Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:55:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSmokin' Guns is out - Time for some Wild West action!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Smokin' Guns is out - Time for some Wild West action!  (Read 19859 times)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »

Just finished installing the game. Now where can I find a match? I'll be on as Otaku42, to keep it simple/real.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 01:38:49 PM »

Do you have MSN? If a few more want to I'd gladly play again.

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2009, 01:40:16 PM »

ya i came off a bit angry too. i think client side graphic options would be fab. right now, they game is just dandy enough for me to play with crossover. but if people have computers that can do better, then they should have better graphics!

me too otaku42 add meh

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
shig
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »

If you see someone named Clit Eastwood using a single Colt Peacemaker and abusing bathroom humor... That's me!

That's no typo, son.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2009, 02:04:15 PM »

Sweet- now someone explain to this noob how to add people, please.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »

No matter if a graphics update would be good or not, I suppose the biggest problem with it would be actually making it Wink I got the impression that it's pretty much impossible right now, or used to be, anyway. Maybe it's become a possibility?

I'm also going to play now, so if anyone is on or thinks about it.. Smiley

If you see someone named Clit Eastwood using a single Colt Peacemaker and abusing bathroom humor... That's me!
Is that..

That's no typo, son.
.. Oh...
 Cry

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
shig
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »

Cry

Wink

Anyways, I hate how this game doesn't let me alt+tab the screen, nor Ctrl+v anything.
Meaning that if I want to connect to a friend's IP I'll have to actually write it down somewhere before starting the game. Having to exit the game to see MSN messages is pretty annoying, too.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 03:15:04 PM »

It is annoying, but I think it's Quake 3's fault. At least all games based on the Quake 3 engine that I know suffer from the same problem. Although I have seen a little app for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy which lets you define a hotkey to tab out of the game. Maybe something like that could be packed with SG?

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Renton
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 03:50:03 PM »

I just go windowed.
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »

By the way, this game is incredible! I spent all day yesterday playing for the first time. I love having two pistols and having to time your fire and reload so as not to get caught defenseless. It would be so incredible to somehow combine this with mount & blade and have wild west gunplay on horseback. (I know there are gun mods for m&b, but SGs gun mechanic is just so awesome, they don't come close)
shig
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 02:20:30 AM »

I just go windowed.

...How?

Also, using knifes feels weird in this game. Throwing them is still awesome, tho.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 02:45:09 AM »

For windowed: Options > System.

shig
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 03:04:23 AM »

Huh? I was sure I looked around everything on options trying to find out a windowed mode.

I was really sure.
Pardner
Level 0

Alt+F4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 07:26:37 AM »

Anyways, I hate how this game doesn't let me alt+tab the screen, nor Ctrl+v anything.
Meaning that if I want to connect to a friend's IP I'll have to actually write it down somewhere before starting the game. Having to exit the game to see MSN messages is pretty annoying, too.
you can Ctrl+V into the console. if you want to connect to a server just type:
/connect [IP]

to go windowed mode just press Alt+Enter

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »

I played this just now.

THATS MY BOOMSTICK  Durr...?
Duckmeister
Level 0

Crescent Fresh

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »

Just played the first game I've played on a server with absolutely no bots, and it. was. FUN!  It was bank robbery too, so looks like a lot of folks missed out today.

Duel colts, winchester 1897, life is good...

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.  I have erased this line.
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 05:41:47 AM »

I love this game.

One problem I have is that if I ever try to alt+tab to something else, the contrast in my game gets messed up. The only way to fix it is to restart the game  Tired

Has anyone else got this or is it just my Fisher Price style laptop
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 08:24:33 AM »

I love this game.

One problem I have is that if I ever try to alt+tab to something else, the contrast in my game gets messed up. The only way to fix it is to restart the game  Tired

Has anyone else got this or is it just my Fisher Price style laptop
Probably you do get to the desktop for a split-second and your ingame brightness/contrass gets set to the desktop values. At least I remember having a problem like that a long time ago. Try to slightly change these values in SG's options, maybe that resets it.

shig
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »

I just killed this JEBAKA guy with the knife like a billion times.

And I typed "AHAHAHAAHAH" after every single time.
Felt good.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »

I endorse this product, wholly!
Gamers4Jesus however, are not endorsed, for their obsession with team DM mode when round team match is way better obviously.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic