Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 03:50:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDeath's Gambit -- (Releases August 14th on PS4 and Steam)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Death's Gambit -- (Releases August 14th on PS4 and Steam)  (Read 46150 times)
somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2014, 06:50:24 PM »

The art style of this game is amazing, but the "feeling" it conveys is even more so. The camera shake in the riding animation provide a real sense of speed, roughness and make the ground beneath feel solid and hard. In fact, all of your animations appear to interact with the environment in a consistent and believable way, which is quite a feat and not easy to get right. It really makes a huge difference in building the mental image of your games world in the players mind.

Thanks for the awesome compliments! Yeah we definitely care about the small details. We have super high expectations for ourselves >_< so it's hard not to be a perfectionist about these things.

Big fan of the art style of this game and the souls flying out of dead creatures is great. Mainly wanted to say how beautiful that book animation is, stunning.

Collectibles have to feel awesome!

somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »

UPDATE - BLIGHTLANDS REVEAL

The Blightlands is Death's Gambit's Hub Level. From here you can access the early game areas. It will have tons of secrets to find! Where will it lead?

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »

I adore the fact that the majority of screens here are moving images.

Haha, Gifs >>>>> pictures.

SPEAKING OF WHICH!
We need feedback on our new animations XD

note: Gif was recorded on a potato computer so it runs slower than usual

Let me know what you guys think. We like the jump but still aren't sure about the run.

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Also, I'm in love with the cape physics you have going on in-game.  Would you mind elaborating a little on how you made that?
somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »

SPEAKING OF WHICH!

Let me know what you guys think. We like the jump but still aren't sure about the run.

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Also, I'm in love with the cape physics you have going on in-game.  Would you mind elaborating a little on how you made that?

Thanks! It's taken a lot of weird ideas to pull off. A lot of people have been asking for this haha. I'll make a post soon detailing it.

BanzaiBrigade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2014, 08:53:38 AM »

SPEAKING OF WHICH!

It mostly looks good, but there isn't an initial jump animation, he just seems to magically launch into the air. It would be nice if there were a couple of frames of him bending his legs before launching up into the air, so that he seems to have a bit of weight to him.

If you want to polish it even further, adding a landing animation would also be a good addition.

Blightlands look fantastic. I really want the hanging corpse to have a sublte swaying animation.

BrawlBeast currently on Kickstarter
somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 04:06:02 PM »

New Animations! We've made a lot of progress on animations for monsters ect. in our trailer. Check them out!

And yes I still need to make that cape physics post soon!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:20:58 PM by somn » Logged

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »

hoooly mother of god those are some sexy animations

especially loving the weight of the sword in that attack animation.  looks like it'll be incredibly satisfying to use.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »

Oh my; those new animations look grand! The new scarf is nice, as well.

If there's one thing I adore, it's gigantic swords like the last two on that design image you posted.
Thomas_
Level 0

https://twitter.com/DustbowlAGS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2014, 03:28:51 AM »

It's not really my kind of game but...
So gorgeous art and animations...
I want to play it! :D
Turrican meets Shadow of Colossus?! :O

MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2014, 05:08:01 AM »

This is looking better and better everytime I check in Jean, keep up the awesome work!!  Coffee

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »

It's not really my kind of game but...
So gorgeous art and animations...
I want to play it! :D
Turrican meets Shadow of Colossus?! :O

Whoa thanks for the awesome responses. Wait till you guys see the rest XD.

@Atavismus I have never played Turrican though it seems great! Most of our inspirations come from modern games.

Just because the uppercut one was WIP, here is a better version.

These are all ABILITIES. The player can use these outside of the regular slash attacks. Abilities so far we think will be bought off merchants, drop off enemies, and just found scattered in the world.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:31:32 PM by somn » Logged

somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2014, 06:59:43 PM »

UPDATE - BREAKING THE SILENCE

I know it’s been a while, but we want to make sure we surprise you guys with the release of our Kickstarter trailer. We haven’t mentioned a date yet, but this is due to the nebulous nature of funding and where it comes from. Next month we’ll either announce the date or how we’re proceeding. Enough about that. Lets talk about abilities! As you can see, animations in Death’s Gambit have been getting a lot of love

SHIELD BREAK

After a short charge-up time, you land a powerful uppercut that can disarm shields and stun an enemy for 3 seconds. This gives melee purists a fighting chance against shielded enemies. Timing becomes crucial with the long cast time, but increasing your haste stat during level up will let you cast faster. This ability can only be used with a sword equipped, and is limited to 3 uses before you must recharge at a save point.

ARCANE BLAST

A long cast AOE explosion that deals high damage to everyone around the player. This ability doesn’t have a required weapon but does take up an ability slot.

BLOCK?

Our current block, animation pending change. Other than rolling around to dodge attacks, you will also be able to block. This does not take an equipment slot, so you don’t have to choose between a weapon or a shield. When hit, your endurance will take part of the damage for you. If the damage is too high then your character will be staggered and take damage.

Whats been going on with the streams and the boss challenges?
In order to save our really awesome shots for our final trailer, we want to stop revealing too much of our work on stream. If you catch our streams, it won’t be gameplay, but more art/coding techniques. We hope to go back to streaming much more after the funding process has been worked out. We expect that to be during January. As for the boss tests, we have decided to stop these for the time being =(. Simply put, we can’t show more gameplay until we reveal the trailer. This does not mean they will not return, we personally found this to be a really fun way to interact with our fans and are looking forward to bringing it back.

What is White Rabbit up to these days?
We are working hard on our kickstarter trailer! Next month we should be able to announce the date. Stay tuned!

somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »

Forgot to post this video here:

It is Death's Gambit related XD but I cant say how else that would spoil the meaning later on.

HQ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »

@Atavismus I have never played Turrican though it seems great! Most of our inspirations come from modern games.

These are all ABILITIES. The player can use these outside of the regular slash attacks. Abilities so far we think will be bought off merchants, drop off enemies, and just found scattered in the world.

a small fast crop and move edit that needs more editing. bend the legs before/while impact a bit, so the animation gets more weight.

hhttps://twitter.com/HQ_PixelArtist
somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:45 PM »

a small fast crop and move edit that needs more editing. bend the legs before/while impact a bit, so the animation gets more weight.

Thanks I do agree about the legs. I'll try it get back to you on how it looks.

We are slowly making our animations better and better.

Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »

This game looks amazing!

I hope you'll be able to collect enough funds to continue developing it, as it already feels like a good "dracula-x" like game set in a dark fantasy universe Smiley

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »

This game looks amazing!

I hope you'll be able to collect enough funds to continue developing it, as it already feels like a good "dracula-x" like game set in a dark fantasy universe Smiley

Thanks! Yeah Castlevania style games are definitely a big influence. We are definitely going for something different with the combat and storytelling though.

somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »

UPDATE - TRAILER IN PROGRESS

Doing a quick update to show that we are alive. We are not sure if we will be doing a Kickstarter anymore as we might be able to survive without it.
We will post here once we decide.

There is a looooot of new stuff that we have yet to show! It is hard to hold it all in for a big reveal so here is one of the scenes in our trailer.

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2014, 02:29:36 AM »

This is my favourite GM:S project up to date! It's freaking amazing, the art, the gameplay, everything just looks fantastic!

somn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »

This is my favourite GM:S project up to date! It's freaking amazing, the art, the gameplay, everything just looks fantastic!

Wow thanks that means a lot! Can't wait to show more! XD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic