Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:40:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAEGIS DEFENDERS - 16-bit Miyazaki-inspired Tactical Metroidvania
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: AEGIS DEFENDERS - 16-bit Miyazaki-inspired Tactical Metroidvania  (Read 12003 times)
lai-studioguts
Level 0

Hello. Kobo would like to be your friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »

VIDEO #2
Bryce Kho, our artist, had uploaded a timelapse video of a sketch that may or may not be in the kickstarter page:

Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 09:02:25 PM »

Oh wow, He draws like Kim Jung Gi! :O Awesome!

mcErik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »

My Word!  Waaagh!
Wow, those backgrounds are amazing!
In general, everything looks amazing. I don't think you'll have any problems reaching your funding once you launch your kickstarter. Keep up the good work, I'll definitely be following you guys.
lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 07:21:22 PM »

My Word!  Waaagh!
Wow, those backgrounds are amazing!
In general, everything looks amazing. I don't think you'll have any problems reaching your funding once you launch your kickstarter. Keep up the good work, I'll definitely be following you guys.

Thanks! Not gonna lie, we are so worried about our kickstarter... Concerned but I think that if following your dreams scares the hell out of you, you owe it to yourself to try! I mean, I'm new to this forum but I'm loving it! It's super inspiring seeing creative people making things they love and believe in!

Oh wow, He draws like Kim Jung Gi! :O Awesome!
Bryce says you are right on! BTW that is a compliment of compliments. Kim Jung Gi is godlike.  Cry That was totally Bryce's inspiration-- he has two of his artbooks and was watching Kim Jung Gi's videos for DAYS. DAYS.

Looks so beautiful  Shocked
Thank you! We hope it's fun to play too.  Smiley

The world needs more Miyazaki games! I love the Nausicaa vibes, looks great!
Right on! We were inspired by the fantasy/medieval-like world. The huge insect creatures are a definite intentional tribute to the movie we love, but if you can believe it, the bad-ass girl in a blue cape was entirely coincidental and when we finished the sprite we were like damn. Nausicaa lives in our subconscious Crazy...

Looks very cool! First gif also reminds of "Children Who Chase Lost Voices"
Thanks! I personally have not seen that movie but it is DEFINITELY something I should check out.  Coffee

Farage
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »

Damn, another amazing game.
I cannot compete with this Cry
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 06:26:02 PM »

Wow  Shocked
This is perfect. Seriously, those cinematics in pixel art, the characters, the gameplay! Oh my god!
I don't even know what to say!
lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 06:33:06 PM »

Damn, another amazing game.
I cannot compete with this Cry
No! We will all make great games!!!!!!!

Dig the art style you have here. If in need of some inspiration check out our favorite Studio Ghibli artist Kazuo Oga...

Keep up the good work.
Thanks! We love Kasuo Oga and were going back and forth on thinking about ordering that art book one time... we ended up being super cheap and passing on it Sad

Wow  Shocked
This is perfect. Seriously, those cinematics in pixel art, the characters, the gameplay! Oh my god!
I don't even know what to say!
Oh man! Glutton Mash guy! Thanks for coming by and checking us out! I love your game!!!
Wish us luck, we're launching Greenlight and Kickstarter in a week!

DeadAlienCult
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »

Loving what i'm seeing here.  Also your artist is nuts, drawing without any construction lines - definitely influenced by Kim Jung Gi.  Crazy bastards ;p

Keep kickin butt, your game is looking super solid!  Wizard Hand Metal Right

lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 07:34:15 PM »

UPDATE #3 Kind of?

Apparently, SOMEONE from my team *cough* ALREADY MADE AN OLD DEVLOG like months before I did and DID NOT TELL ME!!! I have been dutifully updateing on a game that is already on here! So embarrassss Embarrassed Lol. However, it did die a while ago, and we'll seek to merge the two. Here's some location art from that devlog. (It's in a small animated gif on our first post)

Snowfly Peak

Loving what i'm seeing here.  Also your artist is nuts, drawing without any construction lines - definitely influenced by Kim Jung Gi.  Crazy bastards ;p

Keep kickin butt, your game is looking super solid!  Wizard Hand Metal Right
VIKING GHOST GUY!!!  Hand Metal Right
Yeah we were watching that King Jung Gi timelapse stuff for days like  Crazy
Thanks so much! Much respect to you too!

jean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »

The game looks great! (Personally love the Miyazaki, Ghibli movies, especially Mononoke) The building thing is really interesting. Goodluck with the kickstarter  Beer!
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »

Artwork is gorgeous and the game looks incredible as well! I'm a huge fan of Ghibli myself and I can definitely see the inspirations.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 08:38:55 PM »

Ah, wow, following. This art is delicious!

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:53 PM »

comment for subscribe. Smiley

One-bit Punch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 12:36:44 AM »

Snowfly Peak

Just want to say (again!) how much I love the visuals! I recall the fantastic-looking animated version posted earlier, it is absolutely breathtaking. The KS campaign will be a success for sure and I'll vote for this on Greenlight!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Savick
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 05:23:25 AM »

Just chiming in to say it looks amazing so far.
Luachra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 05:50:55 AM »

Looks lovely so far! Loving the vibrant 'alive' Ghibli feel, but I'm also excited for the gameplay!

I really like how you have brought two very different ways of playing together, the building and the shooting through Bart and Clu instead of having it combined in one central character. Also love Bart's beard! Very bushy!  Smiley
lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 12:07:56 PM »

The game looks great! (Personally love the Miyazaki, Ghibli movies, especially Mononoke) The building thing is really interesting. Goodluck with the kickstarter  Beer!
Artwork is gorgeous and the game looks incredible as well! I'm a huge fan of Ghibli myself and I can definitely see the inspirations.
Ah, wow, following. This art is delicious!
comment for subscribe. Smiley
Just chiming in to say it looks amazing so far.
Looks lovely so far! Loving the vibrant 'alive' Ghibli feel, but I'm also excited for the gameplay!

I really like how you have brought two very different ways of playing together, the building and the shooting through Bart and Clu instead of having it combined in one central character. Also love Bart's beard! Very bushy!  Smiley
Just want to say (again!) how much I love the visuals! I recall the fantastic-looking animated version posted earlier, it is absolutely breathtaking. The KS campaign will be a success for sure and I'll vote for this on Greenlight!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Thanks so much for the kind words! It's great to see that we've communicated the Ghibli inspiration clearly!  Hand Metal Left
And yes, Bart's my favorite character to draw because of his enviable facial hair.

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 10:21:25 AM »

Glad to see you guys show up here. With Nausicaa being tied for my favorite Ghibli film (other being Mononoke Hime), I am really looking forward to Aegis Defenders. I'm curious if you guys have anything planned for in-between levels (such as a village hub or worldmap) or is the plan to have the player go from level to level linearly? As I've said before, good luck with the Kickstarter!

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »

o boy. I'm following this one. Great work.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »

UPDATE #5

*fangirl squeal* We're featured on Indie Statik!
The writer did critique our keyboard controls. They are kind of clunky! We recommend an xBox controller, but our engineer is currently working on making the keyboard controls feel better. PM me if you'd like to try out our demo and give us some feedback!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^LOOK LOOK LOOK!! Kiss YAAAAYY!!!

Glad to see you guys show up here. With Nausicaa being tied for my favorite Ghibli film (other being Mononoke Hime), I am really looking forward to Aegis Defenders. I'm curious if you guys have anything planned for in-between levels (such as a village hub or worldmap) or is the plan to have the player go from level to level linearly? As I've said before, good luck with the Kickstarter!

Yeah! We're HUGE Ghibli fans!  Hand Metal Left (Lol I guess it's pretty obvious.)
We huge map planned that the player will explore. It's one connected universe. We do have a resting area between levels but it isn't a village. As you explore the lands the player will just have to set up camp in between! As the writer I don't know if I want to reveal the significance of the campfire sequences as they are very integral to the story as well. As a hint-- Bart the engineer is not only traversing to find and reactivate Aegis, he is trying to seek forgiveness for something in his past he feels tremedous guilt from... aaaahhhhh I really want to tell you but I don't want to spoil it!
I also reeaally want the artist to finish making that world-map concept art (won't be an in-game function, more so just a map) so I can share it, but he's super busy. Tongue
Maybe our kickstarter trailer might hint at it.

o boy. I'm following this one. Great work.

Yay thanks!  Gentleman

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic