Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:18:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDWYBO DEMO
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DWYBO DEMO  (Read 693 times)
coderaven98
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »

Hi my name is Enrique I'am an indie game developer and I would like to have some feedback on my game demo, any kind of feedback would be appreciated I mean in Graphics, controls, gameplay, fun, type of game... The game is hosted at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/642074

System requirements:
accelerated graphics card or a good processor
webgl compatible browser
Mouse and keyboard
Controls:
move:
WASD or Arrow keys
Aim, defend:
mouse move
Shoot:
Left Mouse
Special Attack:
Shift or Q keys

Many Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:30:03 AM by coderaven98 » Logged
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »

It seemed like it was a little bit slow on my computer, but it was still quite playable.

My biggest issue is that there's no feedback from bullet hits. I couldn't tell if my bullets were damaging the enemy, and unless I looked at my healthbar constantly I couldn't see when I was being damaged either. Because of this, I found the combat frustrating and tedious.

The animation was a little bit glitchy, with the character's legs sometimes spreading out too far, or resetting randomly. Going down a ramp, I saw the character flip upside down for a frame or so.

The graphics are...I don't know. I don't personally find them that appealing, but I think my main issue with them is just that none of the styles fit together. You've got a non-outlined character made of polygons mixed with colored-outline abstract ships and a dark-outline abstract ship, and then the effects are smooth while the direction indicator and the font you're using are pixelated. I'd recommend picking one style for the game and using it in a consistent way.

I like the music. It was very different from what I generally expect in a platformer. The sound effects weren't bad either.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
coderaven98
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:29:02 AM »

Thanks for your time and opinion
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic