Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:52:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSmoking Simulator!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Smoking Simulator!  (Read 1663 times)
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:01:59 AM »

Hi Everyone!

We thought you might be interested in an indie game we created for the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest. It is entitled Smoking Simulator and tasks you with making it through a stressful work day armed with only a handful of cigarettes. Please check out the links below for more info or contact us directly at this email ([email protected]). Thanks for hopefully checking out our game and long live indie gaming!

http://smokingsimulator.com/   (Official Site)

(Youtube Trailer)
http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/623#.U7NzZbHeZWz"  (Contest Site)

Sincerely,
The Smoking Simulator Dev Team

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:29:24 AM »

Is it possible to control the amount of smoke inhaled? Is it possible to inhale so much you pass out?

Also, you posted this topic in the wrong section.

SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »

The longer you hold the smoke button (right click) the more you inhale. We have toyed with the idea of negative side effects if the user inhales to much, but have not yet implemented it as of yet... it is an idea on the table though.

Thanks for replying and if you haven't already, you can play a web version of the game on the official site in a unity enabled browser.

Thanks!
SmokingSimDev
poe
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »

What a boring idea for a game with a cash-in title.
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »

Is it safe to play this if I'm pregnant?

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:08:01 PM »

What a boring idea for a game with a cash-in title.

Hi Poe, first off thanks for responding to the post! If I may ask, did you actually get a chance to play the demo or are your judgments based solely off the description that we gave? If you haven't had a chance to do so, you can play the game in your browser right now or download it for your Windows based PC if you prefer. Both can be done at http://smokingsimulator.com/

Also, the game is currently free-to-play so our goal is certainly not to "cash-in" simply due to the title. I understand there are a lot of simulators out right now, but we believe the naming choice is fitting to the game we tried to create. Do you believe that in the long run we would benefit from a change in name? If so, let us know.

Thanks again for your opinion and I look forward to your responses. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:31:11 PM by SmokingSimDev » Logged
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »

Is it safe to play this if I'm pregnant?

Lol, the Smoking Sim Dev Team does not condone real life smoking during pregnancy... Virtual smoking on the other hand should be ok..... then again we're not doctors Tongue
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »

Cool

Rayiner
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »

please not this anymore.
enough of these simulators.
Kyuugatsu
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 01:18:56 PM »

Whew, that intro was way too long, and unskippable to boot! I think the information would've been better presented as in-game posters.

Conker534
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »

let me skip the opening, but I thought it was fun. Keep it up Smiley
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 01:52:51 PM »

let me skip the opening, but I thought it was fun. Keep it up Smiley
Glad you had some fun with it! The opening intro is actually skippable once you watch it once. We wanted to make sure everyone watched it at least once before getting into the game, but tweaking the option to skip earlier is understandable. Thanks for the input!
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »

Whew, that intro was way too long, and unskippable to boot! I think the information would've been better presented as in-game posters.
Sorry you felt the length was a little long. Once you have viewed the intro once you can skip it each time after that. I do, however,like your suggestion of creating them as in-game posters, I think that may be something we explore in future updates. Thanks for checking out the game!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:10:37 PM by SmokingSimDev » Logged
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »

please not this anymore.
enough of these simulators.
Hi Rayiner! I understand that there are a lot of simulators out there currently, but we definitely tried to make playing through this one a worthwhile experience. I hope you decide to give it a chance and if so, let us know what you think afterwards. Thanks for checking out the post!
InvertMouse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »

I can imagine and understand folks being sick of simulators. Rock Simulator, well, yeah. Games are Surgeon Simulator are cool in my books since there is obvious effort being put in. I have yet to check out this Smoking Simulator game but I hope that is something all simulator creators could consider Smiley.

Twitter: @InvertMouse
Facebook: http://facebook.com/invertmouse
Trash_Empire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »

Very Interesting! Keep up the good work! Smiley
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »

I can imagine and understand folks being sick of simulators. Rock Simulator, well, yeah. Games are Surgeon Simulator are cool in my books since there is obvious effort being put in. I have yet to check out this Smoking Simulator game but I hope that is something all simulator creators could consider Smiley.
We love Surgeon Simulator!... and we agree with your sentiments. There are a lot of "simulators" currently that give the genre a bad name, but we hope that we are not one of those. We certainly tried to put as much effort as possible into crafting our game and will be continuing to do so as we implement new ideas and receive feedback.

Thanks for your comment and I'd love to hear your thoughts once you've had a chance to play the game! (Can be played in your browser at http://smokingsimulator.com/)
SmokingSimDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 04:48:10 AM »

Very Interesting! Keep up the good work! Smiley
Thanks! We'll certainly do our best!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic