't as drastic (because the piece is so small changes are easily seen especially in animation).

Not sure if thats what you want, but i found it difficult to animate him in the current state he is in.

Apologies if this isn't what you meant.
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:18:15 PM »

Dude! I was about to try animating it too, but then I was like "Nah, I wouldn't want anyone touching my work if I posted something of my own." and then you posted this, ha!

Is that even okay to edit people's stuff here? I mean, they're supposed to learn after all, not get stuff done by others, right? Also your approach looks quite dramatic as for such an animation which is supposed to be subtle. But that's just my impression. Cheers Toast Right

Pixelgent
Level 1

Pixels and Polygons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »

That helped, but I really would like to keep it the same size, having more frames helped quite a bit. How does this look?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic