Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:24:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsTutorial: 2d vectors and game logic
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: 2d vectors and game logic  (Read 6554 times)
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:50:03 AM »

Metadon has just made a tutorial about 2d vectors on IndieLib forums. I think it could be really helpful. It comes with source code and executable example (Windows).

"This tutorial will be about the ways you can use 2d vectors. While not exclusive for indielib, it is a very useful thing to know and if i write more tutorials they will most likely incorporate vectors in one way or another. "

http://www.indielib.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:19:34 AM by Loover » Logged
BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »

A Vector class described as "fairly complete" lacking dot and cross product? (And no operator overloading?) This guy has clearly missed the point of vectors, I would consider his tutorial highly suspect.
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »

A Vector class described as "fairly complete" lacking dot and cross product? (And no operator overloading?) This guy has clearly missed the point of vectors, I would consider his tutorial highly suspect.

highly suspect...  Noir

Suspect of what crime? Haha. Lack of knowledge? Smiley

I will suggest him to add that methods.
BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:33:04 PM »

suspect: adj thought to be possibly false, untrue or dangerous; dubious • His excuse sounds pretty suspect to me
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »

That what I call a "false friend" Smiley. In Spanish the direct translation, "sospechoso", make me think a black noir film Smiley

Sorry!
BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »

Well, there is also suspect, noun and suspect, verb which are probably what you are thinking of.
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 02:03:27 PM »

He is extending the class with new features: http://www.indielib.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83

Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

This is kind of topicish a little bit, but do you need to have indielib installed in order to run applications made by it?

I was poking around in your forums trying to play some of the prototypes, but they all give me an "This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect." I'm running windows xp btw.
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »

This is kind of topicish a little bit, but do you need to have indielib installed in order to run applications made by it?

I was poking around in your forums trying to play some of the prototypes, but they all give me an "This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect." I'm running windows xp btw.

In fact no. That's due because the project configuration on vc2008 by default dosen't includes some files in the .exe that are needed.

I'll tell him to recompile them.

I'll post here again when it is done.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:54:56 PM by Loover » Logged
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »

thats why MingW is the best Smiley

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 03:39:30 PM »

I have to try to compile IndieLib using it Smiley I hope it is not very complicated!

By the way, Metadon said:

Reuploaded light, so that should work. I'll fix the others soonish.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 05:21:12 PM »

I have no idea how easy that is when you're using DirectX, but I'm guessing that shouldn't be impossible.

Decipher
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 03:28:48 AM »

Loover: Try to disable Manifest File Generation, .manifest files are the bottlenecks that cause "Application configuration is incorrect" bugger.
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 05:06:46 AM »

Thank you Decipher. I don't know if it was the manifiest file, but changin this: Project>Properties>C/C++>Code Generation>Multi-threaded (/MT) (it was DLL) It works.

Metado has reuploaded all the examples. You can try them now: http://www.indielib.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I think that this is a really interesting thread. This guy is making really interesting tests.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic