Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:55:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSmokin' Guns is out - Time for some Wild West action!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Smokin' Guns is out - Time for some Wild West action!  (Read 19788 times)
Pardner
Level 0

Alt+F4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 06:22:57 AM »

It was great to see TIGS on the servers last night. Fun times  Beer!

I endorse this product, wholly!
Gamers4Jesus however, are not endorsed, for their obsession with team DM mode when round team match is way better obviously.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,  only I wouldn't blame the Gamers4Jesus. the TIGS had the G4J out numbered 6 to 2, so when a vote passed/failed it was mostly up to the TIGS.  Shrug

PaleFox
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 02:19:50 PM »

I entirely endorse this game, it's one of the better FPS games around, free or no. The gatlings are great Wink. However, I am forced to point out that Bank Robbery is clearly the best mode (when there are no bots  Angry Hand Shake Right). More people need to know about this game, no?
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »

I can't get mapmaker set up. Do you need vanilla Q3 to mod this game?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »

Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but Pardner has just posted a mapping guide for SG on the forums: http://www.smokin-guns.net/viewtopic.php?t=1491 Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
PaleFox
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »

If you are able to use GTKRadient, you should be able to make maps for SG without needing Quake, yeah. I'm thinking that might be because SG itself is a standalone engine. Here is the site for Radient, and MisterX already posted the guide for setting it up to work for Smokin' Guns.

Good luck.  Tiger Hand Thumbs Up Right
Pardner
Level 0

Alt+F4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »

Sorry for the delayed release of the guide... I was having so much fun playing online  Well, hello there!

You do not need Q3 at all to do any mapping for Smokin' Guns. You must modify somethings, but you should have a good result if you follow the tutorial MisterX posted. I think the team is planning on updating the sg_map_tools to make it easier to get started.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 09:17:08 PM »

You plannin' on adding any more game modes, Pardner? I think a survival mode like round teammode only without teams would be really fun. Well, hello there!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 04:14:39 AM »

You plannin' on adding any more game modes, Pardner? I think a survival mode like round teammode only without teams would be really fun. Well, hello there!
Last man standing? :O

Awesome idea.  Noir
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »

Any reason why that tutorial uses 1.4 instead of 1.5, Pardner? 1.5 works fine for me.

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »

Last Man Standing sounds cool, and definitely suitable for a western game :D

By the way, I made a bunch of photos of the money locations in each Bank Robbery map. I wanted to make a little guide, first, but I guess some "old" photos without any description are way more cool, so they only give you a hint, but don't already reveal everything Smiley
Few petty filters slapped onto them in GIMP and they'll look pretty much like that:
http://s11.directupload.net/images/090117/2xa8eor8.png

I just think that may be a tad too unrecognizable, don't know.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »

Why can I not find any servers running a shootout gametype?
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 09:41:03 AM »

Do you mean the "Duel" mode? In that case, I guess it's just not very popular. When there are 12 players on a server it's just funnier if they can all play together Smiley

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 10:49:22 AM »

Keyser: Go onto TIGIRC and find some people to play with you there; so long as you outnumber  the locals you can callvote map and mode changes as much as you want. Beer!
[CFS] High Noon is the only server I know of without voting enabled.

@MisterX: Is these photo accurate? I dynamited that chest in the alamo once and it didn't budge!

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »

@MisterX: Is these photo accurate? I dynamited that chest in the alamo once and it didn't budge!
The chest itself is pretty sturdy, but the cover isn't so much Grin

Well, I guess I'll be going with that then and go on making the rest of them.

Pardner
Level 0

Alt+F4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »

Any reason why that tutorial uses 1.4 instead of 1.5, Pardner? 1.5 works fine for me.
Yes, 1.5 has been out for years now but it has been very unstable. It is much more difficult to start up and most the team have had nothing but trouble with it. 1.4 on the other hand is stable and the team completely supports it. Radiant recently went open source in preparation for QuakeZero, and they will be building RadiantZero off of the Radiant1.4 source.... if that tells you anything.

For additional game modes.... well your talking to the wrong person Sad I can't code my way out of a paper bag! I noticed you have posted this idea on our forums. I think the rest of the team likes the idea, so lets hope the coders get ambitious!

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 03:41:32 PM »

Alright, posted "photos" of the money locations in each Bank Robbery map. That should help a bit Smiley
http://www.smokin-guns.net/viewtopic.php?t=1500

Pardner
Level 0

Alt+F4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2009, 05:52:36 AM »

Had some good games last night with some of you TIGS    Hand Shake LeftGrin:handshakeR:
GGS fun times

Pardner
Level 0

Alt+F4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »

Hi TIGS,
I still see some of you still play this game so I figured I would post this here.

***Tourney Page***

This purpose of this thread is both for tournament information and tournament discussion. Feel free to discussion anything about the tourney here, but please see below on how to register you and/or your team.

A couple little things to start the discussion (note: everything is subject to change):

*Here is the thread from the last two years (2007, 2007,2007, 2008). Please feel free to post your suggestion, especially for those of your who participated last year. My aim is to have things go smoother this year, but I know there is sure to be mistakes.

*Like last year, send me a PM to sign your team up. If you dont have a team I will place you on a "pick-up" team. If you find a team later, thats fine.

*A slight change this year. The tournament will be not run on the WASTELANDS server. This year the server will be passworded. You will receive your password when you sign you and/or your team up.... so make sure your entire team gets the password. I have not decided which server to run the tourney on. It will most likey be one of the following: smokinguns.fr, RAWHIDE, or Deviant Pointer. It has to be a sever where the referees can have rcon access.

*Also, the maps will be chose at random. Basically, the maps will be chose in the order that they appear in the map rotation. This will reduce the amount of delay spend on choosing a map. And, it also rules out any one getting and advantage (or disadvantage) by playing on their favorite (or least favorite) map.

*This year I hope to have more players join our little competition. This means that we may need to split the tourney into two days. The tourney starts Saturday morning The start time hasn't been defined, but like the previous years, i will be grouping contestants into time zones that way no one has to get up too early and stay up too late.. I will let everybody know if we need to extend the tourney into Sunday.

*More players means that I may need to be less lenient on the rules, especially the start/finish time. This year I want to try having warm-up times; this way people have time to leave/ join before the actual match starts. Please know when to show up and leave when you are supposed to.  This will make the tourney much easier and keep my blood pressure down!!

*If you want to read about what the Smokin' Guns community is talking about, check out this thread

*The SG staff and I will be refereeing and our word is final. BUT remember, this tourney is for fun! So please, enjoy yourself!!!

~Pardner

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic