Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:39:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRe: The Little Acre - OUT NOW ON PC AND CONSOLES
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Re: The Little Acre - OUT NOW ON PC AND CONSOLES  (Read 5688 times)
ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:04 AM »

Glad to hear it! We're definitely approaching the whole design with the idea that the game is meant to be finished. It's less difficult than many other adventure games, with the focus being more on the journey itself. The hope is that it'll be something that both adventure game veterans and newcomers will enjoy.
ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:11 AM »

If anyone here is planning on heading to Microsoft's ID@Xbox Pre-PAX event on Wednesday, you should come say hello because we'll be demoing The Little Acre there! Grin For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, it's this:

http://majornelson.com/2015/08/17/youre-invited-to-microsofts-idxbox-pre-pax-open-house/

So basically, there'll be about 50 ID@Xbox games, it's free to attend, and Microsoft are shuttling people over from the Washington State Convention Centre.

We're so excited! We've never been to such a big promotional event before so I'll be sure to post all about it here (with pictures!) if anyone's interested. If anyone has any questions, ask away!
ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 05:18:40 AM »

Hey everyone! It's been just over 2 weeks since we've returned from the id@xbox Pre-PAX event, so I thought I'd give you guys a summary into how it went, and what we took from it. For anyone who's not aware, the event took place in Redmond in the Microsoft visitor centre, the day before PAX Prime. It was preeeeeetty nice:

As soon as we entered we were given our passes and sent upstairs to the big room where we'd be set up for the day. With around 50 id@Xbox games on show, they decided to split them into two big rooms which were located right next to each other. I later heard from many attendees that this was much better than the year before, where everyone was jammed into one room.

When we got in, our game was already set up and running. Microsoft had also left a bucket of badges (or buttons for you US folk!) to give to people, which was pretty nice. We added our stickers and leaflets to the mix, and had a pretty nice set-up:

We were early, so we had some time to do some last minute testing to make sure everything worked. This was also the time Microsoft employees themselves were allowed to check out the games before heading back to work!

At around 2pm, the event opened to the press for 2 hours. We got to show the game to some of the gaming press, but also to some YouTubers (Lui Calibre and Daithi De Nogla seen here)

After the 2 hours, we were given an hour to eat (burritos were provided), and then doors opened to the public at 5pm until 9pm. Although we've exhibited at a number of events in Ireland, this was the first time we properly exhibited in the US (or outside of Ireland for that matter). I was glad to see that people seemed to enjoy it as much as they did back home. Here's my favourite pic from the whole day:

All in all, I'm happy The Little Acre was one of the titles selected, and I'm glad we decided to go. Although flights to the US were fairly pricey, the total cost was lower than what you'd normally expect to spend when exhibiting at trade shows. It was obviously a much smaller event than, say, PAX itself, but until fairly recently we hadn't been in a position to even consider something like that.

If any of you have the opportunity to demo your game at an event that won't completely break the bank, I'd highly encourage it! Aside from doing our best to market the game, it was a great opportunity for the less tangible stuff like meeting other developers and publishers, and being able to put faces to names.

If anyone is curious about anything, just ask! Now, I'll leave you guys with a picture of us standing among a bunch of ridiculously talented people:

ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 05:35:30 AM »

Hello again! Getting back to in-game content now, I'd like to start showing some of the work that's still rough and in progress.

Here are two animations currently being worked on for a puzzle – the only difference being the outcome. In the first case, Hazmat guy will throw the cat out the door. The door, being a fire escape, will swing shut immediately. This is essentially the fail-state, because the player needs to get into the building without being seen.

The second animation shows Hazmat guy tossing the cat out the window, after the player prevents the door from being opened. The window is left open when Hazmat guy walks away, allowing the player to climb through the window!

ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 05:34:02 AM »

If anyone is interested in seeing it, we have a livestream of an animation being drawn right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/pewter_games
ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 03:11:14 AM »

Ashamed to say it's been almost a year since I've updated Shocked We're on the verge of completion though, so I figured it's about time.

So first of all, the biggest news... we got a publisher!! Beer! Super happy to say that The Little Acre will be published by Curve Digital! And to add to that, Charles Cecil (creator of Broken Sword, duh), agreed to come on board and help us in an executive producer capacity!

Basically what this means is that for the past couple of months he's been going through the game and offering us advice - things to add, things to change, etc. With this being an adventure game and all, we're obviously fans of the genre, but Broken Sword was one of the biggest influences on us for the design of The Little Acre, so to have Charles helping us now is weird and awesome.

We also recently posted our final trailer. Check it out!

We're planning to release in a couple of months - we'll have an exact date pinned down soon!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 03:43:19 AM »

Looking great! Coffee
ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 04:16:46 AM »

The last three years of our lives have been geared towards this day, and now we're finally here. Shocked The Little Acre releases today for PC, Xbox One, and PS4! Basically all we're doing right now is reading the reviews as they come in, and thankfully there's a lot of positivity. Totes emosh.

It's live on the Xbox store right now with PlayStation to follow soon, and we're told that Steam usually goes live around 6pm Irish time. If you're reading this in the future, you can find it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/423590/

A little while ago we decided to do this

where we just talked about various elements of working on the game, and we're releasing that today too. Who knows, maybe people will find it interesting/entertaining. We might post the full conversation later.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 04:48:37 AM »

Due to a few unfortunate incidents, I no longer have Windows - do you support linux? Or alternatively, Wii U?
ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »

Yes to Linux!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »

Huzzah! Will buy it when I'm in a country where steam doesn't complain (it's compicated - live in one country, bank account in another), which will be this Saturday. Looking forward to playing it! Smiley
ChaosResolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 01:51:21 AM »

Thank you very much! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic